Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

solution is literally just to not have draconian rates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think there's value to there being free-to-most-people games that get supported for a long time, but there's no denying that it's floated by whales, disposable income or not, and I dunno if even mercy systems or sparks can really negate that as long as you're still operating on a "pay to get random drops" system.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm the sort of person with way too much disposable income, and the thing that prevents me from spending a cent on the game is the lack of pity timers or anything. The idea of spending $500 for an extremely realistic chance of getting effectively absolutely nothing is too much, even for me.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Everything there is correct.

I still love F/GO. I'm part of the problem.

That's not why Gudako is called that.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
The challenge quest was... Interesting

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I just hope they keep supporting the game with more stuff like the valentine's event where you can get more scenes with your buddies that you already have.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gloomy Rube posted:

I just hope they keep supporting the game with more stuff like the valentine's event where you can get more scenes with your buddies that you already have.

:yeah:

The real reason anyone plays this game is the waifu/husbandos, so as long as they throw in more endearing junk from time to time it will print money until the heat death of the universe.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
When the game is finally looking like it might be in danger of dying, then they will implement the NP skip. It's one of their "break glass" failsafes to prolong game life.

EDIT: The point I was trying to make here, cause I got distracted when I thought about that bullshit explanation they gave about why they haven't made an NP skip feature yet, to tie it into the conversation is that I'm of the opinion that F/Go's devs will only make core gameplay changes that benefit the player only when the ship is in danger of sinking, because hell, if it works, don't try to improve it. That hasn't happened yet and probably isn't projected to any time soon, so the rates probably won't get any better for a long time.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 19, 2018

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
guys

dont drink and gacha :negative:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
luckily my faves are just 3*s! But now I'm just waiting for more grails to make Robin and Hans the strongest boys.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Clawtopsy posted:

guys

Oh. You were drunk? That explains a bit.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Clawtopsy posted:

guys

I'm so sorry :|

Hope it wasn't too bad. Did that once on GBF. Never again.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Gologle posted:

When the game is finally looking like it might be in danger of dying, then they will implement the NP skip. It's one of their "break glass" failsafes to prolong game life.

I've heard that the way the game works, the animations are what actually causes damage to occur. NP skip as the code stands right now would be impossible. They'd have to tear apart the entire engine for it.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Oh. You were drunk? That explains a bit.

i am genuinely worried about reading up in the discord log

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Causing a grail war didn't help

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
PSA: Maint is starting in about an hour. You're losing all your Da Vinci, so clear it now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this double success rate has been helpful for me too, i think ive got my support list set up well :)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I look forward to your diarmuid final boss solo video

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
drat, I love Samson, why is he so useless

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

He minmaxed for human (Not servant) anatomy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

this double success rate has been helpful for me too, i think ive got my support list set up well :)

Mad jealous. I haven't seen much of any rate ups.

That said....poo poo, I need to stockpile exps!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

drat, I love Samson, why is he so useless
he hits like a wet noodle

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Endorph posted:

he hits like a wet noodle

Personally I blame the fact that he has 3 quick cards and yet his quick chain makes like 19 stars, including his extra attack and the 10 for a quick chain.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Endorph posted:

I hope you're happy with it, since you have to change it tomorrow, or you wont get any sweet, sweet Friend points.

Edit: Wait, how did I never notice that you can have 3 support setups :psyduck:?

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 19, 2018

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
They only added that semi-recently.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yo shout outs to Waver's amazing NP gain on his cards.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i am ready to GO

i got some spots as well,

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I sent a friend request to you because Marie is Good.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Gloomy Rube posted:

I sent a friend request to you because Marie is Good.

:hai:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Dee Ehm posted:

I've heard that the way the game works, the animations are what actually causes damage to occur. NP skip as the code stands right now would be impossible. They'd have to tear apart the entire engine for it.

That was my informed speculation. But it wouldn't be impossible (very little things are impossible in code provided you have enough time and money), but given it runs against their stated goals and the effort is still non-trivial I find it very unlikely they'll ever try unless the clamor gets too loud or something really extraordinary happens (or Shiokawa resigns, I suppose).

Personally I'd prefer autobattle over NP skip. That would be a true efficiency boost for me 'cause then I could farm while working.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
goddamn, another topless kirei ce to collect

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

doing curls with my tapping finger

gotta work up that friend point summon stamina

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

:ohdear:

I have needs.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Full Metal Alchem- wait

Kiritsugu is a good character.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

tokomon posted:

:ohdear:

I have needs.

have fun eating a cheeseburger and playing age of mythology.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Kyte posted:

Personally I'd prefer autobattle over NP skip. That would be a true efficiency boost for me 'cause then I could farm while working.

One of the little things that irritate me is that I have to wait for a skill's animation to finish before I can pick the next one.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
being able to sleep through getting bones would be nice

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Gloomy Rube posted:

have fun eating a cheeseburger and playing age of mythology.

Every week. :3:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Clawtopsy posted:

guys

My absolute most vulnerable moments for gacha spending are when I'm out drinking with friends and I'm alone for a moment. Multiple times I've gone to piss and thought I can do a roll. Ah nothing there let's try again.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Update is up on iOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I made the mistake of rolling the gacha :negative:

Iskander kicked the door down first thing, made himself at home and a few others wandered in with him. Some might say I have EX luck and maybe its true, but I just know it will betray me when it comes time for the one SSR I truly want.... ARRRRRTHURRRRRRR :cry: