Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I forgot to actually roll your shutdown check, so you're not shut down at least?

I also noticed that. Another thing I'm thankful for. I won't be able to run interference this turn on run to the back corner but at least I can jump 4 and kick something while I try to cool off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Strobe posted:

ATMs do damage in groups of 5, which means there's a group of 1 left over after the initial 35 points are allocated. Ferro-Lamellor armor reduces all incoming damage by 1, to a minimum of 0.

It would still count as a Pilot Hit if the Legion weren't immune to those, but it does no damage.

FerroLam is actually pretty good against iATM-12s in particular, because it's cutting full 8 damage off of 36 every time.

Huh. I didn't know it would reduce something all the way to zero. Neat.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I could jump to 1211 smash on some proto’s Next turn and still help with the plan of approching the mech under repairs?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Light and Medium Clan 'Mech list has been posted in the usual place. There're some interesting things on it, and their armor types are pretty much as-expected.

No targeting computers though, the Clan ilKhanate has decided that those are "cheap"

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

PoptartsNinja posted:

Crawling in my skin.
These wounds they will not heal.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Confirmed: Goliath Scorpions are ilClan

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Updated kill list.

Mithras
Protomech

Mithras
Pilot hit on Sprite
Half a platoon
Protomech
Protomech

Other half of platoon
Protomech

Hellfire mech
Infantry Platoon
Mithras

Mithras
Protomech
2 Pilot hits on Sprite

Infantry platoon
Hellbringer Z

Sphinx Mech
Immobilized Engine
Viper Z Leg
Savage Wolf

Protomech

Mithras
Jagermech

Mithras
Protomech
Ares

Mithras
Caboose Crew

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Holy crap, it's a turkey shoot!

One hell of a way to round off the season.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Hey PTN The fluff in hexes 1907/2007 and 2106 are those hardened height 2 buildings as well? or something else?

Just asking for uhh, no reason.

(mostly because This turn I can jump 5 to 1211, then jump 5 to 1709, then jump 5 to 2006 or 2106 and give the Turkina a love tap on Turn zero of its countdown, and if that doesn't work I can try to find a different line)

\/\/ you're on the board, promotions all around AJ!

Mezzanon fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 19, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Leith Maclaine posted:

Updated kill list.

Good news, I TSMed that Sprite to death and am no longer Johnny No-Kills.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Affi posted:

:getin:

So the osteon d can it flip its arms?

And I’m thinking of going all out alpha this turn. How much heat is way too much heat?

Which is the greatest threat? Osteon D or mad dog?

I’m also considering just standing still because there is no way that crap pilot is going to land his dfa right? That’s a piloting skill check against my piloting skill or am I misremembering?

(Legion ten can claim my spot? Force a piloting roll and have the osteon crash?)

Quoting myself so I can get some feedback.

Adding: Would it be an illegal move if I jumped into the dfa mechs spot?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
The Osteon D cannot flip it's arms, but it does have hyper extending actuators so it can shoot with one arm directly behind it.
It's also by faaaar more dangerous than the Mad Dog- Quad cLPLs vs two cluster weapons that get a ton of their damage removed by your Ferro Lammelor armor.

I don't think you;d be able to swap places with the mech doing a DFA.
I don;t know that your cybernetics counts for the comparative PSR, but even without that, the Osteon needs 6 base + 3 jumping + 3 skill differential = 12.

So it's likely to just fall on it's butt if you don't move, but there's always that 2.7% chance for BATTLETECH.

Falling will do 27 damage to it in 5 point clusters, vs however much damage you might do from shooting.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 19, 2018

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

#8 kill list updated, will post again after next PTN update.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Affi posted:

Adding: Would it be an illegal move if I jumped into the dfa mechs spot?

The person who's there can move out of the way or stay still, but can't be replaced (because the Osteon is already "in" the hex)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Mezzanon posted:

Hey PTN The fluff in hexes 1907/2007 and 2106 are those hardened height 2 buildings as well? or something else?

Just asking for uhh, no reason.

I would also like to know that answer to this question. For similar lack of reasons.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
They have the red "this is a building" outline and don't have a specified height or toughness.

So they're Heavy (not Hardened) and Level 2. Which means they're too tall to jump over unless you're a protomech.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

PoptartsNinja posted:

They have the red "this is a building" outline and don't have a specified height or toughness.

So they're Heavy (not Hardened) and Level 2. Which means they're too tall to jump over unless you're a protomech.

how many hit points in a heavy but not hardened structure like that? (can I fire/charge through them?)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Up to 90, yes you can move through them (but it's dangerous)

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

PoptartsNinja posted:

Up to 90, yes you can move through them (but it's dangerous)

How dangerous are we talking here?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Fail a PSR, take some damage, the roll/damage is harder the further you've moved when you enter the building/the heavier the building is. Hardened buildings need like a +5 psr to avoid impaling your cockpit on a structural I-beam or something.

It's not a ton of damage, but it is more likely to hit your head than random weapons fire. Then again, you all don't really care about head hits compared to normal mechs. It also costs a ton of MP to move in to heavy buildings.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Gwaihir posted:

Fail a PSR, take some damage, the roll/damage is harder the further you've moved when you enter the building/the heavier the building is. Hardened buildings need like a +5 psr to avoid impaling your cockpit on a structural I-beam or something.

It's not a ton of damage, but it is more likely to hit your head than random weapons fire. Then again, you all don't really care about head hits compared to normal mechs. It also costs a ton of MP to move in to heavy buildings.

Depending on what the damage/piloting skill roll is I might consider it.

I can always Jump to 1211 fight stuff, then jump to 1307, shoot stuff, then run to 1903, then jump to 2403.

We'll see how the next turn shakes out!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Clan Heavy and Assault lists are up in the usual place.

Most of it's as-expected: Hel (Loki Mk II), Grand Summoner (Thor Mk II), Hellhawk is basically a non-canon Warhawk (Mk II), the Silent Caracal is a non-canon name for the Shadow Cat Mk II, etc, but the Jaguar Warrior's totally new and I can't wait to see peoples' reactions to meeting it whenever we finally vote for something involving the Clan ilKhanate.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
So the Legion isn't planning to leave survivors. Are they just going to have their infantry sweep the area after and put a bullet in the head of everyone they find?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Artificer posted:

So the Legion isn't planning to leave survivors. Are they just going to have their infantry sweep the area after and put a bullet in the head of everyone they find?

They are the infantry. Anything they can't deal with using AP Gauss, they can get out in their armor and kill personally.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Nothing beats that personal, hands-on touch.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Too bad the BA lacks a mortar, for maximum MechAssault 2 bullshit.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So should I tsm kick or punch the osteon in the back?

Kick: does more damage and will crit a leg if I hit.

Punch: Can hit more important rear torsos and crit those?
I can’t use my ppc or ap gauss but since I’m jumping I don’t want to push my heat too much anyway.

Or I simply kick and alpha and include the tsemp.

I’d spike my heat up to: 9+5+32 = 46 - 24 = 22 which seems suicidal. Or 20 if I skip my gauss.

Or I skip the tsemp and end up at 12.

It’s like “where do i fit in my tsemp??”

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Since one of your arms is missing a hand you should probably stick with a kick. It's easier to hit with and does more damage. Punches have a better than normal chance to hit the head of a mech for reference though, and TSM punches from you all will one shot a head.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I would vote kick since they still have back armor in all locations. (Although Gwaihir's point about the changes to a head hit is tempting.) Probably hold off on the TSEMP to be at 12.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Affi posted:

I can’t use my ppc or ap gauss but since I’m jumping I don’t want to push my heat too much anyway.

I’d spike my heat up to: 9+5+32 = 46 - 24 = 22 which seems suicidal. Or 20 if I skip my gauss.

You have talons and tsm, kicks forever. Kick supremacy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Osteon Prime has had all of its leg armor kicked off. If you kick it in either leg and connect you are doing, I believe, 37 damage, which will destroy all of the structure of the leg you connect with and thus get a mission kill on that mech. Assuming you do the same damage I did.

In fact this is such a good plan that you could consider shooting something else and only kicking the Osteon, although there is a chance you miss with your kick and it survives another round.

As far as heat goes, you can definitely use your 2x AP Gauss, and then deside if you want to climb the heat chart by shooting the rHPPC, or drop down the heat chart by not shooting it. The TSEMPP does 10 heat so if you don't shoot the PPC, you can afford to take a shot with it, but remember it adds a +2 penalty next turn and you also can't shoot it next turn if you shoot it this turn, so reserve it for when it's actually gonna be useful.

e. I forget, there's a difference in how much damage we do depending on tech types of structure etc. so check with the experts about how much damage you'll do on the kick to the Osteon's structure. But even if you don't totally destroy the leg, you'll cause a crit check and force a piloting check, and that's a really lovely pilot driving that rig.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 20, 2018

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Affi posted:

Leperflesh posted:

The Osteon Prime has had all of its leg armor kicked off. If you kick it in either leg and connect you are doing, I believe, 37 damage, which will destroy all of the structure of the leg you connect with and thus get a mission kill on that mech. Assuming you do the same damage I did.

In fact this is such a good plan that you could consider shooting something else and only kicking the Osteon, although there is a chance you miss with your kick and it survives another round.

Affi's up top where both the Osteons are undamaged, but..

Let's see, he can run to 2522 facing 2622 and one shot the Mad Dog with a very easy kick: 3 base + 1 heat + 2 ran + 1 target movement -1 cybernetics - 2 kick = 4.

Shooting, you could do PPC and AP gauss at the Osteon D's back on 8s and 6s I think: The PPC is 2 base + 2 ran + 2 enemy moved + 2 min range + 1 heat -1 cybernetics = 8.

You have a slightly better shot at the jumping Osteon C because it's not in your min range: 2 base + 2 ran + 3 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 7.

Actually scratch that, I think you have a better option to get all your weapons in to play: Run to 2024 facing 1925. A kick will one shot that Septicemia E, which is way way more dangerous than the Mad Dog since it's got double headcappers. Then you can use your PPC + AP gauss to shoot with no min range penalty at one of the 5 protos surrounding AJ_Impy and jng2058.

The hill in 2124 will also block the Osteon D and Mad Dog from shooting you, too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ah, my bad, I got my allies mixed up! Sorry about that.

It remains the case, though, that our kicks are sooo good that I've been trying to avoid shooting at an enemy I'm about to kick. If my kick connects, the shooting often will have been wasted. And there's no penalty for shooting at a different target from your physical attacks.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

Ferro-Lamellor only reduces damage while there's armor to hit, the Osteon takes full damage to structure (as reinforced structure merely doubles the structure's durability, it doesn't have a damage reduction component)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK cool, thanks PTN. So, yeah, any kick on the Osteon Prime on the lower level that connects, is gonna leg it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
:ducksiren: :ducksiren: :ducksiren:

I received a short-notice extension request, one of the players had something come up unexpectedly.

As such, orders will be pushed back to Midnight, Saturday 4/28 because I intend to livestream HBS's BattleTech pretty much all day on 4/25.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A week! :f5: OK well I guess that gives us lots of time to intricately plan our next moves.

I kickstarted that game, I wonder if I'll ever get my activation code.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I’ll be away all week next week :( can’t play :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That's fine, Affi, don't worry about it man. We can handle the delay. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Leperflesh posted:

A week! :f5: OK well I guess that gives us lots of time to intricately plan our next moves.

I kickstarted that game, I wonder if I'll ever get my activation code.

Steam codes for backers come out Monday.

• Locked thread