Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

they should remove mana from the game

For real, this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Erdricks posted:

What pvp mode is best to start in, blind or draft?

Never go blind. It's a bag of queue cancer.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

I would say blind is actually better to start with because the meta isn't a thing yet so people are just playing whatever in whatever lane so my main problem with blind (the race to actually get the role you want and the resulting arguments) are less of a problem but definitely once your a bit more experienced draft is far far better

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

I would say blind is actually better to start with because the meta isn't a thing yet so people are just playing whatever in whatever lane so my main problem with blind (the race to actually get the role you want and the resulting arguments) are less of a problem but definitely once your a bit more experienced draft is far far better

you can make that argument but blind pick can instill some nasty habits which can be hard to break for all of the same reasons you praise blind pick. if a newer player is okay with learning the same game twice, that is not too bad, but champ select communication is an important facet of this game which every experienced player can attest that nobody knows how to do

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

pog boyfriend posted:

you can make that argument but blind pick can instill some nasty habits which can be hard to break for all of the same reasons you praise blind pick. if a newer player is okay with learning the same game twice, that is not too bad, but champ select communication is an important facet of this game which every experienced player can attest that nobody knows how to do

The only champ select communication skill you need is knowing how to ignore it as your mid lane Yasuo tells top to go ap, the jungle Yi tells them to pick a tank, then they all argue when he locks in Tryn.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

The only champ select communication skill you need is knowing how to ignore it as your mid lane Yasuo tells top to go ap, the jungle Yi tells them to pick a tank, then they all argue when he locks in Tryn.

just cause other guys are communicating like poo poo does not mean you should abandon basic communication. telling new players to start off by being jaded and ignoring a major part of the format is not good eats

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

just cause other guys are communicating like poo poo does not mean you should abandon basic communication. telling new players to start off by being jaded and ignoring a major part of the format is not good eats

basic communication does not include informing someone that they "type like a human being", unless you want a 14-day break from the game.

just fyi, new players

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Been playing a bunch of Yasuo mid. Man his dmg spike at 2 items is insane. I been playing mostly safe in lane even though I take ignite but I always manage to outfarm the enemy mid since you can do wraiths with windwall and get cull. Once you get PD+I.e you are basically late game, the hard part is getting there without feeding.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Why are we not talking about this

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Because it's not funny or interesting

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Wrong

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It’s nowhere close to the QTPie sound pack someone made

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
What I really wanted was an annoying little poo poo like Phreak constantly whinging in my ear about boring memes and terrible jokes. Thanks Riot.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

foutre posted:

I really want to record the number of accidental 'whoops I guess that plant 100-0'd someone' versus on purpose 'I cast spells at this man to make him die' kills I get as Zyra.

https://plays.tv/s/LhQ251OMRgdH

All hail Organic Fair Trade Heimerdinger. Now I want to play Zyra.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Champion Roadmap 2018 is out. Aatrox and Akali will be coming out at some point soon, and Nunu's on the table for a full-on VGU. They're also teasing some kind of "dark" playmaking support that, I guess, has something to do with sunken boats or sharks??

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
They're finally adding Buckley's shark hero

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Vermain posted:

Champion Roadmap 2018 is out. Aatrox and Akali will be coming out at some point soon, and Nunu's on the table for a full-on VGU. They're also teasing some kind of "dark" playmaking support that, I guess, has something to do with sunken boats or sharks??

They also (somewhat) recently sent out an email asking about Naut’s lore an aesthetics. Maybe the ocean will be the next targon/bilgewater-like event?

Also Phreak is whatever, wake me when we get the CvS2 announcer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boxman posted:

They also (somewhat) recently sent out an email asking about Naut’s lore an aesthetics. Maybe the ocean will be the next targon/bilgewater-like event?

Also Phreak is whatever, wake me when we get the CvS2 announcer.

*entire team facecheck enemy blue side bush and die*

'came out with a sneaky surprise attack at the start of the round!"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

pog boyfriend posted:

To this day I speed type "top" and instalock Trynd in ranked.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Nunu had loving better still be a counterjungler

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I think Akali is pretty broken right now in good hands so I'm totally fine with them making her a champion that is actually fun to play and not just annoying as hell.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

kingcobweb posted:

Nunu had loving better still be a counterjungler

Snowball and Consume are both skillshots, blood boil is a four hit passive that gives a random teammate blood boil and his ultimate is the only unchanged thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you consume baron he gets a unique buff that lasts for thirty seconds. this will take up 80% of his power budget.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Servaetes posted:

Snowball and Consume are both skillshots, blood boil is a four hit passive that gives a random teammate blood boil and his ultimate is the only unchanged thing

I like Nunu a fair bit, but here's hoping that Snowball does become a skill shot.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I honestly don't know what they'll keep on Nunu. I find him exceedingly boring to play but you could argue that all of his abilities (aside from his passive which essentially doesn't exist) are key to what the champion is.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The only two notable things about Nunu were the zone control of his ult and his ability to control neutral camps with Q. I imagine they'll build off of those in some way for the VGU.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I am bummed. Riot was nominated for a Webby but it looks like our entry is going to lose to the live stream of the eclipse...

https://vote.webbyawards.com/PublicVoting#/2018/film-video/general/events-live-streams

Oh well. I hope we win the regular award.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
*points camera at black dot in the sky*

I deserve an award!

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

Yeah fair I mean I'd definitely suggest switching much sooner rather than later. I kinda forgot draft doesn't even unlock till level 10 and then or slightly later is where i'd say draft becomes better sooo it was a pretty pointless post

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Teikanmi posted:

I deserve an award!

An amazing astronomical event is loving fake and gay compared to this advertisement for a dota clone

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

strong bird posted:

An amazing astronomical event is loving fake and gay compared to this advertisement for a dota clone

A solar eclipse isn't an "amazing astronomical event", it's loving physics. They happen all the time.

That said it's still somehow more impressive than a video game ad lmao

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

what the effing piss this is that award, and i Dont care.

Firebert posted:

I honestly don't know what they'll keep on Nunu. I find him exceedingly boring to play but you could argue that all of his abilities (aside from his passive which essentially doesn't exist) are key to what the champion is.

nunu is really good and i have no idea how they can change him. you might find him boring but he is such a cohesive champion that any rework would have to be level 20 insight.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Teikanmi posted:

I deserve an award!
the black dot in the sky has more action than your average pro league of legends match

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I mean the dot actually blocks something out so it's better than most tank players.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
My IGN is SunbroNo1, if anyone wants to do draft pick with new player.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Erdricks posted:

My IGN is SunbroNo1, if anyone wants to do draft pick with new player.

What server tho

We are an international community, we have many different kinds of English speaking people

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

most important question in league history: is it “dived” or “dove”? as in, this jabroni tower dove me, or this jabroni tower dived me. i propose that tower dive is actually a different term than dive and therefore its declension is different, as “tower dove me” sounds weird so “dove me” by extension also sounds wrong. but what do you guys think

E: also here is the standard dived vs dove debate article for further reading: http://grammarist.com/usage/dove-dived/

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I mean nosedive usually ends up being nosedived instead of nosedove so towerdive could follow the same rules.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

No the biggest question in league has always been flash on d or f?

And we all know the answer to that unless you are some kind of monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

It's a cursor-direction spell so you put it on autocast on a thumb button.