Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Golden-Kamui/Ch-151---Muskies?id=409820

Seems like this arc will feature a cross-over with Kenshin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Oh my God it's the hitokiri battousai!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

New trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5olutLS6mdo

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

:allears: Tanigaki I love you so much, baby :allears:

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
I hope the anime throws in some filler fanservice scenes of Tanigaki to make up for the fact he doesn't really start getting sexualized til wayyy later.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The show itself will be fanservice free but the ED will be a series of beefcake stills over 80s Japan synth-pop.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Golden-Kamui/Ch-152---Manslayer?id=411097

Old guy's more like Shishio than Kenshin.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo this was a cool chapter, the effects were amazing.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Bad Seafood posted:

The show itself will be fanservice free but the ED will be a series of beefcake stills over 80s Japan synth-pop.

A-okay.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wait, puffins can fly?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

Wait, puffins can fly?

apparently

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/KamuyCentral/status/978996876841070598

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

All this time I thought they were penguins

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Meme Emulator posted:

Wait, puffins can fly?

They can fly, but they can't glide. Their wings allow them to fly and maneuver in the water, but the evolutionary tradeoff is that they can't do both extremely well.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
New chapter, dispensing lots of divine punishment

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that was a fantastic chapter

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Chapter was indeed really good and Yochirou's blending of the past with the present was a really nice effect. If done well, that could look fantastic when animated.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
After trying a few times to explain to friends why they should read this/watch the anime I've come to realize that there is no good way to sum up what Golden Kamui is without missing out a ton of what makes it great.

It's amazing this series works as well as it does considering how many genres and influences go into it.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Crain posted:

After trying a few times to explain to friends why they should read this/watch the anime I've come to realize that there is no good way to sum up what Golden Kamui is without missing out a ton of what makes it great.

It's amazing this series works as well as it does considering how many genres and influences go into it.

I'm fond of guro-gourmet chanbara.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

The anime is airing/has just aired and bkub (Pop Team Epic's creator) did some fan art:

https://twitter.com/bkub_comic/status/983348684053102594?s=19

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

20 min to go! I think I'll end up watching at work if only because it'll be my entire Twitter feed today and I'll be mad if I wait til I'm home.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Absolutely loved it. Everything I was hoping for!

Production spoiler a bit of cgi on the bear is already being spun into a big Thing which is disheartening- it was noticeable but not bad and I kinda wish people would chill but oh well.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
I hope the anime ends at the SHINE/horny serial killer arc cause that's where I went from "I really like this manga" to "This is now my favorite manga ever." And I can't really think of a better stopping point.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

This is the best running gag I've ever seen.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
What makes it funnier is that, due to how cameras worked at that time, he would have had to hold that pose for the picture to come out right.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Really wondering now where the anime will stop because the ending song animation had Kiroranke in it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

do we know how many episodes it is?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

do we know how many episodes it is?

Only Twelve episodes.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

GoldenPrice posted:

Really wondering now where the anime will stop because the ending song animation had Kiroranke in it.

Unless they massively rewrite something that's gotta just be a random inclusion. Kiroanke doesn't show up till chapter 71 or so, and at this rate the show's only going to reach chapter 25-30.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013

Crain posted:

Unless they massively rewrite something that's gotta just be a random inclusion. Kiroanke doesn't show up till chapter 71 or so, and at this rate the show's only going to reach chapter 25-30.

I went and checked, and he actually joins the group in chapter 47, Which is way more earlier than i thought, so they could possibly reach that point.

HardHead
Nov 4, 2009

Bouncer, Hey bouncer.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/255009/1

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I just watched the second episode, and it had more of everything that makes this worth following. Namely more brutal violence, more Asirpa, more cooking, more wholesomeness, and most importantly a minimum of CGI.

But holy Christ is that fire effect bad. It was worse in the last episode but goddamn it just sucks so much. It looks like something out of an MDickie game and it immediately catches my eye with it's awfulness.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oh my god this chapter is the best

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
omfg "let's incorporate lots of historical elements into the series, let's make the grizzled badass army veterans join the circus"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's hilarious how often Sugimoto manages to seduce men with his rugged kindness.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

same tbh

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Ah, like salve unto my eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Someone asking tanigaki if the only thing his hands are good for is touching his dick manages to somehow outdo all the "boner" shouts this chapter