Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Inept posted:

You don't need to post in multiple threads to gauge interest in your cards, just poo poo or get off the pot.

Not gauging anything champ, sorry I hurt your fee fees by posting in two threads. 😘

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

tehinternet posted:

champ fee fees 😘

Never mind please never post again.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
:O

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Inept posted:

Never mind please never post again.

That’s some pro tier advice.

Is anyone ITT still mining?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we dont post about it because its more important to protect the top tier mining tech than handhold the casuals trying to mine. Im still making hundreds

a year

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

tehinternet posted:

Is anyone ITT still mining?

Stopped my mining machine. Gave one 1060 to a friend in need of a new gpu.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I am still mining, but only because I switched to flat rate electricity. I should have sold out before GTC. Getting into it now is nuts of course. Mining is more bleak than the actual price of BTC

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I have solar panels and thus as close to free electricity as I can get, and it still doesn’t seem worth it to turn on the ol miner. The component wear can’t be good.

I can’t complain though, my 2x1080ti paid for themselves, got a lil profit and still some pogs spread out in wallets.

But right now you’d have to be crazy to “invest” in mining rigs

Eth is even lower than it was a year ago and way harder to mine...

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea I stopped mining on both 1080tis, might sell the second one before new cards come out so I get the most out of it. Even after power costs both cards paid for themselves plus quite a bit extra, so I am really happy with how it turned out.

But current rates are just abysmal, $1.5 a day on a 1080ti that costs .5 to run? Just doesn't feel worth it. Maybe some day the free burritos will return, but for now we just get to laugh at all the people still stuck with hardware that isn't paid off.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Are there any news on the 1080ti successor? Selling mine doesn’t sound like a bad idea before the new ones hit, but I thought Nvidia didn’t announce anything for this year

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Usually you end up on the Ti track or the x80 track. The 1080 successor will come out this summer and the Ti successor next spring (Speculation, not any real data). The 1080 successor will perform slightly better than a Ti for about 100 watts less while the Ti successor will perform slightly below double the Ti for about the same power.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Selling a high value previous gen card right before a new generation releases is a good idea but jeez even that is so far up in the air right now. Since the 780ti I've sold the Ti card before the next gen to buy the sidegrade new release card (for example here, a 970) which I then just sell for a pretty tiny loss for the new Ti. Did the same exact thing for the 1070, which eventually was sold for the 1080ti. I bought more cards than that but ultimately that was the successful pattern that really kept things up and running.

I never bought the x80 initially because I was so happy at the previous Ti version that I say no point (at the time), but that would be the same difference overall and give you a higher performance stepping stone between TI releases.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
between these 3 things:
- nvidia is under zero pressure from AMD at the moment
- they can still sell every desktop GPU they make due to all the unmet demand pent up from the past year
- they can sell their new volta chips to AI people for astronomical prices

I think the 2080 (or whatever) could get kicked down the road even past summer. Selling a 1080ti now is amazing if you want to get the next high-end card for free, but only if you have something else decent to use for a while.

(I can think of one reason to announce the 2080 sooner rather than later: it instantly devalues the used cards still in the hands of cryptominers -- who aren't repeat customers -- rather than having gamers buy at inflated prices then not want to buy a next-gen card right away. But triggering a dump to the used market would also hurt their board partners so maybe not a great plan.)

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I bought a used buttminer 1060 3GB on ebay for $190 and they sent a 1060 6GB :lol:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
:nice:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Well, send it back and let them know

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Leave them negative feedback

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

They listed it as 3GB because the one time that the card caught on fire only half of the VRAM was engulfed

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Internet libertarians finally put two and two together.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

:lol:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Time 2 invest in sea shells

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Somehow I'm back up to making $6.50/day on Monero + Miningpoolhub on a Ryzen 7 and a Threadripper 1950x

code:
Last 24 Hours	Hourly	          Daily       Weekly	        Monthly	           Yearly
6.51 CAD	0.27 CAD	6.51 CAD	45.60 CAD	195.43 CAD	2,377.75 CAD

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I have noticed the rate jumped when there was a huge moon on the 13th. Even though it just wemt back to the 8000 mark we were stuck at for a while

Its still bad but its...less bad

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

savedroid coin just exited

https://ico.savedroid.com/

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Don Lapre posted:

Guess he should have saved more roids?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

Posting a (presumably identifiable) picture of your whereabouts seems pretty cheeky after defrauding investors for millions. I guess we'll see how dumb he actually is in the coming weeks.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Stickman posted:

Posting a (presumably identifiable) picture of your whereabouts seems pretty cheeky after defrauding investors for millions. I guess we'll see how dumb he actually is in the coming weeks.

People already found the beach hes on in egypt.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Missed the best part: https://ico.savedroid.com

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

People already found the beach hes on in egypt.

So no extradition treaty with Germany, but the only Arab country with an extradition treaty to the US? Apparently he allowed "accredited American investors", so that might come back to bite him.

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
I'm only pretending to care
Taco Defender

Stickman posted:

So no extradition treaty with Germany, but the only Arab country with an extradition treaty to the US? Apparently he allowed "accredited American investors", so that might come back to bite him.

No, it's perfect.

The big American investors lets everyone know it's legit so a ton of other investors from other countries all join in.

When you exit you give all of the Americans back their money and keep everyone else's. That way the US won't come after you since none of their citizens were impacted and you can gently caress off to someplace that won't extradite to the EU.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Krailor posted:

No, it's perfect.

The big American investors lets everyone know it's legit so a ton of other investors from other countries all join in.

When you exit you give all of the Americans back their money and keep everyone else's. That way the US won't come after you since none of their citizens were impacted and you can gently caress off to someplace that won't extradite to the EU.

On the one hand, millions of dollars. On the other hand, always being aware that someone might stab you to death for those millions.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

On the one hand, millions of dollars. On the other hand, always being aware that someone might stab you to death for those millions.

on the third hand, the secure knowledge that the people you conned are complete idiots who fell for an assumed name and fake pictures on twitter

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Klyith posted:

on the third hand, the secure knowledge that the people you conned are complete idiots who fell for an assumed name and fake pictures on twitter

And a large percentage of which will even defend you as just being an agent of the free market

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everyone involved on both sides deserves what happened/happens including the probable murder of that guy

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fauxtool posted:

everyone involved on both sides deserves what happened/happens including the probable murder of that guy

This is my hot take, and I hope I don’t get banned, but I do NOT agree with murder of any parties! In fact, no offense to anyone, but murder is WRONG most of the time ! Sorry but it’s how I was raised!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Ah see just because murder is wrong doesn't mean it wasn't deserved

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
I wonder why white collar crime keeps happening when they at most get a slap on the wrist even if they are caught

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I trade crypto to avoid taxes but still want the services that taxes pay for to help me when i get scammed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Don Lapre posted:

I trade crypto to avoid taxes but still want the services that taxes pay for to help me when i get scammed

Neckbeard’s Razor

E:dilemma is what I mean but razor sounded better okay

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 20, 2018

• Locked thread