Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
If you're very good you can kill your own children till your get a heir that isn't terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

drilldo squirt posted:

If you're very good you can kill your own children till your get a heir that isn't terrible.

Who will immediately die of something horrible.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Bring on the satanic horse dynasties!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

suuma posted:

You can shoot over the crowd of civilians, yeah, but you have no choice but to drop the white phosphorus on the crowd of people later(? don't remember the game timeline)

Crowd of people was later I think

But yeah, exactly that. It's actually amazing how one tiny section put me off it. I still got it for PC and will still give it another playthrough, maybe i'll be more forgiving.

RE: Crusader kings 2, i'd say get the free version and 100% get the Rome DLC. It lets you have a permanent troops out rather than levying and its honestly such a good QoL upgrade. Truly believe it should be a standard feature.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

That was my go to strategy for the Norse. Have a ton of kids, then as the dad gets old he kills all the sons except for the best in order to avoid the realm splitting.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Origin's latest On The House freebie is Peggle, if for some hosed up reason you haven't already got Peggle on at least three different platforms.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

The Kins posted:

Origin's latest On The House freebie is Peggle, if for some hosed up reason you have Origin.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Origin's pretty inoffensive nowadays. It's certainly no uPlay, at any rate.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still can't get uPlay's store to actually load half the time.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

The Kins posted:

Origin's pretty inoffensive nowadays. It's certainly no uPlay, at any rate.

At least Ubisoft still puts their trash on Steam instead of forcing you to only use their platform.

(It still pisses me off that EA bought Popcap.)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Aerdan posted:

At least Ubisoft still puts their trash on Steam instead of forcing you to only use their platform.

(It still pisses me off that EA bought Popcap.)

And that's different from what Valve did because...?

Hell, at least you can actually browse the storefront of any other digital distribution platform and find good stuff, something Valve didn't account for when opening the floodgates for every single two-bit developer to put their garbage games on Steam.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Samuringa posted:

Hell, at least you can actually browse the storefront of any other digital distribution platform and find good stuff, something Valve didn't account for when opening the floodgates for every single two-bit developer to put their garbage games on Steam.
Reminder that the first third-party Steam game was Ragdoll Kung Fu, and Eternity's Child wasn't very far behind.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Samuringa posted:

And that's different from what Valve did because...?

Because EA is EVIL!!!1

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
This thread is way more useful when it's strictly informative. Come on people.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Free Games and Worthless Takes

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
That’s a good price for Satellite Reign.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Eador is a good game. Not sure about this remake ver though.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

The Kins posted:

Good games.

Thanks! :tipshat:

Nyaa posted:

Eador is a good game. Not sure about this remake ver though.

It's fun, but gets a bit grindy if you're not playing optimally.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Sat reign was cool for a bit, free is Def a good price for it

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
The original Eador: Genesis is extremely solid, if old fashioned. Sort of a response to Heroes of Might and Magic, an extremely tight strategic and tactical game by focusing on doing less. With a perfect gimmick in the "revert turn" feature encouraging you to squeak out insane tactical wins with one hitpoint and no stamina left. The Eador thread on this site was a great debate between the quality of good and the quantity of evil.

Eador: Masters of the Broken world loses a lot of the solidness for more stuff. Sort of like those major mods for games. You lose the tightness of the original but gain things like more than one type of elf mercenary etc. My personal pet peeve is the rework of the UI, especially the elimination of the one click turn reversion.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Do any of you guys happen to have a spare Satellite Reign key?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

THE BAR posted:

Do any of you guys happen to have a spare Satellite Reign key?
I do.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

My friend caved in and bought it for €3 or 4, whatever it was. Thanks, though! :)

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

For those who have Twitch Prime and have nothing better to do with it, if you use it on Burke Black (dunno about other GOG sponsored streamers) you get a free random GOG game from his site (burkeblack.tv). So far I've gotten Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Space Empires IV Deluxe and Combat Chess. Two out of three good ones is pretty decent so far.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also on the Twitch Prime subject: The free games for May are being revealed in two parts by (assumedly) popular streamers. The first three are:
High Hell
Gone Home
Psychonauts

The rest'll be revealed through some other streamer some time tonight. I guess they'll be up on May 1st?

EDIT: The rest are:
I, Hope
Clustertruck
Titan Souls

The Kins fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 24, 2018

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

tight aspirations posted:

F1 2015 is free on steam if you missed the humble giveaway a few weeks ago.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Developer Spearhead Games is doing an odd little quest to promote their upcoming game, Omensight.

https://www.omensight.com/wishlist-quest/

Basically, add Omensight to your wishlist, send them proof of it, and when they get to 10k (already at 6k), they'll give out copies of their previous game

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What is their previous game?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What is their previous game?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/439190/Stories_The_Path_of_Destinies/

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

How are they actually going to handle these screenshot submissions? If there are any manual steps in the process, this would generate quite a bit of work. Let's say they get 20K submissions, and it takes 15 seconds to handle one, that would already take over 2 full work weeks for a person to go through.

I wonder what my chances would be to trick them and send goatman.jpeg instead, I'm betting nobody is actually going to go through the screenshots...

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Here's what I ended up sending:

Keep your fingers crossed for me, a free game is at stake!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stories was a ps+ game a while ago, it's not bad.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

StoryTime posted:

Here's what I ended up sending:

Keep your fingers crossed for me, a free game is at stake!

That's hilarious, and you wishlisted the wrong game.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Kins posted:

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee is free for a couple of days. The rest of the series is 80%-off, to boot.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-flame-in-the-flood

some quirky game from bioshock veterans is free for 48 hours, get you one

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

you wishlisted the wrong game.

my life in a nutshell

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Coolguye posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-flame-in-the-flood

some quirky game from bioshock veterans is free for 48 hours, get you one

I got this (I've heard mixed but interesting things about it) and it came with a coupon for $1.20 off Humble Monthly, which currently gets you Destiny 2 for $10.80, if you should be interested in that.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Stories - Path of Destinies is free if you get it this weekend.

Apparently a bunch of people on my friendlist have this wishlisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Stories - Path of Destinies is free if you get it this weekend.

Apparently a bunch of people on my friendlist have this wishlisted.

Claimed!

...Now to never play it, ever :v: