Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Picked up the Ant-Man/Stinger twopack at TRU tonight. Strangely enough since they started the going out of business sale, I haven't had trouble finding the TRU exclusive sets, even the Hydra one I thought I'd missed out on.

I've really enjoyed the last couple of Ant-Man books so I am glad to have a proper Scott Lang Ant-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Picked up the Ant-Man/Stinger twopack at TRU tonight. Strangely enough since they started the going out of business sale, I haven't had trouble finding the TRU exclusive sets, even the Hydra one I thought I'd missed out on.

I've really enjoyed the last couple of Ant-Man books so I am glad to have a proper Scott Lang Ant-Man.

How much was it? I really want that Ant-Man, but don't care about Stinger.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

A girl I worked with at the time called CPS over the Lady Rainicorn family.

Do you have a link to that story?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

Do you have a link to that story?

Long story very short.

A horrible post teen couple shopped at my store. They named their child LADY RAINICORN. They were not good parents. My coworker called CPS after figuring out their names via FB. The child was later taken away from them and they didn't fight to get her back, they just had another one and gave it another stupid Adventure Time Louie Stephanie Patricia (LSP or Lumpy Space Princess). The last time I saw them they were saying the first child had been adopted and the state had legally changed her name.

Edit: The child was not taken away because of the stupid name but it's how I usually tell the story.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I love AT, but why on earth would anyone name their children after those characters? At the very least, pull from a normal character name like Finn or Jake so it's more subtle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They are two very broken young people who found each via a mutual love of the show. I doubt they had anything else in common.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

How much was it? I really want that Ant-Man, but don't care about Stinger.

35 bux. My TRU is still at 10% off.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My TRU got a big warehouse shipment and had the Scarlet Witch/Vision and Ant-Man packs locked up in the games section. Too bad the sale percentages haven’t changed at all :shrug:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Checked the TRU I work at today and nothing new from the truck outside of more of the same poo poo that never sells like Force Armor from Star Wars or Playmations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

Checked the TRU I work at today and nothing new from the truck outside of more of the same poo poo that never sells like Force Armor from Star Wars or Playmations.

Did you guys put the Disney Infinity stuff back to full price?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Did you guys put the Disney Infinity stuff back to full price?

What Infinity, all we have left is the base game for months.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

What Infinity, all we have left is the base game for months.

Yeah, they're still loaded locally.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I can't decide if I want 2-pack Ant-Man or the upcoming smug Paul Rudd MCU Ant-Man for my display, which is all comic-style figures plus Jessica Jones, who fits well enough.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why not both?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, they're still loaded locally.

Do they still have the Finding Dory playset for a few bucks? I was going to buy it at work but it got thrown into reshop and got bought. Also do want to get the two pack which I doubt will come here.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

I only ever have one version of each Marvel character I like -- a personal favorite version.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

Do they still have the Finding Dory playset for a few bucks? I was going to buy it at work but it got thrown into reshop and got bought. Also do want to get the two pack which I doubt will come here.

I haven't been back to check, might be in the area tomorrow.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Toys R Us is still getting new stock and hasn't discounted past ten percent. Are we sure they're actually closing? What if this was all just a big marketing ploy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Toys R Us is still getting new stock and hasn't discounted past ten percent. Are we sure they're actually closing? What if this was all just a big marketing ploy?

Maybe that GoFundMe worked?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I remember seeing a recent article that someone is actually looking into buying them all up.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/business/billionaire-submits-bid-save-toys/tx7hHT8bFqLUB4kyuVIQmI/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was only looking to buy 200 (of 750 or so) and the Canadian operations.

They rejected his bid today anyway.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They won’t lower the liquidation prices until they’ve emptied their warehouses. And apparently there is a lot still there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some employee will be lost for 3 days in there then be found with 1000 crates of the X-Men Legends Puck wave.

He'll refuse to speak of the things he saw over that missing time.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alright, now that I figured out how to work with this thing, here's a different set.

Like the Sigourney Weaver sculpt, the Tom Holland head looks incredible in person but is super weird to get right on camera. I think I got it though.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

head big. still look not like tom.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Head not big.

Hot toy just silly for not making no poo poo neck.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
It looks pretty :krad: and you did a great job with your expensive toy.

:bravo:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m sorry for wasting your time in the action figure Thread.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I thought they were cool :shobon:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I don't think he was being sarcastic. Those are some cool pictures.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

In the Age Of Irony it is difficult to tell, but the emotes definitely smack of sarcasm imo even if that wasn't the intention.

Also CP that might be it, the lack of neck definitely doesn't help. Good pictures though.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Open Marriage Night posted:

I don't think he was being sarcastic. Those are some cool pictures.

Yeah I was being serious! The pics are good.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
really great pictures! God I want it now!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Nice pictures, though as usual, I despise the over saturated colored lighting. It's like playing a late 90s FPS. :smug:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cakefarts Carol posted:

Also CP that might be it, the lack of neck definitely doesn't help.

I wonder if anyone's tried anything besides ripping off the neck. I wonder if there's a way to make a neck sleeve or something?

Neck sleeve sounds so weird.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Did anyone else see the prototype of the hot toys Spidey figure they showed at some cons last year? There was a separate removable neck piece and it looked absolutely horrid. There was a big gap where the neck meets the torso. Everyone complained and they changed it to the design we got, which imo is the better option. Not screen accurate and looks a bit wonky with the Holland head but drat it looks good with the masked head.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think that was the Amazing Spider-Man 2 one, it has the head that you can remove from the collar and replace it with a head with a unmasked neck. It does look wonky.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Is anybody selling cases of the apocalypse wave yet?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The prototype of Homecoming Spidey definitely had it too. It had a head and a separate neck piece so there were actually weird gaps both at the head and at the shoulders. Check out 3:25 of this nerd’s video: https://youtu.be/TW2KdHUQYTM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

I think that was the Amazing Spider-Man 2 one, it has the head that you can remove from the collar and replace it with a head with a unmasked neck. It does look wonky.

ASM2 Spidey had no unmasked sculpt.