Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

Did you forget the Vince Young Wars of '06
Who knew Cutler would end up being the best QB to come out of that class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

piss tape israel posted:

Who knew Cutler would end up being the best QB to come out of that class

It was always sort of weird to me that Leinart was considered a better prospect than Cutler.

Full disclair: I don't remember the 06 draft that well outside of Mario Williams, Reggie Bush and Cromartie

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
there's a longstanding tradition of thinking USC QBs are pro ready due to their system

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I don't see how this is hard.

Acceptable Picks 1-5:

Consensus best QB
Exceptional pass rusher
Exceptional LT
Exceptional DB
Exceptional RB (must be good to great at: rushing, pass-catching and pass pro)
Exceptional WR (gotta have an elite combo of size, hands and speed)

That's it. Nothing else.

What about D-line? Where would you take Aaron Donald?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
13th

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Doltos posted:

What about D-line? Where would you take Aaron Donald?

You have to pick someone else bc I'm Pitt alumni should recuse myself. I watched Aaron Donald absolutely dominate the ACC on bad Pitt teams, and know for a fact that I posted about him in draft threads. Even still, I would have thought he'd be a 5-10 pick at the time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You ought to take Aaron Donald as the #1 or perhaps #2 pick, in my opinion, if he is available later on in the future. But I bet he won't be

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mason Rudolph is a trash QB according to my bad football opinion having self.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Has there ever been such a massive disconnect over the top QB on the level of Josh Allen?

Here's my scorching hot take: Allen isn't as bad as TFF thinks and Barkley isn't as good. With that said, I still want the Browns taking Darnold.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Cavauro posted:

You ought to take Aaron Donald as the #1 or perhaps #2 pick, in my opinion, if he is available later on in the future. But I bet he won't be

DTs have been picked first overall. They are often picked at a premium too because there are so few people in the world who are 6’3, 300 lbs and athletic enough to play in the NFL. Donald absolutely goes first overall in a follow up draft.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just checked out some football highlight films because they are my methadone at this point in the year and apparently Aaron Donald is only 6 feet tall and that helps him get leverage and to get underneath a lot of the blocks by offensive lineman.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
But what if there was a kicker that was guaranteed to make every kick under 70 yards? Under 80?from the mooooon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Slowpoke! posted:

DTs have been picked first overall. They are often picked at a premium too because there are so few people in the world who are 6’3, 300 lbs and athletic enough to play in the NFL. Donald absolutely goes first overall in a follow up draft.

Nice. I dont remember the history that well, so I didn't know. I am really impressed by all you guys talking about drafting, because you are able to bring up the past, whether it's statistics, draft order, or if and so on. I only vaguely recall the last few years when it comes to those sorts of things, and not for the majority of players and teams. I'm glad i can go online here.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Donald and McCoy are elite pass rushing linemen , so is Watt, all are worth top 5 picks just like any other elite pass rusher like Khalil Mack or Vonn Miller

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what number Would you felloas draft Quandre Diggs, the smallstrong.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mastershakeman posted:

Donald and McCoy are elite pass rushing linemen , so is Watt, all are worth top 5 picks just like any other elite pass rusher like Khalil Mack or Vonn Miller

So what about a player like Ngata who can anchor an entire defense? He gets two or three sacks a season but I wouldn't say he's (at his prime) less valuable than a pass rusher.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

So what about a player like Ngata who can anchor an entire defense? He gets two or three sacks a season but I wouldn't say he's (at his prime) less valuable than a pass rusher.

personally I don't value that position as much. I don't value any of the run game positions over the third receiving options, for instance. So if I had to list out all 22 positions in importance, id have slot wr higher than both guards, center, rb, any 0-2 tech dt, middle linebackers

yes I know there's impact players at all those positions I just think they aren't worth top 10 picks (neither is slot wr)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

personally I don't value that position as much. I don't value any of the run game positions over the third receiving options, for instance. So if I had to list out all 22 positions in importance, id have slot wr higher than both guards, center, rb, any 0-2 tech dt, middle linebackers

yes I know there's impact players at all those positions I just think they aren't worth top 10 picks (neither is slot wr)

I dunno, a truly elite MLB is a game changer.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Lmao

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If your team needed a QB would you rather draft a 4-3 outside linebacker or a left *covers mouth with hand* bsdgg? *coughs*

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Randaconda posted:

I dunno, a truly elite MLB is a game changer.

not an emptyquote

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

I'm 100% right
exhibit a: bears failure offense despite a top interior line unit plus good power back
exhibit b in opposition regarding the jags scoring a ton with similar power run game has been shredded so my point is unopposed

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cavauro posted:

If your team needed a QB would you rather draft a 4-3 outside linebacker or a left *covers mouth with hand* bsdgg? *coughs*
long snapper

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
MLB is not worth a high pick lol what on earth

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'm totally fine with that line of thinking, because being able to draft Luke Kuechly at #9 is super loving cool.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What's the earliest to pick a long snapper? Bottom of the 1st?

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Roquan Smith is a top 5 talent and will completely change a defense imo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mastershakeman posted:

From beneath the hulk of Aaron Donald, Russell Wilson squeaks, "Max Unger's contribution to this team is fungible!"

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Some people haven't experienced having that fan favorite saves the day kind of MLB. Pity don't mock.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

If the Giants draft Josh Allen I'm going to nut

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If I look at the 2007 draft that had Lawrence Timmons and Patrick Willis, I think I'm struggling to get either into the top 5 in a re-draft

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've seen every position on the field multiple times and if you draft anyone higher than #6 you're God's top fool on earth

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Peak Draft Season

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/986991361223163909

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dorsey, whose QB for his entire tenure in KC was Alex "Tiny Hands" Smith.

Dorsey, who drafted a franchise QB with smaller hands than Alex Smith with his dying Chiefs breath.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

https://twitter.com/pftcommenter/status/986997505186582530?s=21

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Rosen has 9 7/8ths...... please football gods

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I stop reading anytime I see "Bills QB"

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah, in hindsight.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

kiimo posted:

Josh Allen checks all the boxes? I mean he tried but he only got it in the box like 45% of the time.

That's why roethlisberger will make the hof imo. Can't keep him out of the box even if you wanted to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah, in hindsight.

Exactly. I love all these assumptions that you take X position in the top 10 like they're always going to pan out or there will be 10 people worth it there. It's like they'd rather pick a second round quality WR over a premier linebacker. At this point I'm not even sure what positions are allowed to be picked in the top 10.

• Locked thread