Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I for one will miss Mr Wenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
RIP wengy

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hoping Arsenal go after a manager that's proven himself in the Premier League, like Allardyce, Pardew or Moyes.

But seriously though, RIP, hopefully they give him a good send off

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
RIP wengy

I hope this comes with a well planned transition to a manager they’ve already basically hired on the quiet and it’s not going to be a comedy last day of the transfer window hiring of Alan Pardew

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

RIP wengy

I hope this comes with a well planned transition to a manager they’ve already basically hired on the quiet and it’s not going to be a comedy last day of the transfer window hiring of Alan Pardew

It's ancelotti, was sorted at the beginning of the year

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
It's Brodgers, it's nobody but Brodgers.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Feel strangely sad, RIPS Arsene.

Looking forward to that Fergie/Wenger rivalry years documentary next week.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

It's ancelotti, was sorted at the beginning of the year

Thoughts on this? I'm sure he'll be good but seems a bit short-termist...

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Ancellotti is only short term because he keeps getting sacked by poo poo house clubs

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I just won £20 from a guy in the office who was 100% convinced that Wenger had won the PL more than 3 times.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Manc Hill posted:

Thoughts on this? I'm sure he'll be good but seems a bit short-termist...

There absolutely needs to be some kind of transition manager given how integrated Wenger was with the club. Ancelotti isn't going to be thinking about staying on for 5-10 years but i think he'd be an excellent choice to come in and move the club on with a view to having someone younger come in when he decides he wants to go spend his fat stacks lying on a sunny beach

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
RIP Wenger you introduced us to crazy foreign concepts like maybe players shouldn’t survive on a diet of mars bars and lager and you were the only team to compete with United for a while and then you made lots of Arsenal fans have hilarious meltdowns over many years thanks thanks

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

c0burn posted:

RIP wengy

ffs

I'll have to change my name back to Banana Yaya

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Not gonna be good for Arsenal in the short term but then its probably not going to be an awful lot worse than this season either. Prepare for half a decade of wilderness at least imo.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Frank de Boer

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
what the gently caress.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

There absolutely needs to be some kind of transition manager given how integrated Wenger was with the club. Ancelotti isn't going to be thinking about staying on for 5-10 years but i think he'd be an excellent choice to come in and move the club on with a view to having someone younger come in when he decides he wants to go spend his fat stacks lying on a sunny beach

You're going to be "in transition" for the next decade.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

sassassin posted:

He's a doctor so he could probably avoid all the gatekeepers

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
poor bloke, he'll be dead within the year

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
So many memories... the most enduring one will be the photoshop with the jacket

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

oliwan posted:

Frank de Boer

hello frank

edit: sorry misread

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I feel like it's almost guaranteed that they win Europa now

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope Arsenal steal whoever was PSG’s first choice :twisted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Wow it actually happened. Probably the right move. Kinda want them to win the Europa league now.

Wenger has to be the longest serving manager in any if the top European leagues at this point, right?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

julian assflange posted:

I hope Arsenal steal whoever was PSG’s first choice :twisted:

Isn't that Tuchel?

I hope wenger goes to PSG then lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bring Arteta home

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

gently caress, they might actually get in a good manager and become good again.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
All of the "let's send Wenger out on a high note with the Europa League" is going to quickly change to "let's not send Wenger off with a loss" when we lose 3 games in a row to Atletico and Manutd.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's gonna be really funny when Arsenal get relegated next season and it turns out Wenger was the only thing holding the team together

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

All of the "let's send Wenger out on a high note with the Europa League" is going to quickly change to "let's not send Wenger off with a loss" when we lose 3 games in a row to Atletico and Manutd.

There's a ton of players in the squad who've just realised the automatic 6 figure a week contract renewal they were banking on in the summer isn't happening if they keep playing like they have been

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Ozil seems shrewd signing that big money contract to show up for 10 games a season

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

There's a ton of players in the squad who've just realised the automatic 6 figure a week contract renewal they were banking on in the summer isn't happening if they keep playing like they have been

Wilshere going to put pen to paper real fast

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

sassassin posted:

this. its not going to be pretty.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

he's...he's done it. I'm shocked....

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Arsenal should hire the most talented and in-demand young manager in Europe, Mauricio Pochettino.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Who will replace Arsenal in the top 6

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

What if it turns out Wengy wasn't spending Arsenal's vast cash reserves because he wanted the next manager to have it, and you killed him for it.

TheBigAristotle posted:

loving Wolves probably

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Burnley

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TheBigAristotle posted:

Wolves

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Wolves will need a whole new team to survive next season. Swansea reserves battered their first team in the FA Cup.

Championship is dogshit this season. Cardiff are second playing embarrassingly low quality hoofball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
RIP Wengy you were good and then you were bad

Can't believe it really happened

• Locked thread