Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I really want to play SSO and push it to the extreme with stupidly gimmicky stuff like installing multiple faceup agendas just to slam 5 or 6 tokens on one piece of ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I got 1 inf left in my Wu deck. What should I slap into it? Stimhack? PIOT? Emp Strike is out due to Mopus.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

kinda hard to say without a list

blindidiotgod
Jan 9, 2005

AgentF posted:

I got 1 inf left in my Wu deck. What should I slap into it? Stimhack? PIOT? Emp Strike is out due to Mopus.

Stimhack's never a bad include. Slam that scoring window shut for the low cost of a brain.

Dull Fork
Mar 22, 2009

AgentF posted:

Absolutely stimhack. Its just about the best meta-agnostic include in any deck that doesn't know what to spend its last influence.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

you don't have to spend all your influence...

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Machai posted:

you don't have to spend all your influence...

You don't have to, but it's generally a good idea because going out of faction for one card gives you a little more value in terms of flexibility.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I think you can use stimhack credits to install stuff from street peddler and SMC during the ring, right? That's another reason to rock it.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

vandalism posted:

I think you can use stimhack credits to install stuff from street peddler and SMC during the ring, right? That's another reason to rock it.

Yep. T1 "SMC -> Stimhack -> get mopus out for 1 Brain Damage and get a value access on a central" is the dream line of play for most green decks.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Stimhack is such a cool card. My kitchen-table crew kept pulling it out of their decks because the brain damage scared them off, until I pointed out that since I don't run trap-heavy Jinteki decks or anything in casual games they're not in the habit of keeping their grip full anyway.

e: DatD is finally out today. I like Endless EULA because it makes me smile even though it looks kinda pants.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 5, 2018

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The brain damage is practically a non-issue anyways, since most of the time it's best used by saving it until game point and the corp thinks they have a scoring window, then SURPRISE

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

food court bailiff posted:

Stimhack is such a cool card. My kitchen-table crew kept pulling it out of their decks because the brain damage scared them off, until I pointed out that since I don't run trap-heavy Jinteki decks or anything in casual games they're not in the habit of keeping their grip full anyway.

e: DatD is finally out today. I like Endless EULA because it makes me smile even though it looks kinda pants.

no idea what being pants means but I think Endless EULA looks pretty strong

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

It's strong in the current meta (at least by me, there's a lot of Ankusa and Paperclip fracters - both of which break this for more or equal to what it costs to pay past) but if you have decent econ six to break is really nothing. Morning Star is probably a lot better now if people start slotting in Endless EULA.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Sorry for the double post but is there any way to get Tapwrm to be worth the Restricted slot without also running Sacrificial Constructs? I'm running up against influence limits really hard in this Kenma deck I keep foolishly trying to play in a post-AzMari world.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

You can kinda just rely on them as being a tempo hit to the corp if you want to play aggressively, but you'd probably get more value out of employee strike if that's all you want them for.

blindidiotgod
Jan 9, 2005

NZ Nats and the current Titan deck doing the rounds making a value Utopia Shard worth the include.

Use an Atlas counter? Maybe i'll just dump that agenda you pulled.
Get tagged? Maybe that punishment will go in the bin.
Think they're going to combo out? Maybe that combo gets wiped.
Too much ice, or any at all? Maybe it'll go in the bin too.

Utopia Shard or Stimhack #3 - the endless debate.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I've got a cache refresh event coming up next week. Any deck suggestions or requests, open to ideas!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Do you want my seidr list that is oppressive as gently caress until they play estrike and win instantly? You'll never get to play Ronald 5 anywhere else!

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Do you want my seidr list that is oppressive as gently caress until they play estrike and win instantly? You'll never get to play Ronald 5 anywhere else!

Does it use vikram? That new 2 strength 2 etr 2 click to bypass ice would be good too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I've got a cache refresh event coming up next week. Any deck suggestions or requests, open to ideas!

Same.

I'm honestly totally clueless right now. I picked up TD today and I'm tempted to just buy two random new data packs and see what I can cobble together.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
There's no Film Critic in Cache Refresh, ergo I had this for NZ Nationals: https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/1108337

My Runner was just an Emergent Monolith pile I was going to play for laffs, but I ended up on stream day 2 so never actually played Cache Refresh. It was won by a Hivemind Val (Aumakua is a Good Card and no Cyberdex in the format) but I never saw the actual list.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
So if I were about to play TD for the first time, as Corp, is one faction clearly more fun than the other? I don't mean more powerful, but "more likely to lead to fun/interesting games". I'm guessing Seidr will be more fun than Skorp since Skorp's ability is so binary, but happy to be told I'm wrong!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Just don't pick Scorp if they're on Steve. I still can't believe they printed a Jesminder/Argus level hard counter ID in a sealed pool product.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

I cannot concieve how miserable TD would be for the runner if you used Skorpios. I'm playing it was my partner at the moment and it's pretty good with the HB Id, she is playing as Steve. So far it has been fairly even, using the TD plus core suggested decks.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Thanks. Since Seidr's ability doesn't specify "reveal" then I guess I show them if the card was face up in archives but not if it was face down?

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Just don't pick Scorp if they're on Steve. I still can't believe they printed a Jesminder/Argus level hard counter ID in a sealed pool product.

Yeah I picked Skorpios and my opponent picked Steve and he won a single game in the whole campaign.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I played my first game in years and I'm seriously Amped Up. I forgot what a rush this game is. Zorajit don't read the rest of this.

So I went with Order & Chaos, Down the White Nile, and Council of the Crest for my Cache Refresh packs. I'm pretty happy with my Titan deck, FA is as good as it ever was. 3x Illegal Arms Cache may be overkill? However I think the Kim deck I built might be way too heavy to run right. This limited card pool stuff is tough. No Corroder is tough. Game is tough. Let me know if there are improvements you'd make to this, I think cash flow might be my biggest issue.

Cache Refresh Runner

Edward Kim: Humanity's Hammer (Order and Chaos)

Event (13)
3x Day Job (Order and Chaos)
2x Forked (Order and Chaos)
3x I've Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
1x Special Order (Revised Core Set) [color=#4169E1]●●[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Revised Core Set)
1x The Maker's Eye (Revised Core Set) [color=#32CD32]●●[/color]

Hardware (11)
3x Acacia (Down the White Nile)
3x Cyberfeeder (Revised Core Set)
2x Friday Chip (Council of the Crest)
1x HQ Interface (Revised Core Set) [color=#4169E1]●●[/color]
2x MemStrips (Order and Chaos)

Resource (8)
3x Liberated Account (Revised Core Set)
3x Sacrificial Construct (Revised Core Set) [color=#32CD32]●●●[/color]
2x Virus Breeding Ground (Order and Chaos)

Icebreaker (6)
2x Gordian Blade (Revised Core Set) [color=#32CD32]●●●●● ●[/color]
2x Mimic (Revised Core Set)
2x Morning Star (Revised Core Set)

Program (7)
3x Datasucker (Revised Core Set)
2x eXer (Council of the Crest)
2x Imp (Revised Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Council of the Crest

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I haven't read it, but look forward to being beaten by it tomorrow

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AgentF posted:

Yeah I picked Skorpios and my opponent picked Steve and he won a single game in the whole campaign.

I was Steve and this exactly happened to me.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Talked about this in person on Tuesday, but for the thread, some thoughts on Cache Refresh.

I like the format, and I want to keep tooling around with the decks I've got. I was on Obokata / NGO Front out of Harmony, but I think I'm going to move it into Tenin. I had intended to be on 419 Aumakua but didn't have the pack in time so I ended up on CT No Tricks. 419 has a very clean tool set right now and I think is well positioned to counter Obokata Front if played well. Hopefully we can expand out playgroup and get some more games in.

As for Cache Refresh itself, I appreciate the much faster rotation and smaller card pool although it's counter-intuitively made re-approaching the game a challenge for a friend that has an old cardpool. There are some complications with the rules as specified by http://www.cache-refresh.info/. Most importantly, RAW allow exactly 1 Revised Core Set which is a chore to check against in deck building tools (no tools currently support Cache Refresh to my knowledge.) Besides this, there are a surprising number of 1-of's and 2-of's in Core. Because of the availability of deck builders, I'm in favor of allowing 3xCore for simplicity and consistency with other cards, but I do respect the other side that those restrictions are important. Also of note, players can use different Deluxe Expansions for Runner and Corp, which should probably be highlighted, I built mine from a single Deluxe for both sides which I wouldn't recommend. While we didn't have players enough to break out into rounds, Cache Refresh's Best-of-One and Bidding For Sides weren't even brought up, which I'm fine with -- those rules seem to exist for the sake of using it as a quick side event.

If there's positive interest, I'll consider arranging another Jinteki League for this rule set.

GladRagKraken
Mar 27, 2010
Have you folks been playing with the modded format? One revised core, most recent cycle only. We played some at our shop this week and it's really quite good. Our hope is that the drastically reduced price of buy in will help us attract new players, but it honestly I found it to be just as good as the cache refresh format.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

SSO is a very good ID and I don't think people really are taking full advantage of it yet. I had a BoN deck that never ever won, I swapped out the agenda suite to add some publics and swapped in SSO for the ID and it's kind of beastly.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

SSO is a very good ID and I don't think people really are taking full advantage of it yet. I had a BoN deck that never ever won, I swapped out the agenda suite to add some publics and swapped in SSO for the ID and it's kind of beastly.
This is only because Smoke has fallen out of favor. Beefy, multisub ICE isn't scary for stealth rigs.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

It doesn't even need to be multi-sub, though. With two Hollywood Renovations out you can toss down a Fire Wall and instantly turn it into a strength 11 ETR that you rez for 5 - that's 7 to break with Blackstone and two of those are Stealth creds. Then you can pump it further on subsequent turns with the Hollywood Renovations' effects themselves - just one more token brings it to 12 strength which forces a Blackstone rig to spend 10, 3 of which are stealth. You can rez Asteroid Belt for free on the runner's first turn if you have even one public 5/3 out - that's 4 creds to Blackstone through. Plus, the parenthetical effects on a lot of Wonder ice are going to absolutely wreck a Smoke style deck, since they often don't have much in the way of heap recursion (unless I'm wrong there - like you pointed out Smoke isn't super big in the meta).

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

It doesn't even need to be multi-sub, though. With two Hollywood Renovations out you can toss down a Fire Wall and instantly turn it into a strength 11 ETR that you rez for 5 - that's 7 to break with Blackstone and two of those are Stealth creds. Then you can pump it further on subsequent turns with the Hollywood Renovations' effects themselves - just one more token brings it to 12 strength which forces a Blackstone rig to spend 10, 3 of which are stealth. You can rez Asteroid Belt for free on the runner's first turn if you have even one public 5/3 out - that's 4 creds to Blackstone through. Plus, the parenthetical effects on a lot of Wonder ice are going to absolutely wreck a Smoke style deck, since they often don't have much in the way of heap recursion (unless I'm wrong there - like you pointed out Smoke isn't super big in the meta).

Smoke doesn't play a stealth fracter.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

What then, Paperclip? That's still like 7 + the install cost just to break one Fire Wall at 3 tokens, I don't see how that's better. What am I missing?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Shaper Econ involves sitting for multiple turns clicking Opus and waiting for the corp player to fall asleep so they can secretly look through R&D and take the winning agendas out, then wake up the opponent and tell them they've won. Money for using the best fracter in the game isn't a problem for them, and honestly isn't a problem for any faction (outside of most criminal IDs :( )

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Paperclip really is a problem and although not quite as bad as yog making 40%of all code gates unplayable, has really hampered the ability to use barriers and it definitely feels like the current generation of ICE is designed with clippy in mind.

I legitimately think the game would be much more interesting with clippy banned (not restricted)

Wasn't the original argument for Lady being mwl that it was *just* a little too good? And now clippy blows that out of the water

blindidiotgod
Jan 9, 2005

I have a pet theory that SSO will herald in a new Crim tricks meta of Inside Jobs, Spear Phishing and other funky tools. One beasty piece of ice doesn't mean anything when you bypass it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Hope y’all saw the couple minutes of anr action on Billions last night