Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Is Jake any good

No it’s canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Does Orlandeau's DR need to be +2 to chain with Fryevia's FFB?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Nope, Orlandu's DR has the same frames regardless of upgrades. Agrias's DR at +2 has the same frames as Orlandu's, and so does Fryevia's FFB at +2 (maybe +1? Gonna want to make it +2 anyway.)

So if you're doing a 10 man trial, you can perfect chain with Orlandu, Dark Veritas, enhanced Agrias and enhanced Fryevia.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

That's good, because I'm still working on collection the Crystals for Landy.

What skill of DV chains with DR? I just recently got him.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I don't have him myself, but I'm 95% sure it's Dark Punishment at 6* 100. The animation for it is basically an inverse DR with dark orbs flying up from the bottom of the screen.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm thinking of going DV + Fry as my offensive team but god drat is DVs break expensive. Which Fry's second intention enhancement actually went to her break and also have it break MAG too.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 19, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I have Orlandu, DV, and Fryevia(x3) for DR chains and at least one ice katana TM. Really hope Fryevia gets a nice TDH build as a 7* unit but unless she focuses on physical damage at that point I'm not sure the gear will exist for her to use TDH as a magic-heavy hybrid unit? :shrug:

...I wonder if a pair of enhanced Fryevias can one-round the robot now. Assuming they couldn't do so already.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'm thinking of going DV + Fry as my offensive team but god drat is DVs break expensive. Which Fry's second intention enhancement actually went to her break and also have it break MAG too.

^^^

I’m in the same boat, though I have Roy and he’s a heck of a battery so it doesn’t hurt too much. I do agree on wishing the break became crush weapon, but DV’s kit is still very nice with dark resist and DR buffs.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I have Orlandu, DV, and Fryevia(x3) for DR chains and at least one ice katana TM. Really hope Fryevia gets a nice TDH build as a 7* unit but unless she focuses on physical damage at that point I'm not sure the gear will exist for her to use TDH as a magic-heavy hybrid unit? :shrug:

...I wonder if a pair of enhanced Fryevias can one-round the robot now. Assuming they couldn't do so already.

Yeah she basically turns into a physical TDH unit which uses her own TM. Dark Robe or swimsuit is better than Cloud’s chest piece, but otherwise she’d be built like cloud. The magic DH materia is basically a little worse thanthe same as L&A unless you go full on magic gear, but that is less overall stats.

If my napkin math is right you end up around 1050 atk/mag with adv5, buster form, 2xLA, gloves, swimsuit and prishe’s hat, and since hybrid averages your damage, that’s a pretty mediocre average total. I don’t know how much of a multiplier bump you’d need in order to overcome 500~ points of stat difference but considering it’s exponential growth, I’m going to guess “a lot”

Ugato fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 19, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8dhct9/the_perfect_farmer_xon/

Guide to building a story event farming Xon that can cover just about all missions in one unit. Needs the new Phoenix esper though...

Right hand: Lumiere
Left hand: LightBringer
Helm: Frozen Crown
Body: Butlers Uniform
Accessory: Great Raven's Cape
Accessory: Pod 153
Materia: Bio Blade
Materia: Stonra Blade
Materia: Blizzara Blade
Materia: Dual Wield

quote:

Just one small note, his helm and armor are purely optional. I went frozen crown because I wasn't using it and the hp is nice. I went Butlers uniform because Xon is here to serve you. :D

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Need seven more Black giancrysts for FFB +2 on my Fryevia. :(

Ran Extra Stage 1 twice. Got Healing and White giancrysts. :( :(

Edit: re Xon: he really turned out to be a handy little versatile unit, didn't he?

werdnam fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 20, 2018

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I'm still not entirely sure how drips work in this game, but upgrading Xon's Master Thief won't reduce the number of rare drops you get, will it? Will the increased common drops take the place of the rare ones?

Also, what's the sweet spot for the number of drop boosting abilities/items on your team?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Which would be more useful: a Trance Terra with 1100 MAG, an Orlandeu with close to 1100 ATK, or Fryevia with... I dunno. Whatever she would get from cannibalizing Trance Terra's equipment?

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Which would be more useful: a Trance Terra with 1100 MAG, an Orlandeu with close to 1100 ATK, or Fryevia with... I dunno. Whatever she would get from cannibalizing Trance Terra's equipment?

I say you stay my TT buddy forever.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
so do I need to finally farm 4x Letters and Arms plus Fry's TM?

I have her enhanced (and O and DV) so it would be fun to use her but I have nothing set up to do so.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

I have her enhanced (and O and DV) so it would be fun to use her but I have nothing set up to do so.

Yeah, it might be time.

Kjermzs posted:

I say you stay my TT buddy forever.

King Mog event is over, back up she goes.

---

Question: can Y'shtola cast Benediction on herself? The upgraded version restored 25% MP...

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cobalt60 posted:

You don't actually need four, likely only two.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

You don't actually need four, likely only two.

Unmatched Wizardry was a "free" one from a while back that's better. Not now, but when 7* hits.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Wow, first summon for the 14 banner gets me Y'sh and Best Potato.

Finally a 5* healer that isn't considered complete crap, I hope?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
There are some 4* healers that are better than her with enhancements like Luka. Also I think Aria is better than her if you have Dualcast. If you don't have Dualcast, she comes with it innate so she has that going for her.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All 3 xenogears units are really loving good to the point that famitsu rated the lowest of them higher than the previously highest rated unit, Lorraine. Altema also has Elly and Fei above most units and Bart at a very good 97. So yeah better start hoping we get that banner.

They also did something different with the banner. There are no boosted rates, instead every 10+1 pull gives you a ticket, 5 of those gets you a xenogears 5* unit of your choice. There are 2 tickets in the raid rewards, so you need 15k lapis to guarantee the unit you want. This has advantages and disadvantages over the previous system. Since only Xeno 5*s can come out the tickets will fill in the extra rainbow to guarantee the 7* you might pull from those 10+1. But without boosted rates the odds of pulling a single rainbow from those 10+1 is lower than with a step up.

Having a nice ticket buffer and 15k lapis will probably guarantee you a 7* though, you just might not get the one you want.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Having a nice ticket buffer and 15k lapis will probably guarantee you a 7* though, you just might not get the one you want.

It's a rotating single character banner with a final last chance with all three, so you really kind of can cherry pick.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The banners do not guarantee that you will only pull that particular unit. You can still pull Elly or Bart from the fei banner, just at a reduced rate

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The banners do not guarantee that you will only pull that particular unit. You can still pull Elly or Bart from the fei banner, just at a reduced rate

Wow, that's garbage

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Oh the grin on my face when I hopped on and saw almost all friends had Fryevia up.

FYI FFB+1 still works to melt this raid.

I was +1 with Orlandu
I was +1 with Aileen (now +2!!!)
I am +1 with Fryevia

I hope whoever I triggered in Discord understands the pattern.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

For anyone who's not familiar with FFXIV's music, do yourself a favor and turn the volume on during the Garuda raid.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
With the Fry-Fever on full blast, is the best shared Orlandeau built off a Save the Queen (FFIX)+ Hyomonto setup?

Open to any suggestions...

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
so how overdue on this raid are we? garuda feels exceptionally weak on ELT and the raid gacha rewards a step back from the last few.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

new kind of cat posted:

so how overdue on this raid are we? garuda feels exceptionally weak on ELT and the raid gacha rewards a step back from the last few.

Months now, maybe four or so.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do raid bosses ever get tougher? They’ve been 4M hps I think forever.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
the past few raid bosses seemed to hit harder if they for whatever reason weren’t dead after the first round

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You cross too many thresholds and you get blasted by like 10 attacks

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cobalt60 posted:

With the Fry-Fever on full blast, is the best shared Orlandeau built off a Save the Queen (FFIX)+ Hyomonto setup?

Open to any suggestions...

This is better than a second Fry in almost every case, so probably so. Don’t think StQ(9) or beastlord is required necessarily but I think you want to be at least above 1150 atk - then Cid starts being more overall damage contribution.

E: for a well geared fry (700a/1000m) 1200 is Cid’s breakpoint.

It’s actually easier to just list the total and compare because it doesn’t matter which stat is what unless you’re going into a fight which specifically has less of one stat or the other. For the purposes of our raid fight, 1700(atk+mag) Fry is equivalent to a 1200 atk Cid. 1600 Fry is 1120~ Cid and so on. It’s roughly a 1.42:1 ratio Fry:Cid. So if you are tipping the scales in either direction by swapping, you should do that.

Note: this is not factoring in imperil. You’re always going to want to have a Fry if possible because 75% imperil is amazing.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 20, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I remember Bahamut, Titan and Ifrit being way harder, but the metas were considerably different. I think Ifrit and maybe Titan were Barrage meta...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

I remember Bahamut, Titan and Ifrit being way harder, but the metas were considerably different. I think Ifrit and maybe Titan were Barrage meta...

Ifrit was Noctis/Olive meta. For titan we were into the chaining meta(we had Cid, fry, and Aileen for that one).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This is a tip for newer players, most of you know this already.

Minfilila and Y'shtola are GREAT support units for newer players. Y'shtola is a dualcast red mage (wind/earth/rez/healing) who, when enhanced, is also a mana battery with +25% MP regain to a single target. Minfilia is a great buffer/green mage with a heal counterattack locked behind her exclusive materia. You'll get enough copies of the FFiV characters's TMRs to get some nice free abilities, and more than enough free equipment to gear them decently The other three characters are okay and may fit into your team, but aren't as no-brainer solid as Y'shtola and Minfiila.

For free units, they really fill in some roles quite well. and hey, Y'shtola's a rainbow, and you'll probably draw her. Rainbows make people feel good.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hagie posted:

TGC dropped in the middle of the Ifrit raid so I blasted the hell out of him the second week.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hagie posted:

True Titan was the hard part, we had no cover units because Warrior of Light was late/Titan was early, and True Titan... well....

TUMULT TUMULT TUMULT TUMULT TUMULT TUMULT TUMULT TUMULT

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0EWdGU86Gc

Don't forget trying to time thresholds with landslides so you wouldn't lose characters for the rest of the fight! Or if you did use Golem on DPS for Stone Killer and watched Cover proc all the loving time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Scrublord Prime posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0EWdGU86Gc

Don't forget trying to time thresholds with landslides so you wouldn't lose characters for the rest of the fight! Or if you did use Golem on DPS for Stone Killer and watched Cover proc all the loving time!

Didn't even need Golem for that, my main dps back then was two Setzers who had a habit of jumping in front of women.

• Locked thread