Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Aerofallosov posted:

This Umasume is oddly adorable and has really grown on me. I feel so silly.

https://my.mixtape.moe/abvcdf.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the first two episodes of jushinki pandora have been subbed

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

tea shop anime continues to be good and great food.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I didn't know "terrible harem comedy, but with a female protagonist" was a genre that even existed, but Love To-lie-angle is that, and it's unbelievably bad.

And that's the manga! The anime takes that and cuts everything except three minutes of the protagonist stumbling in on girls naked and then getting hit by the tsundere girl. Over and over again.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
*a number of goons silently add this to their to watch lists*

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

DisDisDis posted:

Sometimes people are bored of quality and just want trash.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Alder posted:

tea shop anime continues to be good and great food.

It's lovely

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
which one's the tea shop anime?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I think it's Yotsuiro Biyori on crunchyroll, it's about a tea house run by four friends

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Ah, is this the fabled Cute Boys Doing Cute Things anime

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:hai: the soothing gentle warmth of good tea, four hot guys and a fat cat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

No need to add

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Sometimes it’s nice to watch shows about people being sincere and the societal rewards of positive communication or whatever.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Neeksy posted:

Sometimes it’s nice to watch shows about people being sincere and the societal rewards of positive communication or whatever.

:agreed:

My favorite anime are the sincere sappy ones

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Eela6 posted:

:agreed:

My favorite anime are the sincere sappy ones

May I reccomend that you watch both seasons of Encouragement of Climb (Yama no Susume) then, if you haven't already checked them out.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Last season but I'm finally catching up on some of the anime I put on my phone to watch and gosh... After the Rain was such a wonderful drama :unsmith: I'm not current with the manga so I don't know there's enough material for a second season but I sure hope it gets one

https://files.catbox.moe/23fsx6.webm
These two are so good

:3:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Ah, is this the fabled Cute Boys Doing Cute Things anime

it doesn't really feel like a cgdct show. i'd say go into expecting a relaxing atmosphere and the occasional nice bit of food, because the dialogue/characters were pretty forgettable. so it leans closer towards iyashikei?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Knorth posted:

Last season but I'm finally catching up on some of the anime I put on my phone to watch and gosh... After the Rain was such a wonderful drama :unsmith: I'm not current with the manga so I don't know there's enough material for a second season but I sure hope it gets one

https://files.catbox.moe/23fsx6.webm
These two are so good

Why is the chief from Patlabor out of uniform?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

I didn't know "terrible harem comedy, but with a female protagonist" was a genre that even existed, but Love To-lie-angle is that, and it's unbelievably bad.

And that's the manga! The anime takes that and cuts everything except three minutes of the protagonist stumbling in on girls naked and then getting hit by the tsundere girl. Over and over again.

Trashy love triangle series full of fan service know no sexuality.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

viewersexual

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

OddObserver posted:

Why is the chief from Patlabor out of uniform?

I was about to post this.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
after the rain is actually an author-insert patlabor AU fanfiction

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Not unreasonable tbh

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I am here to recommend goons to watch the remake of Captain Tsubasa if you like FUTBOL and Jojo shenanigans. Captain Tsubasa is ridiculous football (not full-blown fantasy football as Inazuma Eleven though) made even more ridiculous than the original thanks to David Pro's previous ventures animating Jojo. As someone who grew with the original show back in the 90s, the remake is doing things much better, and it's also a perfect starting point.

The show is licensed, as of this post there's three episodes available. Unfortunately, Viz is sitting on the license and doing nothing with it, so you'll have to resort to :filez: if you want to watch it.

https://twitter.com/SG_ESPN/status/986412556834271232

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a very good show but the fansubs are a bit dodgy so i do hope Viz does something with it at some point.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Julias posted:

May I reccomend that you watch both seasons of Encouragement of Climb (Yama no Susume) then, if you haven't already checked them out.

Never heard of it! I'll check it out.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The first season is 3-minute eps so it won't take you long :v:.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I am definitely loving Capt Tsubasa 2018, even if the subs are sometimes a bit off. It's wonderful

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
There's a terrifying amount of stuff airing this season that looks really interesting to me, please help me narrow it down at least a little bit from this list

- Golden Kamuy
- Hinamatsuri
- Hisone to Maso-san
- Lupin III Pt. 5
- Megalo Box
- SAO Alternative

What from that list looks skippable to you guys

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

There's a terrifying amount of stuff airing this season that looks really interesting to me, please help me narrow it down at least a little bit from this list

- Golden Kamuy
- Hinamatsuri
- Hisone to Maso-san
- Lupin III Pt. 5
- Megalo Box
- SAO Alternative

Depends what you want out of an anime, honestly.

Megalo Box is the biggest must on that list, I'd say.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Jenny Angel posted:

- Hinamatsuri
- Megalo Box

:hai:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I still need to begin Hinamatsuri and GGO.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

- Golden Kamuy
- Hinamatsuri
- Hisone to Maso-san
- Lupin III Pt. 5
- Megalo Box
- SAO Alternative

GK I think you might be safer with sticking with the manga, the production seems a bit rough but the source material is good
I just finished watching Hinamatsuris two eps and its definitely caught my attention, and its got a good sense of comedic timing to help justify watching it
Megalobox has been great
no comment on the rest

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Jenny Angel posted:

- Golden Kamuy
- Hinamatsuri
- Hisone to Maso-san
- Lupin III Pt. 5
- Megalo Box
- SAO Alternative

skip SAO, always

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ignis posted:

skip SAO, always

Nice meme answer

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alternative has no real creative or narrative overlap with SAO besides the setting.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Flip Flappers is one of my favorite animes of all time and my understanding is that SAO Alternative shares a meaningful amount of production staff with it, so don't even try to cross that one off my list. Obviously I'm watching it

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Jenny Angel posted:

Flip Flappers is one of my favorite animes of all time and my understanding is that SAO Alternative shares a meaningful amount of production staff with it, so don't even try to cross that one off my list. Obviously I'm watching it

tbh both flip flappers and princess principal both started off strong and promising but petered off really hard so that's not entirely a healthy endorsement imo but i know that's the unpopular opinion on this forum

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i love flip flappers and pripri but none of the three share key staff they're just made at the same studio

and unlike flip flap and pripri, sao is an adaptation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

has the same character designer as pripri but yeah.

• Locked thread