Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

RandallODim posted:

Ughhhh of course I'm the one joyless nerd who is bothered by the surprise (Y6 spoiler) because it just completely undercuts unlocking him in the game proper.

And I’m the “just happy to be there” nerd because the fight looks dope as gently caress regardless. I mean yeah, kinda makes it meaningless to do, but it’s now unlocked by more sensible means nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
The fight with that guy in Y6 is the worst fight with him in the series. :colbert:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm going to start Kiwami today

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Kiwami 2 has the quickest turnaround for the whole series in terms of time between Japanese and English release. Only Yakuza 1 and Yakuza Dead Souls come close.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

From doing the survey, I feel the localization of Fist of the North Star is pretty much ready to go and they are trying to figure out when to release it in the West. The rest of the year is pretty much stacked with huge releases but early next year might be bit of a wait. I guess it still is a niche title that it shouldn't matter when it drops here.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/TriggerRedd/status/986672352577470464

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I wonder what % of responses obviously just clicked through the rest of the survey to ask for Fist of Yakuza. :lol:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I wonder if we will get an announcement before E3 since it's pretty much obvi now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That sounds pretty promising

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Brace for impact motherfuckers I'm ready to fist every star, North or otherwise

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Im still hoping for The YAKUZA: LAST BATTLE /RENEGADE localization

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Hell yes.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Saoshyant posted:

Sega put out a survey to gauge the reactions for Yakuza 6. Here's the thing, though: they also put a question asking if people would be willing to buy the Fist of North Star game. If you are, then you should answer the survey ASAP if you want to give its possible localization a chance.

I didn't actually see the FotNS question but I still filled out this sucker and am glad I did

This series has been a terrific surprise in the last few months; I finally bought a PS4 specifically to play 0 at the end of last year.

RandallODim posted:

Ughhhh of course I'm the one joyless nerd who is bothered by the surprise (Y6 spoiler) because it just completely undercuts unlocking him in the game proper.

I'm really new to this series but isn't this a running thing in pretty much all of the games though? Like after playing 0 and Kiwami I pretty much expected such a thing.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

mp5 posted:

I didn't actually see the FotNS question but I still filled out this sucker and am glad I did

This series has been a terrific surprise in the last few months; I finally bought a PS4 specifically to play 0 at the end of last year.

I'm really new to this series but isn't this a running thing in pretty much all of the games though? Like after playing 0 and Kiwami I pretty much expected such a thing.

They removed the FOTNS question because they got "a big enough sample size" which is hopefully code for holy poo poo ok we get it you all want the game

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I have to imagine they must be pleased with the response to the most recent Yakuza titles. This has been the highest profile the series has had.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Morby posted:

I have to imagine they must be pleased with the response to the most recent Yakuza titles. This has been the highest profile the series has had.

It's amazing what can happen when you actually let an audience know that a game exists!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

mp5 posted:

Sorta. From my understanding, the fight in question typically has some stupid good item in some form. The issue faced here is that the thing in 6 can be obtained without doing the fight.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It's not the exact same thing.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Besides by the time you're strong enough to do that kind of content in games like this, there's no other challenge to overcome with it so doing it is its own reward

people playing FF7 don't kill Ruby Weapon for the Chocobo you get, they do it because it's there

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Housh posted:

I wonder if we will get an announcement before E3 since it's pretty much obvi now.

It got a TV advertisement in Japan, which means it’s fairly high profile, and that bodes for an E3 presentation space. Because at the end of the day, Fist of the North Star is still more obscure than Dragon Ball Z and Yakuza isn’t exactly GTA.

And I’d imagine they’re still working on the translation, the full title only came out in January/February. I think they’re just much more familiar with the tools so they can crank them out quicker, or getting started earlier.

We’re getting Kiwami 2 in summer, let’s hope for Yakuza of the North Star early 2019. That’s my guess.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
They asked how often I'd be down with new Yakuza

My answer was as often as possible and "oh god I need it in my veins"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I wrote "I'll keep buying them if you keep localizing them" in those things.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
i wrote "Please Ishin next" in them

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
That reminds me that Ishin's price went way up a while back :(

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
i'm planning on looking for it at recycle shops this summer

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

mikeycp posted:

i'm planning on looking for it at recycle shops this summer

Where the hell do you live that you can find cool poo poo like Japanese imports?

Also: walking into work tonight, I saw
Yakuza 6 is in the Target ad. It made me happy to see it treated like a more high-profile game.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I will be looking in Japan for it

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

drat. I wish I had the time/money to travel to Japan, but I have school and summer classes...

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yakuza mania sweeping the planet. Even the technology section of MSN/Newsweek has a guide to the Clan creator and the codes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/e2-80-98yakuza-6-e2-80-99-clan-creator-guide/ar-AAw2dv2

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yakuza......is cool.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I still need to find a copy of Dead Souls so I can own all of the NA-released Yakuza games...

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

Yakuza mania sweeping the planet. Even the technology section of MSN/Newsweek has a guide to the Clan creator and the codes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/e2-80-98yakuza-6-e2-80-99-clan-creator-guide/ar-AAw2dv2

... wait they have loving SHIBATA as a clansman?! The gently caress, how much did they shove into the Clan Creator?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm not sure how you're supposed to beat Jo Amon the right way but it turns out spamming that long distance dragon heat move did the trick alright.

Seriously he killed me once because if I touched him normally I'd get blown up. What even was that fight?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm not sure how you're supposed to beat Jo Amon the right way but it turns out spamming that long distance dragon heat move did the trick alright.

Seriously he killed me once because if I touched him normally I'd get blown up. What even was that fight?

Oh, you're supposed to grab one of the exploding Roombas and beat him over the face with it. That should drop his shield.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Alternately the shield is on an extended timer.

I wish the Amon fights felt like meaningful tests of skill and not a cavalcade of increasingly bullshit mechanics.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

widespread posted:

... wait they have loving SHIBATA as a clansman?! The gently caress, how much did they shove into the Clan Creator?

there's a lot of NJPW guys included that don't have models and just appear as muscled suits w/ lucha masks. the main 6 are the ones actually depicted beyond a portrait icon

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The one major thing I can criticise 6 for is that it's an absolute crime that they didn't include the NJPW finishers as heat moves, especially since they can use them on you in their respective fights so they're already in the game and look awesome

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SpacePig posted:

It's amazing what can happen when you actually let an audience know that a game exists!

To be fair it's a lot easier and cheaper to market games now than it was in 2006 because you can just let social media do all the hard work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

History Comes Inside! posted:

It's not the exact same thing.

It's sad that this legitimately makes me feel less bothered. Oh well! Can't wait to play all of HgG with the Kiryu skin on because yeah, I and all the other folks who don't even have 6 yet can also still want that, Sega.