Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Your face is a prison arc!

Oh yah, well, guess what I am also Diaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

At this point, Ollie just needs to get out of Star City for a while. Maybe do some globetrotting

Next year on Arrow: How many different countries can the Greater Vancouver Area and Lower Mainland pass for?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Next year on Arrow: How many different countries can the Greater Vancouver Area and Lower Mainland pass for?

Well It passed for 4 different galaxies worth of planets on Stargate so I think they'll be fine.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I could see enjoying an Arrow prison arch but it would be a lot of the same stuff a lot of you folks hate about the show. A villain inside the prison and a mastermind villain outside pulling strings. Felicity and Co agonizing and trying to free Oliver. Diggle or someone in the hood temporarily knowing it goes back to Oliver when he gets out. Lots of nonsensical villain cameos in prison. I can see digging it but I enjoy this show more than most. I think the thread would hate it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
arrow bad. could be made good? will not by prison.

well, that's my hot take everyone, I'd like my latte with coconut milk now

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

You know that Diaz has truly won because they put a dragon on the opening logo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

You know that Diaz has truly won because they put a dragon on the opening logo.

Wait really? I missed that. Side note: I really like how they changed the title now that everyone's gone.

VVV: ohhh you mean tonight's. I'm like an hour behind so I hadn't seen it yet

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 20, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, they replaced the arrow with a dragon.
https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/987133752680812550

I'm enjoying this episode because they're giving Acevedo something to do finally, evil Laurel snarking over everything, and that John Wick-esque fight scene.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 20, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

They should have done this episode earlier in the season.

howe_sam posted:

I'm enjoying this episode because they're giving Acevedo something to do finally, evil Laurel snarking over everything, and that John Wick-esque fight scene.

Evil Laurel is real good.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Yeah, they replaced the arrow with a dragon.
https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/987133752680812550

I had this exact same thought. It was like CW budget John Wick and Kirk Acevedo owns. I'd watch a show with him as the lead.\\\

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Well It passed for 4 different galaxies worth of planets on Stargate so I think they'll be fine.

This is a real good post

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 20, 2018

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I had been really down on Diaz, but knowing that he's just a scrappy gangster with a sad backstory with a name who met enough powerful people to think he can hang with them, and managed to outlast Arrow killing them...That's actually not bad.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Decent episode overall, but if they're gonna try to paint Diaz as some kind of 5th dimension chess player who's always one step ahead then maybe don't have him needlessly cock his gun over and over to try and make him look like a tactical badass.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oliver, hoss, next time you survive a giant rear end explosion, CALL YOUR WIFE AND LET HER KNOW YOU'RE ALIVE!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
This was one of the better episodes of the season and it should've happened like seven episodes ago.

You know, like AoS did with this season's villain.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They should have done this episode earlier in the season.

As soon as he was revealed, he should've gotten this episode.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I did laugh when Curtis tried to guilt Felicity for Oliver putting Rene in the hospital after Rene was the one who, you know, shot Felicity that same night.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Oliver, hoss, next time you survive a giant rear end explosion, CALL YOUR WIFE AND LET HER KNOW YOU'RE ALIVE!

Read this in Rene's voice

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

hamsystem posted:

Decent episode overall, but if they're gonna try to paint Diaz as some kind of 5th dimension chess player who's always one step ahead then maybe don't have him needlessly cock his gun over and over to try and make him look like a tactical badass.

I liked when he cocked his gun outside and then went inside and cocked it again without firing a shot.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

I liked when he cocked his gun outside and then went inside and cocked it again without firing a shot.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

That, and when he fires like 4 shots, does a mag change, and racks it again. I know I'm being gun spergy but it made me eyeroll a little.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don’t film scenes like that in sequence. That’s what was so refreshing about John Wick.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ApeHawk posted:

I did laugh when Curtis tried to guilt Felicity for Oliver putting Rene in the hospital after Rene was the one who, you know, shot Felicity that same night.

Curtis was super douchey during the whole exchange and actually super douchey the whole season

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Also Curtis disabled Diggle's surgical implant crippling him and putting him in immense pain but Felicity is the bad guy

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with anything or whatever, but I just caught wind through the grapevine that the Diaz guy everyone's been memeing about was revealed to be Richard Dragon?

Is that right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, it was announced that way when he was cast back in the summer.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oh so it's like an "in name only" reference that's played no actual part in anything because I have seen no mention of it at all this entire year? Like the only thing I ever hear about him is that he's a tactical drug dealer that Ollie has to fight and not that he's, y'know, Richard friggin' Dragon (who's actually a good guy in the comics so...lol?)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The New 52 Richard Dragon is a villain who killed the actual Richard Dragon, who trained him. His name is also really Ricardo Diaz (Jr.)

His drug kingpin father was killed by Diggle posing as Green Arrow at the time, but since they just did that with Prometheus they left it out of the adaptation.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Lol, the New 52

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

New 52 Green Arrow was one of the good ones.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

New 52 Green Arrow was one of the good ones.

No it wasn't! It's poo poo until like #19 or whenever Lemire takes over for all of a year and a half and then it's poo poo immediately after!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

No it wasn't! It's poo poo until like #19 or whenever Lemire takes over for all of a year and a half and then it's poo poo immediately after!

That's still New 52!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

That's still New 52!

Out of the 52 issues there's only 17 good ones! You're over-generalizing!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

All comics are bad.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

All comics are bad.

This but everything else, too.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

KTS posted:

No love for "Elected officials cannot fire the very law enforcement personnel investigating them. To do so is the very definition of obstruction of justice"?
Arrowverse writers have been great throwing this sort of stuff around and I laugh every time
I hate it every time they do this. It's so incredibly blatant it's like they stop the show to have the characters turn to the camera and say "Donald Trump is bad. Do you get it? We're making a political statement! About Donald Trump. Did you catch it? OK, back to the show!"

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Legends of Tomorrow takes plenty of shots at Trump, but they're all loving hilarious.

Make America Grodd Again, an epic cheesy line about Obamacare, and the idea that the very worst timeline... still has Trump as President.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

Legends of Tomorrow takes plenty of shots at Trump, but they're all loving hilarious.

Make America Grodd Again, an epic cheesy line about Obamacare, and the idea that the very worst timeline... still has Trump as President.

Nope, those were all awful. Every Arrowverse show has done it and it's terrible every time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"Run Barry Run" was an awesome joke :colbert:

Tiggum posted:

I hate it every time they do this. It's so incredibly blatant it's like they stop the show to have the characters turn to the camera and say "Donald Trump is bad. Do you get it? We're making a political statement! About Donald Trump. Did you catch it? OK, back to the show!"

It was funny to me because until they said the line I had completely missed the connection since Oliver was totally right to fire people on the payroll of a drug lord.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

howe_sam posted:

"Run Barry Run" was an awesome joke :colbert:
Yes, it was. That wasn't a political statement though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The only reason Obama ran for public office was because Ray told him to feels perfectly on brand for Legends.