Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I look forward to t3 requiring mega bios which are only available in blind boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Pretty sure all the T3 materials will be coming from WBU, which if they do it right is a good incentive to fully build out a variety of characters to stupid power levels as WBU 3-5 get really drat hard pretty quick. And they might even make them harder or change them up so who knows.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cinara posted:

Pretty sure all the T3 materials will be coming from WBU, which if they do it right is a good incentive to fully build out a variety of characters to stupid power levels as WBU 3-5 get really drat hard pretty quick. And they might even make them harder or change them up so who knows.

If that's the case this whole thing is going to be a big wet fart for me since I can only beat about half the Phase 1 bosses and haven't beat a single Phase 2 in weeks of plugging away.

Like, that would be a massive bummer if you're right.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I beat the default WBU phase once, saw the crappy rewards, then never touched it again. I was hoping it was something epeen I could ignore, like ABX scores past 100k and shadowlands king of the hill. I guess I should check it out some more.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

If that's the case this whole thing is going to be a big wet fart for me since I can only beat about half the Phase 1 bosses and haven't beat a single Phase 2 in weeks of plugging away.

Like, that would be a massive bummer if you're right.

I mean if you're still working on a lot of the core T2s then T3s SHOULD be hard to get for you, in the same way that T2s were hard to get back when they first came out. But if you can clear the phase 1 bosses then you should be able to start working at them and building better teams to take them on.

Eventually though I am sure they will start giving away free T3 tickets or something, it will just take a while.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

I beat the default WBU phase once, saw the crappy rewards, then never touched it again. I was hoping it was something epeen I could ignore, like ABX scores past 100k and shadowlands king of the hill. I guess I should check it out some more.

I've just been trying to get the First Clear Rewards basically, but I've only got half a dozen of those or something like that. I just finally beat Proxima last night with 3 seconds left after trying a bunch of different strategies. I don't bother doing the 5/5 on the ones I can clear because, yeah, the rewards just don't seem worth the hassle. But I guess if there's some exclusive T3 material in there I'll begrudgingly work it into my daily routine and just plug away at it like I once did with World Boss and Shadowland.

Cinara posted:

I mean if you're still working on a lot of the core T2s then T3s SHOULD be hard to get for you, in the same way that T2s were hard to get back when they first came out. But if you can clear the phase 1 bosses then you should be able to start working at them and building better teams to take them on.

Eventually though I am sure they will start giving away free T3 tickets or something, it will just take a while.

Well I've got like 40 T2s and Shadowland's basically a lock each week as long as I save Quicksilver and Jean for 27 and 29. Maybe I'm not "there yet" and I totally hear you. Challenge and things to build to is part of the fun. And I've only just recently mastered Shadowland.

But that's also kind of my point about "expectations" on this update. If the Infinity War update is something that only the really advanced players can get something from... well that's great for you guys but it sucks for everyone else for a big, much anticipated update. That's all I'm saying. I get why T3s and WBU are appealing to you folks who are maxed out. But what you're describing sounds like an update exclusively benefiting one type of player and that's a major disappointment in my book.

But its all speculative and maybe there will be something else in there or something. My thought awhile back was an Infinity War Epic Mission that dealt out costumes instead of characters. That would be a very good compromise in my book.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Okay I just installed the game and think it's reasonably clear I'm gonna keep playing it. Gonna apply to an Alliance (Marble Hebrons, I guess?) as Spintrick.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

onefish posted:

Okay I just installed the game and think it's reasonably clear I'm gonna keep playing it. Gonna apply to an Alliance (Marble Hebrons, I guess?) as Spintrick.

Come on down!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope we get a movie Wanda with this update.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Same.

Movie Wanda
Blonde Widow
Bearded Cap
Movie Black Order
Maybe a new Iron Man?
We got Hulk and Thor at Ragnarok but maybe new ones?
Another new Thanos?

No one else strikes me as important enough or changed enough to need/get a costume. Maybe Hawkeye since he's an OG Avenger but its been mysterious what his role in Infinity War is. The others seem either recent enough (Guardians, BP crew, Strange) or minor/unchanged (Winter Soldier, Falcon, Vision).

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think Spider-Man is a lock even though he just got the homecoming outfit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, yeah, I guess. A movie one that isn't pajamas makes sense despite the recency.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The Dave posted:

I think Spider-Man is a lock even though he just got the homecoming outfit.

I am ready for the mcu equivalent of the iron spider.

Also, is it even a marvel game if iron Man and Spider-Man aren't in a race to see who can have the most costumes?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, Hulk is the only one of those I am not sure about, the rest all seem near 100% chance. Thor with the eyepatch and new weapons is quite a bit different, same with Thanos' new look. Have not seen enough of Iron Man to say for sure but I would just assume he gets one anyways.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Don't sleep on a potential Hulkbuster one too.

If netmarble wanted they could include Death as a new character just to call back the comic storylines but maybe Marvel would poo poo going off script at all with A4 content.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea if they're adding new characters, they'll probably be people from the classic Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade or Infinity comics. Everyone get ready for Pip the Troll!

I joke, but I know at least 2 people that would be cool with that.

But yea, I figure we'll see mostly new costumes.

I am probably just going to use it on one of the selector only characters, and its mostly between Shuri, Satana and Scourge, as they're all ready to be made t2.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

pip the troll is pretty likely, isnt that who dinklage is supposed to be playing in the movie? thedink costume will sell like crazy

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Have resource question for y’all. I have the following dudes ready to T2:

Iron First (uni)
Red Hulk (uni)
Venom
Crystal
Black Widow
Elsa (uni)
Kraven
Shuri
Satana (uni)

I’ve got about 4800 chaos Norns, but I’ve been hesitant to spend them because I wasn’t sure what Infinity War would bring with the BO (I have all of them at one star right now). I’m just wondering if any of the above are so good with T2 that it’s worth the resource cost now.

For reference, I have 26 T2 dudes and can clear into the low 20’s in Shadowlands without issue weekly.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Iron Fist, Red Hulk and Elsa are hugely improved at T2. I know that from experience. Like, massively improved.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

T2 Shuri without the uniform held her own unscratched on SL stage 26 (Dormammu & pals) though she had Spider-Man and Dr. Strange running interference for her. She seemed to do about as much damage as my Wolverine and Quicksilver do in the same slot, maybe more since I finished each set with 15 seconds to spare.

I use T2 Elsa for the first SL level each week, and T2 Iron Fist for a combat one in the first five. Solo unless it's a rumble, where I add in Cap and Moon Knight. I also used both for my first few hundred world boss kills along with Sharon Rogers. They were my first 3 T2s last summer.

Satana is good enough at T1 with her uni, T2 is probably overkill.

Red Hulk used to be good with the uni though power creep has probably overtaken him. His uni also makes him a hero rather than a villain? That said mine is only T1 without uni so I haven't done much with him.

Crystal is great at T1 in blast rumbles, she should be able to solo an early or mid blast level if you T2 her.

I hear Kraven is really good, mine is just team filler at T1 currently.

Venom and Black Widow are okay at T2, I only add them to rumbles or to dance around the enemy a bit while the veteran regen heals up my main character. I haven't had much luck with them solo though they are cheap enough to T2 since the cost reduction patch for story chars. They are a bit more survivable than terrible chars like Angela, but not quite good enough to carry the level themselves. At least on my roster.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Robbie Reyes kicks a boatload of rear end on any stage I throw him on, though admittedly I'm still in the early areas of sl since my end game roster isn't quite there yet, only as high as 8 or so. I'm finding use for Ultron as filler as well, usually letting him puke up extra bodies to distract away from my team in rumbles.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Alright got my max Mastery Metroid Sharon, Agent Venom, and Robbie Reyes.

Still gonna work on the final mastery for Angela even though I'm finding she kind of sucks and then I guess after that Songbird to max rank????

Deffo need to find one or two Speed Characters. I have a max rank Sin but meh she's not a Spider so it's just a race to push as many skills as possible before she explodes.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Current Hobo-Spiderman is very good, and I can only imagine that his new costume if he gets one will be even better, plus he is easy to farm. Quicksilver is the go to top speed character but as a new player will take a while to get. Elsa is good with her newest costume and T2 but isn't great in any of the PvP modes anymore, still great in Shadowlands though.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Wondering why they are trying to throw so many Cap. America bios at us? I hope it isn't something stupid for T3 like you need a thousand Cap bios. I already have like 500 anyways.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It would be a safe assumption for t3 to require bios, but Cap is also getting a new uniform for sure so they could be handing out bios for that reason similar to the Black Panther update.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Does the t2 selector also make them full mastery and full gear level? If so, I might change my mind from Shuri.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Yeah it does

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

twistedmentat posted:

Does the t2 selector also make them full mastery and full gear level? If so, I might change my mind from Shuri.

Yeah I took a guy from 2 stars, no mastery, no gear upgrades.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The sad thing Is that no one I wanted to level was really low, everyone I haven't t2'd that I give a poo poo about is at least 6* with full mastery, that I could use the selector on. The only character I would have used it on that i couldn't was Clea, so in the end, I still used it on Shuri.

If WBU is going to be more important in the future, I'll need to gear by characters up much better, but outside of slapping Urus on them and making sure all the ISOs are red 7*s, I can't think of anything else. And considering how much I poured into Wolverine, and he can barely get the weakest WBUs down past 75% health, I'm not sure what i can do.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I ended up using the selector on Medusa even though I had her at 60 and 6* mastery. I didn't have her gears worked up so I saved those bios and she's supposed to be good and was on my short list to work on. So whatever.

I did WBU 5 times yesterday to try and work it into my routine. I'll try again tonight. It helps that I realized you can just use the same team 5 times so I don't have to divide up the power like in World Boss. I can just find the best team to win and spam it. I don't know how hard that will be with each day but I'll see.

I did get one 6* iso with 3 awakened. So it wasn't entirely pointless.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im freaking the heck out posted:

Wondering why they are trying to throw so many Cap. America bios at us? I hope it isn't something stupid for T3 like you need a thousand Cap bios. I already have like 500 anyways.

its very easy to get 1000 bios for someone nowadays so i kinda hope it is this

would be real poo poo for t3ing paywalls tho

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

We got some leaked, chinese-translated patch notes floating around.

quote:

With 4.0 update screenshots being leaked, i will try to translate the Chinese post as much as i can. First start with the uniform and then to T3 information and more.

Captain America : 45% chance when attacked, 100% immune to all damage(3 sec, cooldown 20s)

Iron man : Generate shield upto max 100% hp, recover 3%hp shield every one sec, absorb normal shield 50%i dont get this part. When attacked, gain super armour, all defense +5%.

Spiderman : Apply to self, dodge rate +25%. 35% chance when attacking, All attack +10%, All speed +10%, crit rate +10%

Black Widow : When dodge, apply to self, crit rate +20%, crit dam +20%, dodge +10%

Thor : All damage received reduce by 10%

Groot : Apply to self, dodge rate +15%, ignore defense +15%

Winter Solider : Super armour, All defense +5%

THANOS : Reduce all damage received by 20%, uniform bonus remain the same as the previous one

Proxima Midnight : Improve T2 passive to 50% chance to penetrate shield, barrier & immune effect. Add effect on passive, All defense -5% (max stack to 35%)

Corvus Glaive : Physical attack +15%, Damage dealt to super hero increase by 30%

T3 AND OTHER INFO

Increase Level Cap to 70, T3 grants new active skill.
NEW KEYWORD : Potential direct translate from Chinese "Potential" can be used to further improve the stats of T2 characters . (Only Captain America, Iron man, Black Widow, Thor, Spiderman, Groot, Winter Solider, Dr Strange, Proxima Midnight, Corvus Glaive, Thanos can be upgraded for now)

Combine the current World Boss and World Boss Ultimate Mode, the first time clear reward will be deleted after the update. There will be extra stat bonus given depends on your World Boss clear time, difficulty record and also the amount of T2s one have.

There will be 4 new materials in the new World Boss mode in Ultimate difficulty.

Potential points of a character can be gained by defeating World Boss using that specific character

There are six levels of "Potential" each requires BAM, Chaos Stones and Cosmic Cube Fragment(new material) to level up, there is a chance to fail in upgrade

All Characters need to CONSUME BIOMETRICS to advance from LV.60 to LV.70

There are new materials to further upgrade gears.

There is one new card given from cinematic battle

Bolded the most important part to me. That is the worst poo poo and is the reason I have no one with uru's above 5.

Also note that yeah you need bios to T3.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Aren't level 70 characters going to kind of break timeline fights? Although that doesn't sound too bad at the moment considering the meta is just a mixture of only about 7 or 8 characters.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Native T3s are on the table now. Maybe Deadpool will be the first with his movie. Doom and Surfer. Sentry is basically Superman right? And obviously, Stiltman.

Guess I'd better work on Groot, Winter Soldier and Corvus next. Was Netmarbu faster at giving people their T2 updates than Gaz was with their Marvel Heroes 52 reviews?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

We got some leaked, chinese-translated patch notes floating around.

Bolded the most important part to me. That is the worst poo poo and is the reason I have no one with uru's above 5.

Also note that yeah you need bios to T3.

Yea, super not excited about that, but apparently you can spend enough materials to make it a 100% chance? Netmarble also posted a news post ensuring us that these leaks were not final, but I'd assume they are drat close.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I mean it's not like they have a tree of 32 different buttons to tune here

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Well, kinda what I thought. Definitely could have been worse, 6000 crystals for T3 or some bullshit.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The biggest issue with the leaks I see really is that the new level cap of 70 comes with new higher level gear, that takes more bios to rank up. Going from 15-20 already took an insane number of bios, and if the costs keep scaling you could be looking at more than entire month of bio sub for any of the paywalls.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The first-clear rewards are going away in WBU so you should grab whatever ones you can, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zokari posted:

The first-clear rewards are going away in WBU so you should grab whatever ones you can, I guess.

Yeah, that's kind of a bummer since I've been plugging away the last few weeks to try and grab them. I mean, I guess I'm not "losing" anything and I'll wait to see what the new World Boss is like. Maybe you can grab better rewards from better levels that is way better than 1 time first clear rewards. But I'm sad I won't be able to collect that stuff.

Ah well. Maybe I'll farm some of those people and stack up bios for now.