Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
i'm not that far in yet but i would like to say that so far F/Z event is great, and seeing waver trying to speedrun the war is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's basically Waver's Back to the Future.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TheFireMagi posted:

i'm not that far in yet but i would like to say that so far F/Z event is great, and seeing waver trying to speedrun the war is hilarious

I like how his first explanation of the plan is that they just need to convince three masters, then follows that up with how upwards of four of them are way too massive assholes to even bother trying with :v:.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
The story of this event is seriously good. I liked F/Z to begin with but :discourse:

So tempting to roll for Kiritsugu.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 19, 2018

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
"THERE'S NO TIME" says the time traveler. I really liked the transformation effect for Saber, by the way. By the way, am I correct in assuming the Archer stuff is going to be kind of a grind to farm considering the only bonus Servant for that is Diarmuid, who isn't great?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Also 10x 4* EXP Cards :toot:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gologle posted:

"THERE'S NO TIME" says the time traveler. I really liked the transformation effect for Saber, by the way. By the way, am I correct in assuming the Archer stuff is going to be kind of a grind to farm considering the only bonus Servant for that is Diarmuid, who isn't great?

A friend one and then one you have shoved into the backline is fine imo.

Him Cu and Liz can handle the Grinding stages well enough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We're missing out on 12 quartz which JP got before fate/zero which meh

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Heh, the group just thought that they would have to pay in the future for the destruction of the Tosaka protections on the leylines.

They were hinting at Ishtar, weren't they.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tae posted:

We're missing out on 12 quartz which JP got before fate/zero which meh

FGO NA is badciv

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They also had to roll per 4 quartz instead of 3.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Motto posted:

They also had to roll per 4 quartz instead of 3.

NA is good civilization after all!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
https://twitter.com/FateGO_USA/status/987017093022445568

We starting to be global now

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

ah, the fate zero event.

The only gatcha where I spend money to get a freaking CE

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can now use my Google play money to buy quartz.

Yayyy

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It looks like the extra classes give bonuses to seal drops to multiple classes if given the +drop CEs

Ruler: Knights Classes drop bonus.
Avenger: Cavalry classes drop bonus
Shielder: Drop bonuses to all 7 basic Classes

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Was this event the first clue that FGO is not in Fate's timeline? The Chaldea crew was honestly surprised that there had been more than one HGW in Fuyuki, and that it was a complete trap.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Considering Fate/Grand Order has become the main Fate series, I would say this IS the Fate timeline.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
FGO is supposed to take place in a timeline where Leff didn't kill himself or something in the distant past, I dunno.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It looks like the extra classes give bonuses to seal drops to multiple classes if given the +drop CEs

Ruler: Knights Classes drop bonus.
Avenger: Cavalry classes drop bonus
Shielder: Drop bonuses to all 7 basic Classes
That's only if they have a gacha CE, right? Otherwise don't they drop nothing?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nate RFB posted:

FGO is supposed to take place in a timeline where Leff didn't kill himself or something in the distant past, I dunno.
That's only if they have a gacha CE, right? Otherwise don't they drop nothing?

Yeah, though that includes the 3* one that's in the FP gacha.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Yep. The gacha CEs basically exist to make non-event servants relevant for drops, and to make Lancelot and Angry amazing.

Just don't put them on any of the other event servants. That doesn't work, and it would be nice if my friends list figured that out.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
700k FP later and Angra cheerfully waltzed into my Chaldea telling me how he's the weakest servant. Now to spend all those Fous!

Jesus Christ there's an NP2 Angra in my friends list already... :stonk:

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 19, 2018

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

2 million FP and no angra, but a lot of CE bombs and like 1700 new mana prisms.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Angra's My Room lines are great, he just wants to party :)

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Had 350k FP to try for the angry boy. Didn't get him, but 100P Hassan popped out so I'm calling it a win.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So can you get through the entire story without delving into the gacha system too much?

I just want to enjoy the story :(

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

theblackw0lf posted:

So can you get through the entire story without delving into the gacha system too much?

Yeah, you'll eventually be able to get pretty much every Servant of 3* rarity and below just with the currency you earn from playing the game, and lots of those are solid additions to your team. Events also throw free 4* Servants at you, which range from usable to amazing. There are videos of people beating the end boss of the first story arc with nothing but 1* and 2* Servants. Having strong high-rarity Servants will make your life easier, but people whale for them because they want to whale for them, not because they're necessary.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Dropped nine summon tickets just for the hell of it and got Iskander...the one servant on this gacha that I didn't want.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

half a million fp and no edgeboy, but i did get billy from np1 to np5, which is great. i love my little cowboy.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I have literally a million FP to burn through. Wish me luck.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

theblackw0lf posted:

On top of what Thuryl said, you get enough premium currency and summons tickets to get some good stuff from the major gachas without putting money. You'll have to save up for an awfully long time to have a reasonable chance at getting a 5 star character that's on rate-up and I'd still recommend not getting your hopes up for any character in particular, but you can still get a reasonable amount of high-rarity characters without putting money in.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lucked out and got the weakest boy starting from about 500k. Now I just gotta bond grind him forever to get ready for his rank-up, lol.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

I have literally a million FP to burn through. Wish me luck.

From what I've seen that's enough for about a 50-50 chance.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Just posting to say this event is good, I got Angry in 50k, and I didn't get the king because that's just how the gacha is sometimes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Gologle posted:

I have excess archer seals tbh, because you gotta beat up a lot of sea monsters just to progress the plot. Bought all the plot items that requires archer seals, already.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I dont remember Kayneth being so kawaii

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The plot items should be a priority by the way, the Rank A-EX missions down the road will be way way better for shop grinding, so allocate the stuff you get while doing plot/missions to unlocking stuff.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got Angra finally after two years of that char being in this game, yayyy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm just following the guide, enjoying the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

Took 944,000 friend points, but I finally got him!

:3: