Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

nice chapter. good stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i feel like the cake plotline was kind of a wash tbh

not a ton happened during this arc but some stuff did so its cool

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the cake plotline is how they escaped. if big mom hadn't followed the cake away, nobody could have gotten out alive and they'd all have died. it also saved the residents of the islands in big mom's territory

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Sooo, whose dying from this? Doesn't seem like Jinbei since he already survived once. Maybe Aladdin?

I can't even remember who was close to Big Mom. Judge?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

no one

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
So, are the many, many people here who insisted that Big Mom goes down this arc, wiih half the crew and almost no allies , willing to concede defeat? Hard not to gloat, but cmon how anyone thought that was going to be the case when the characters outright say they're going to run multiple times is beyond me

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Most of us conceded the point a year ago so good for you, champ

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Most of us conceded the point a year ago so good for you, champ

Nah they didn't. Was pretty consistent right up until the middle of the Katakuri fight

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Great chapter, I love One Piece :)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Asuron posted:

Nah they didn't. Was pretty consistent right up until the middle of the Katakuri fight

Well I obviously didn't care nor did I pay attention. Congrats on winning an argument on the internet, though.

Cat Machine posted:

Great chapter, I love One Piece :)

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
If you make a wrong prediction about One Piece you have to quit reading. 18 years down the drain... what a shame

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Let he who is without nanomachines cast the first stone.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Katakuri and Brûlée :3:

Also the picture of them all as kids is precious.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Jinbei's thing seems to be throwing up constant death flags that he somehow escapes, so I'm guessing that everyone in that alliance there dies except Jinbei, one of Sanji's sibblings (Probably not his sister) and a member or two from Capone's Gang, probably Chiffon and his first mate. They're basically fighting a full-power Yonko minus her first mate and best utility, but even without that there's no way that the Sun Pirates, Germa66, and Fire Tanks make it away without major casualties since Luffy was basically the strongest of the "Worst Generation" and barely edges out a win against a Yonko's first in command.

Asuron posted:

So, are the many, many people here who insisted that Big Mom goes down this arc, wiih half the crew and almost no allies , willing to concede defeat? Hard not to gloat, but cmon how anyone thought that was going to be the case when the characters outright say they're going to run multiple times is beyond me
I'll take them over the parrot troll telling us every chapter is literally the worst chapter ever for the past 5 years.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Apr 20, 2018

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Jinbei's thing seems to be throwing up constant death flags that he somehow escapes, so I'm guessing that everyone in that alliance there dies except Jinbei, one of Sanji's sibblings (Probably not his sister) and a member or two from Capone's Gang, probably Chiffon and his first mate.
Pretty sure the Firetanks already escaped

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Cat Machine posted:

Pretty sure the Firetanks already escaped
Either way his story is pretty much over, he served his purpose

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
It doesn't make sense for Jinbei after all this buildup, but the way that chapter went, I'm honestly a bit worried literally everyone left behind is going to die here offscreen.

That, or they're all going to be saved by Strawhat Brulee and hang out in mirror world for a couple years.

God drat, what an unbelievable arc that was. Save some drag during the great cake chase, I can't think of a single thing I'm dissatisfied with.

where is gangster gastino

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cran posted:

Next cover arc, guaranteed.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Didn't notice it at first but the cover page looks to be doing a Ghostbusters thing which is rad.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I like how Robin is just standing off to the side not doing anything on that cover.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I like how Robin is just standing off to the side not doing anything on that cover.
Pretty much all she's done since Skypedia tbh, other than the part where she was kidnapped, then went back to doing nothing but standing around.

I was so excited when she joined the crew because it was so exciting having a former enemy that had really broken powers join the crew and uhhhhhhhh one time she suplexed someone on a cloud and broke their neck I guess

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Well I obviously didn't care nor did I pay attention. Congrats on winning an argument on the internet, though.

Was in good fun dude,don't be sour. We still mock the nanomachine/ chimera theories and that was what, 7 years ago?Half the fun of those discussions is one side gets to be right in the end.

Cran posted:

It doesn't make sense for Jinbei after all this buildup, but the way that chapter went, I'm honestly a bit worried literally everyone left behind is going to die here offscreen.

That, or they're all going to be saved by Strawhat Brulee and hang out in mirror world for a couple years.

God drat, what an unbelievable arc that was. Save some drag during the great cake chase, I can't think of a single thing I'm dissatisfied with.

I'm just curious as to who those figures appearing in front of Germa with the scythes and whatnot were. Honestly though, how do they all get out of this. I don't think they can pull a Urogue and escape to a Sky Island so how do they escape?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the cerberus zoan is real no one mocks it

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Pretty much all she's done since Skypedia tbh, other than the part where she was kidnapped, then went back to doing nothing but standing around.

I was so excited when she joined the crew because it was so exciting having a former enemy that had really broken powers join the crew and uhhhhhhhh one time she suplexed someone on a cloud and broke their neck I guess

Robin has good screentime even if she barely ever gets fights, also her tanking the rain of spikes and bleeding afterwards was cool as heck, not everyone can be as cool/funny as Luffy/Zoro.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Next cover arc, guaranteed.

Only if the one after it gets to be Absalom being crushed under the mighty weight and power of :bignews:.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

What a chapter. What an arc. :allears:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oddium posted:

the cerberus zoan is real no one mocks it

im going to mock the cerberus zoan

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Robin has good screentime even if she barely ever gets fights, also her tanking the rain of spikes and bleeding afterwards was cool as heck, not everyone can be as cool/funny as Luffy/Zoro.
But compared to the other strawhats, she's basically bottom tier with Chopper who's still relevant because he's basically a mascot. Even in this arc, Nami has roped in a sentient thunder cloud as a power-up that would let her basically fly around too. Robin can teleport but she's still pretty frail otherwise. The other two combat-oriented Straw Hats that aren't in the monster tier are Franky and Brook who have both gone above and beyond so far. Franky will probably make huge upgrades to the ship in the future, Brook completed mission impossible and got rubbings of a polygylph. Robin is really only there to read them, she's become a plot device and not a character

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I think I landed on "risky"

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

My head cannon says Pudding only took the memory of the "last request" scene for her too keep as it's probably the last time the two of them meet. The panel composistion, Sanji's "What was your last request Pudding-Chan?" and the memories drawn on the film are my evidence.

Also lol at how hosed some thugs were scarring the face of one of Big Mom's children

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

My head cannon says Pudding only took the memory of the "last request" scene for her too keep as it's probably the last time the two of them meet. The panel composistion, Sanji's "What was your last request Pudding-Chan?" and the memories drawn on the film are my evidence.

Also lol at how hosed some thugs were scarring the face of one of Big Mom's children

Yeah, that seems like an appropriate sendoff for Pudding.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's super hosed up but now Katakuri is now the owner of the straw hat that originally belonged to Gold Roger, so you know Luffy and Dogtooth are going to HAVE to meet again. The only other time I remember Luffy taking it off and putting it on someone was all the way back when he put it on Nami before fighting Arlong.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That's Capone's hat. Luffy still has his straw hat, you see it on page 6 if you're reading on JB.

I really loved this chapter :unsmith:

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
There was a lot of stuff left hanging, but I think it's better to leave some stuff to the imagination than stretch it out, like Dressrosa.

Fave arc since Thriller Bark, easily.

Sad at no Jinbei or Carrot on the colorspread.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Oh Snapple! posted:

That's Capone's hat. Luffy still has his straw hat, you see it on page 6 if you're reading on JB.

People have been calling Capone's hat the straw hat since Luffy first put it on Katakuri and I have no idea how that keeps happening. They don't even look remotely similar.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Apr 20, 2018

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I loved how Carrot just kept petting Sanji while she was talking to him.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

RealFoxy posted:

I'll take them over the parrot troll telling us every chapter is literally the worst chapter ever for the past 5 years.

u are just genuinely making stuff up at this point

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Weird that next chapter usopp is going to wake up right after scaring sugar the first time and become god

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Pureauthor posted:

This is actually one of my favorite color spreads. All the gingerbread crew people are funny to me. Robin standing off to the side kung foo punching the air might actually be my favorite part.

RealFoxy posted:

tbp hasn't done that in years. There really isn't any point in holding it against him now. Also, just posting an opinion you disagree with doesn't make someone a troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dr Subterfuge posted:

tbp hasn't done that in years. There really isn't any point in holding it against him now. Also, just posting an opinion you disagree with doesn't make someone a troll.