Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Blue Star Error posted:

What if it turns out Wengy wasn't spending Arsenal's vast cash reserves because he wanted the next manager to have it, and you killed him for it.

He did spend it though. 85 million on Mustafi, Xhaka and Lucas Perez last summer. If we were getting these results without spending, Wenger would have had his contract renewed for another 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

sassassin posted:

Wolves will need a whole new team to survive next season.

They'll get it. Mendes will call in all his clients and they'll be annoyingly good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

He did spend it though. 85 million on Mustafi, Xhaka and Lucas Perez last summer. If we were getting these results without spending, Wenger would have had his contract renewed for another 4 years.

Hmmmm yes what a great use of 85m

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What’s Freddie Ljungberg up to? He’d probably be a good manager.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Bergkamp got ousted from Ajax last year as well, I recall... Don't know why people think Tuchel would be coming to Arsenal, they just hired Dortmund's old chief scout because he and Tuchel had a falling out

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I can’t believe Wenger actually walked.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Shrapnig posted:

I can’t believe Wenger actually walked.

May thread title?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

also like 100m on Lacazette and Aubameyang

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
No former players, please. None of them are even remotely qualified. These next couple of years are already going to be rougher than United's Moyes and Van Gaal years. I can't see any defensive manager being able to walk in and be immediately successful with the awful back line the club has right now. Really can't see any of the younger, in vogue managers being able to compete with Pep or Jose barring a "Jose's final year at Chelsea," level meltdown.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

sassassin posted:

Wolves will need a whole new team to survive next season. Swansea reserves battered their first team in the FA Cup.

Championship is dogshit this season. Cardiff are second playing embarrassingly low quality hoofball.

even weaker when swansea are in it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

curried lamb of God posted:

why would a manager leave one of the best cities in the world for London

Madrid is one of the best cities in the world?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
It had to happen, really. The club has been in a slow decline that has accelerated over the last couple years. Wenger hasn’t seemed to straightened out in acquiring players or figuring out his tactics for a couple years now.

I’m not particularly scared of a transition. It seems like people are assuming it will be bad because it happened to United. But United had won the league. Wenger is looking at finishing behind burnley and he’s lost the dressing room. It’s not even remotely similar circumstances.

Fortunately it seems like Arsenal have been preparing for this in acquiring Mislintat and that dude from Barca who definitely isn’t a sporting director.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

African AIDS cum posted:

Madrid is one of the best cities in the world?

unless you're an incel who hates good food, then yes

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

vyelkin posted:

also like 100m on Lacazette and Aubameyang

Ahhhh I totally forgot Aubameyang went to Arsenal.. Has he done anything since being there?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CyberPingu posted:

Ahhhh I totally forgot Aubameyang went to Arsenal.. Has he done anything since being there?

He’s looked quite good.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

curried lamb of God posted:

unless you're an incel who hates good food, then yes

What is an “incel”

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

What is an “incel”

Look in the mirror

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

African AIDS cum posted:

What is an “incel”

involuntary celibate and I’m not signing my posts

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hmm I have never heard good things about Madrid i thought it was a landlocked industrial city like Milan or Pittsburgh but I didnt study abroad in spain for a semester

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

involuntary celibate and I’m not signing my posts

well played

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
madrid is cool

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
im glad hes walking it is important for the elderly to stay active

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Wenger should manage the US

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i have no idea if patrick viera is a good coach or not but they should hire him

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've never been to Madrid, but I suppose it sucks like Paris

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy poo poo

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Milan actually kind of owns, though it's definitely the worst Italian city I've visited. Haven't been to Madrid.

So who would be a decent manager for Arsenal?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Madrid was cooler than Barcelona overall imo.

Bye bye Wenger.

The in transition for a decade makes me laugh. It will all depend who they pick to manage and how much of a transfer budget they get, loving duh.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Wengy posted:

Milan actually kind of owns, though it's definitely the worst Italian city I've visited.

Yeah, Milan is a decent city all things considered. It’s not amazing and it’s also not a hell hole.

Gazidis is going to have a press conference in an hour or two. Wonder if he’ll announce the new manager.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah, Milan is a decent city all things considered. It’s not amazing and it’s also not a hell hole.

Gazidis is going to have a press conference in an hour or two. Wonder if he’ll announce the new manager.

Yeah my suspicion is that Wengy's announcement was made because they've just agreed to terms with his replacement

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Fun fact while we wait for Alan Pardew to be announced as the new Arsenal manager: Milan used to be a Swiss protectorate. Would take them back in a heartbeat!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Whenever I went to Milan all the Italians were like, “Ah, it sucks that the first place you’re going to in Italy is Milan.”

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Some good espresso machine manufacturers in Milan tbf

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Milan is a shithole compared to every other Italian city TBF, just ask our naughty mod.

Madrid, on the other hand, is cool and good.

tl;dr Godspeed Arsène

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Wenger has been grooming Bould all this time. Looks like he's finally ready to take the reins.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Wengy :(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
As a vacation destination, yes, Milano is much worse than the other big cities in Italy. As a place to live it's good. Transit good, lots to do, food good, easy access to other much nicer places. Torino is a thousand times worse imo.

Anyway who is the longest tenured manager in the PL now and do they even have 5 years?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Wengy posted:

Fun fact while we wait for Alan Pardew to be announced as the new Arsenal manager: Milan used to be a Swiss protectorate. Would take them back in a heartbeat!

Actually give us Lugano instead.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

As a vacation destination, yes, Milano is much worse than the other big cities in Italy. As a place to live it's good. Transit good, lots to do, food good, easy access to other much nicer places. Torino is a thousand times worse imo.

Anyway who is the longest tenured manager in the PL now and do they even have 5 years?

Has to be Dyche. Been with Burnley since 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

The fact that it was a good place to live is probably why I liked it so much when I visited, I'd go back again. The drivers are the craziest I've ever seen in my entire life though.

• Locked thread