Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he meant concept (sanctuary city "concept").

the article's stupid though. he's not saying undocumented immigrants "breed" in sanctuary cities. it's racist because he's saying that providing sanctuary to undocumented immigrants means you're providing sanctuary to a criminal element.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/chapotraphouse/status/986734947288387588?s=21

Any guesses?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Your mom

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

not sure but it looks like a graveyard smash!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President of the DSA?

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

don't play with my hopes and dreams, mr chapo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bernie, duh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My guess would be Jesse Farrar

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Noah Berlatsky

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

finally Terre Haute's Reid Gimball is getting the platform he deserves

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It's gotta be Jeet

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Jeet is good again

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Daniel Bryan finally in the trap

Hosie
Mar 21, 2008
https://www.reddit.com/r/ChapoTrapHouse/comments/8da1zw/episode_203_cumfinity_war_feat_nick_mullen_and/

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
i wanna say virgil dropped a "dm me" to dan harmon in a twitter thread a month or so ago, so that's my guess as to who the mystery guest is

that's going to be a fascinating and weird episode if true

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

jonny favstar finally stopped dodging virgil

lol of course not the real special guest is the truth about syria

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/986444883941474304

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Finally they got an interview with the Noid

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Nagle is good again.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Ahahahaha oh no the surprise guest :can:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Ahahahaha oh no the surprise guest :can:

I've never heard of the War Nerd, what did he do?

vvv OK, I've read The Divide but never heard of the Exile, anyone have the receipts? vvv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 19, 2018

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gynocentric Regime posted:

He wrote for The Exile, the satirical publication of Matt Taibbi and Mark Ames in Russia, and currently co-hosts a podcast about war with Ames.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

vvv OK, I've read The Divide but never heard of the Exile, anyone have the receipts? vvv

hope joe doesn't mind me quoting him from the other, faster chapo thread

Joementum posted:

it's all been sorted now. the guardian was forced by taibbi to issue a retraction and their old publisher put out a clarification that the book was fiction.

people can still be mad if they want that those two guys did a ton of blow in moscow and wrote a gross book where they ripped off hunter thompson's rape/abortion story from fear and loathing in las vegas, but that's about it.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Dolan has done some questionable poo poo, whether that's actually all the awful stuff in the book or just fabrication. His story about running an amphetamine lab is really goddamned funny though (he chickened out) and I have a feeling he's the type to make that poo poo up. Either way he seems to have grown up and his podcast is really loving good and I'm excited to hear this episode.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The background is that The Exile was a satirical newspaper in Russia mostly in the 90s that made fun of Yeltsin and the oligarchs and the American expats who came over to turn the country into a neoliberal hellhole. They did stuff like have Taibbi throw a pie filled with horse semen at a member of the Duma. John Dolan was their poetry columnist and wrote another column as a barely fake personality named Gary Brecher, the War Nerd, a southern California conservative who read too many Janes books.

Ames and Taibbi wrote a book version of The Exile which was mostly satirical stuff about how much expats suck. Part of the book rips off the second half of Fear and Loathing and describes an episode where they rape a child prostitute and force her to have an abortion. The book also includes obviously fake quotes from the US ambassador saying he'd like to kill every American in Russia, among other things, but the front page where they list the ISBN info and other stuff included a note from the publisher labelling the whole thing as non-fiction.

Since its publication, the parts of the book with the rape thing have been taken out of context to attack Taibbi and Ames, most recently on the day before Taibbi's book tour started. The writing really is gross and Taibbi has apologized for it while blaming Ames for writing it. Ames has defended the whole thing as satire. So that's the whole backstory and you can decide whether to care about any of it.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Joementum posted:

The background is that The Exile was a satirical newspaper in Russia mostly in the 90s that made fun of Yeltsin and the oligarchs and the American expats who came over to turn the country into a neoliberal hellhole. They did stuff like have Taibbi throw a pie filled with horse semen at a member of the Duma. John Dolan was their poetry columnist and wrote another column as a barely fake personality named Gary Brecher, the War Nerd, a southern California conservative who read too many Janes books.

Ames and Taibbi wrote a book version of The Exile which was mostly satirical stuff about how much expats suck. Part of the book rips off the second half of Fear and Loathing and describes an episode where they rape a child prostitute and force her to have an abortion. The book also includes obviously fake quotes from the US ambassador saying he'd like to kill every American in Russia, among other things, but the front page where they list the ISBN info and other stuff included a note from the publisher labelling the whole thing as non-fiction.

Since its publication, the parts of the book with the rape thing have been taken out of context to attack Taibbi and Ames, most recently on the day before Taibbi's book tour started. The writing really is gross and Taibbi has apologized for it while blaming Ames for writing it. Ames has defended the whole thing as satire. So that's the whole backstory and you can decide whether to care about any of it.

Thanks for the concise summary, much obliged! :)

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Joementum posted:

minor correction: the horse semen pie was for the nytimes moscow bureau chief

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Joementum posted:

Since its publication, the parts of the book with the rape thing have been taken out of context to attack Taibbi and Ames, most recently on the day before Taibbi's book tour started.

If anyone skipped it because of the mudslinging at the time, "I Can't Breathe" is a great book that more people should have read.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Just a quick question but what show is it where Virgil keeps saying "God's Plan" after everything to annoy Matt?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

oh so all spectrum boys look the same huh you fuckin ableist

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Just a quick question but what show is it where Virgil keeps saying "God's Plan" after everything to annoy Matt?

my man can't even tell virgil from felix

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Serf posted:

my man can't even tell virgil from felix
For some reason I thought it was Virgil. Either way I can't remember which show it was.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
ep 192

good ep

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
An upset person wrote a Twitter thread:
https://twitter.com/Amanda_Kerri/status/987201584449900549?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

who cares

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Having a normal one

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Funny how many people you see with comedian in their twitter bio that don't make a single joke and take everything seriously to an insane degree

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

They are so mad and jealous they aren't making chapo money and it's really loving obvious. Their stupid thread basically is showing how the chapo guys didn't "earn" it and aren't giving back enough in the specific ways she wants them to.

Literally in the middle of the chapo rant

https://twitter.com/Amanda_Kerri/status/987216515220037632

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheBigAristotle posted:

Funny how many people you see with comedian in their twitter bio that don't make a single joke and take everything seriously to an insane degree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkV5l3yBA3U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

where's the lie