Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

raditts posted:

(ProTip: you can dive down to grab and deposit eggs while the jetpack is deployed, which often becomes a game saver when you have to get eggs in with seconds left on the clock)

WHAT?! How?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

LPG Giant posted:

WHAT?! How?!

Hold the squid button.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Bleck posted:

My problem with Salmon Run is that nobody, nobody, throws grenades at Flyfish. Nobody!

I throw bombs at them, I just miss.

My peeve is people not going after the stingers.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

LPG Giant posted:

WHAT?! How?!

Leaf Lock posted:

Hold the squid button.

This also works in normal multiplayer battles. If someone's got a bead on you, drop down real quick to not get shot out of the sky.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should be able to dive with the baller too imo

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

salmon run really is the unsung hero of splatoon 2. it rocks

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

alf_pogs posted:

salmon run really is the unsung hero of splatoon 2. it rocks

I sing it's praises frequently!

But yeah, I've played more SR than everything else combined

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I can't wait for the gun I really like to get an alternate version that has a special weapon that isn't stupid garbage!

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Wow that SR weapon set was really good! Went to 700.

Boozler is MVP in that mode.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Hydra splatling and a sting ray meant the mother ship never even reached the basket lol

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• JP Unknown Biology vs. Advanced Technology @ April 21st 15:00 JT

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Waiting impatiently for update 3.0.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just noticed Off the Hooke has the octo expansion accessories on in that promo art. Wonder if they're gonna permanently change outfits when 3.0 comes out?

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

raditts posted:

you had two jetpack specials in round 3, why didn't you use them
(ProTip: you can dive down to grab and deposit eggs while the jetpack is deployed, which often becomes a game saver when you have to get eggs in with seconds left on the clock)

I blame alcohol for missed opportunities and squandered specials. I saw it the next day and :ughh: generally my problem is that I hoard them but am also not great at making the most of them. I'm aware that round 2 is the best time to use them so you might live to see a round 3. That's a great tip on picking up eggs with the jetpack; I knew you could squid with it but never thought of using it to retrieve eggs! I think I know all the tricks with the stingray and am pretty good with it. As for bomb rush, I'm great at throwing bombs in flyfish launchers, I just learned you can pop the steelhead bubble with it, and the only other trick I know is to use them to run out the timer if you're about to wipe in the final seconds. Splashdown I'm bad at. I tend to only use it when panicking, and neglect to check for flyfish missiles beforehand so I usually have a bad time. I probably need to get used to using it offensively. Salmon Run is by far my favorite mode but I could still learn a lot.

Edit: does jetpack exhaust insta-kill regular salmonids on the glowfly rounds? I've never considered using it to hover over the path and take pot shots at the goldies.

Big Nubbins fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 18, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm seriously tired of getting punished for someone on my team DC'ing in ranked mode.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

In Training posted:

I just noticed Off the Hooke has the octo expansion accessories on in that promo art. Wonder if they're gonna permanently change outfits when 3.0 comes out?

That would be great IMHO

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Don't crucify me, but is there any way to skip the Off the Hook announcements when turning the game on? I know they're short and inoffensive, but one of my favorite things about Splatoon is the ability to play a round really quickly. Everything else about the game and the Switch itself makes for a lightning fast experience (quick boot, quick load, able to jump into the lobby from the menu, quick match ups) but Off the Hook feels like speed calming that I really don't care about if I'm just gonna do whatever map they give me for turf war.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

No, unfortunately there is not.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I think the best thing you can do is leave the game open and sleep the console when you're done playing. If Splatoon is the next game you play, you'll already be in-game and past the intro. It doesn't help if you're switching between games, but it's something.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Shinmera posted:

No, fortunately there is not.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In all seriousness, I’d like to see them add the ability to skip. Hell, just take out rotations completely.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I've left it on in sleep mode before, but I like to jump to around a bit too; Spatoon will always be there for me. I don't mind the idea of rotating the maps and it feeds into the speed of the game since you don't need to worry about getting a map you hate out of a pool of 10 or worse, voting for the next map after each round.

Next question: is there a reward for beating the single player campaign? I'm in the fourth area now and plugging away at it, and just curious if it unlocks the Hero weapons or something once I get to the end.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

They may add a skip but 0% the map rotation ever goes away.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I've left it on in sleep mode before, but I like to jump to around a bit too; Spatoon will always be there for me. I don't mind the idea of rotating the maps and it feeds into the speed of the game since you don't need to worry about getting a map you hate out of a pool of 10 or worse, voting for the next map after each round.

Next question: is there a reward for beating the single player campaign? I'm in the fourth area now and plugging away at it, and just curious if it unlocks the Hero weapons or something once I get to the end.

Completing the campaign just gets you the hero gear to wear in multiplayer. But if you beat every level with a specific Hero Weapon, you'll unlock that weapon as a reskin in the shop.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 18, 2018

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Don't crucify me, but is there any way to skip the Off the Hook announcements when turning the game on? I know they're short and inoffensive, but one of my favorite things about Splatoon is the ability to play a round really quickly. Everything else about the game and the Switch itself makes for a lightning fast experience (quick boot, quick load, able to jump into the lobby from the menu, quick match ups) but Off the Hook feels like speed calming that I really don't care about if I'm just gonna do whatever map they give me for turf war.

Nope, not unless you sleep your console without exiting the game. Even then, you'll still have to deal with it if Salmon Run is going when you wake it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The intro would be 100% fine with me if you didn't have to push buttons to get through the dialogue.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LawfulWaffle posted:

You get Hero Replica clothes, IIRC.

The weapons are unlocked when you complete all levels with a single weapon. They're just reskins of existing weapons but they do look fresh.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The intro would be 100% fine with me if you didn't have to push buttons to get through the dialogue.

or just add the single button fastmo like with sheldon

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

They may add a skip but 0% the map rotation ever goes away.

Probably . Making it larger would be nice at least.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Bloop posted:

or just add the single button fastmo like with sheldon

You can already do that. The bottleneck is with Marina and her goddamn record scratches.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I do the record scratch motion along with her every time

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

In Training posted:

:same:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

:woomy:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A GAME INTO THE SLOT. IT’S SPLATOON 2 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, MARINA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN RECORD SCRATCH SOUNDS WHEN I SCRATCH OVER SOME TURNTABLE BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE OCEANS MOST DANGEROUS FISHYARD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE SPECIALS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY MIMICKING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A GAME INTO THE SLOT. IT’S SPLATOON 2 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, MARINA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN RECORD SCRATCH SOUNDS WHEN I SCRATCH OVER SOME TURNTABLE BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE OCEANS MOST DANGEROUS FISHYARD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE SPECIALS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY MIMICKING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

:same:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hit S+7 in TC this morning. My theory: 3.0 releases next Tuesday, so people acclimate to balance changes before the Friday (April 27th) rollout of Camp Triggerfish, along with 4 weapons for May. That weekend they announce the Rank X map selections, and the league begins Tuesday May 1st. God I can't wait. I can't stop playing this game lol. It's a sickness :woomy:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Finally got my first piece of fully scrubbed gear, the fake contacts of endless specials.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
C'mon Inkbrush buff. :pray:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Blank Construct posted:

It already got several buffs. What more could you possibly need?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Blank Construct posted:

Inkbrush is like Mercy in OW.

Didn't think they were OP, got nerfed to reality, complained, and buffed back to being only slightly OP, but still complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

It already got several buffs. What more could you possibly need?

Becoming a real weapon. It and Octobrush are still pretty awful.