Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

bollig posted:

Wait I'm really confused, the Patreon based archives, is there an rss link or whatever? Or do I have to listen to it on the website?

The archives link doesn't seem to be working right now.

There are download links on the individual files, but doesn't look like an RSS feed.

The archive password was just changed on Saturday - that might be your issue. (I logged in fine just a second ago.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

JethroMcB posted:

There are download links on the individual files, but doesn't look like an RSS feed.

The archive password was just changed on Saturday - that might be your issue. (I logged in fine just a second ago.)
Yeah it works. The rss feed that I've been using doesn't seem to be working right now.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

This new ep has so many good segments. Freestyle Bullfighting, breaker boys, and the hit-by-pitches record holder are instant classics

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Papa Larroquette's Night Court co-star Harry Anderson was found dead this morning. He was only 65.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Quick question: Have the live episodes been moved to the Vault or taken down for some other reason? Fell far behind on episodes for a while and have been making my way back to current day and noticed a lot of episodes have been removed from the RSS feed after recently updating it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't know how long you haven't listened to the show but the live shows are now for Patreon supporters only.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

That's a bummer. He seemed like a cool dude.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Why was Seth ranting about making out at work?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
UYD: Vegan axe throwing bar

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Why was Seth ranting about making out at work?

I think it was in relation to him watching Station 19?Having watched a season of Grey's Anatomy over a decade ago I can confirm that everyone on that show is extremely thirsty, so I'm not surprised that a spin-off would have two people hook up eight minutes into the show.

Nothing will ever come close to the amount of hooking up that happens on How To Get Away With Murder though, that show fucks.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The 'friend/time' talk in 646 killed me.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

mcvey posted:

The 'friend/time' talk in 646 killed me.

I actually read the article right before hearing them talk about it, trippy.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was talking to my UM-graduate sister earlier today and we somehow got on the topic of the NCAA tournament this year (I just kinda left that one alone for a while for obvious reasons). Which reminded of one of the funniest UYD clips of all time since I remembered this dude is graduating this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R26QD-wfU60

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I put on a random episode and it was the one were a massive dude pisses on a Jonathon's leg.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Great angry Jonathan in 649. And honestly he's right.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

GraPar posted:

Great angry Jonathan in 649. And honestly he's right.

I'm trying to chill making my curry for dinner and jonathon is yelling at me. Is he ok?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

650 real good. "Would you like to taste my sweet hummus?"

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I wish I could buy a beer for the listener who subscribed Seth to Bowhunter.

Every segment is good, and the bit in 650 is hilarious.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
https://twitter.com/choiTV_channel/status/992845974035943424

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
I swear they looked the exact same as they did in 2006 until like 2015 and then boom 10 years overnight

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The Jonathan cash story is hilarious because he’s been sober for like six months and then starts turning into Seth

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
God bless Jonathan for putting Sleep at the end of 651

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This fly nut study in 652 must've been designed by uyd listeners. I'm dying.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
The live shows are now only for patreon subscribers right? Took me a while to realize/remember those had disappeared, they should really mention it when they talk about the patreon. How does it work once you subscribe to patreon, can you add the live shows feed to any podcast app?

I wish they would video tape the live shows every so often. The few clips that exist out there are golden.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Markovnikov posted:

The live shows are now only for patreon subscribers right? Took me a while to realize/remember those had disappeared, they should really mention it when they talk about the patreon. How does it work once you subscribe to patreon, can you add the live shows feed to any podcast app?

Yes, there's a separate RSS feed in the subscribers-only section of the Patreon site called "UYD Bonus Listening" that is just the Live eps (And the one hour-long mixtape Jonathan posted once, as if that would become a regular thing.)

Crescendo
Apr 24, 2005

Strafe those atheistic degenerates. Color them green with lots of holes.
I think it's amazing that the feed isn't polluted by the live shows anymore. I say that as a Patreon supporter.

(I'm a killjoy who needs to experience comedy in a vacuum. Crowds laughing at literally every joke no matter how lovely is like nails on a chalkboard!)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Crescendo posted:

I think it's amazing that the feed isn't polluted by the live shows anymore. I say that as a Patreon supporter.

(I'm a killjoy who needs to experience comedy in a vacuum. Crowds laughing at literally every joke no matter how lovely is like nails on a chalkboard!)

Same - too many live podcast recordings wind up with crowds that think that, because they can see the hosts, it's now an audience participation show. That said, when I finally did listen to the live eps I thought they were all really good.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Crescendo posted:

I don’t mind podcast live shows and I have no problems paying for podcasts but I will never sign up for a podcast Patreon unless there’s exclusive content so it’s good that they moved the live shows.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

278, two of the best bits ever: the plane crash kid and "the Wilt Chamberlain of podcast ejaculators".

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Perosnally I find it somewhat annoying needing two feeds. Live shows are so infrequent and you can just skip them if you don't like them... If you are doing it to add content to the patreon then go ahead. I just subscribed for that exact reason. Kind of surprised there are only 6 live eps on the feed, was expecting many more.

E: Wait maybe I'm doing this wrong? I have only six live eps and Jah's mix, but the last live show was in november of last year. Would have expected some from this year already?

Markovnikov fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 13, 2018

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Markovnikov posted:

Perosnally I find it somewhat annoying needing two feeds. Live shows are so infrequent and you can just skip them if you don't like them... If you are doing it to add content to the patreon then go ahead. I just subscribed for that exact reason. Kind of surprised there are only 6 live eps on the feed, was expecting many more.

E: Wait maybe I'm doing this wrong? I have only six live eps and Jah's mix, but the last live show was in november of last year. Would have expected some from this year already?

They haven't done any live shows yet this year IIRC.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Markovnikov posted:

Does your podcast app have smart playlists? I have one that’s just the regular and premium episodes merged chronologically and it automatically updates like normal. I sort of assumed anyone paying money for podcasts probably has one of the more advanced clients.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

inferis posted:

Does your podcast app have smart playlists? I have one that’s just the regular and premium episodes merged chronologically and it automatically updates like normal. I sort of assumed anyone paying money for podcasts probably has one of the more advanced clients.

Haven't checked to be honest, hah, but probably. It's not that big of a problem either way. Thanks for the tip!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Jonathan is live streaming himself on Instagram live at Seth’s dojo right now.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beastie posted:

Jonathan is live streaming himself on Instagram live at Seth’s dojo right now.

He also used Patreon's new Snapchat-esque feature to document him arriving at Seth's earlier, a fresh O.G. Cinnaholic in hand

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

On instagram he revealed Seth’s racist memorabilia and a Braille 1970s playboy

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Did he show the wacko jacko mask.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

lovely lovely beer, for people who are about to die.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Does anyone have a non-premium Stitcher link for the Up On This episode with the boys? I think it was number #265.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

96 spacejam posted:

Does anyone have a non-premium Stitcher link for the Up On This episode with the boys? I think it was number #265.

I listened on spotify. I have premium though, so take it as you will. It sucks.