Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zotix posted:

So since there seems to be some interest, which alliance should we make the high level super try hard alliance?

Probably need to specify whether it's beta or launch players too, even though they can be in the same alliance there is still typically quite a gap in team power between the two groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm a launch player, so I'll say it's going to include launch players not just beta.

This is mainly to make the most out of raids with people who are willing to follow specific stats to get the most out of the rewards.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Catman's Shameful Secret folk - we have enough energy for the lvl 2 raid but I didn't want to light the fuse until I knew we were all on the same page.

Edit: gently caress it, its going! :getin:

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 20, 2018

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Suprfli6 posted:

Probably need to specify whether it's beta or launch players too, even though they can be in the same alliance there is still typically quite a gap in team power between the two groups.

In a perfect world, I'd like there to be tiers of alliances. Like, I want to be in a group which raids frequently and everyone pulls their weight - but I don't think my team is efficient enough for me to take a spot among the try-hards. My big failing with this game is that I get shinny new guys and then invest too much stuff into them so that I can try them out in a few blitzes :/

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah, we just launched ours.

:siren: Log in if you haven't; there's 600 keys in your mailbox and that might be what your alliance needs to push it over.

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

In a perfect world, I'd like there to be tiers of alliances. Like, I want to be in a group which raids frequently and everyone pulls their weight - but I don't think my team is efficient enough for me to take a spot among the try-hards. My big failing with this game is that I get shinny new guys and then invest too much stuff into them so that I can try them out in a few blitzes :/

I wouldn't be too worried about that, there's plenty of low level nodes that always seem to get ignored. As long as those were getting done I don't care how much total damage you can do.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

And even though raids do give more rewards to higher damage people, the differences generally are pretty small while the 30/60/100% tiers are big jumps which I think does a good job of incentivizing teamwork.

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

And even though raids do give more rewards to higher damage people, the differences generally are pretty small while the 30/60/100% tiers are big jumps which I think does a good job of incentivizing teamwork.

Yeah and I'd much rather raid with someone who communicates and plans rather than just jumping in and doing the opposite of what I was just asking them to do.
If one isn't made by then, I'll make a raid guild after I get my Thanos rewards tomorrow.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I had uninstalled/reinstalled a few times until I tried to restart my phone...then I'M BACK IN THE GAME!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Kowak posted:

Yeah and I'd much rather raid with someone who communicates and plans rather than just jumping in and doing the opposite of what I was just asking them to do.
If one isn't made by then, I'll make a raid guild after I get my Thanos rewards tomorrow.

Please, if you want to take the lead it would be great. Also getting our own discord channel in one of the two discord would be a fantastic start. Better to get going on this now rather than waiting for alliance wars.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

It's a good thing the cash shop in this game is absolute garbage or I might end up spending money on it. I missed the Cap for $10 deal and keep hoping I'll see something similar but I get nothing but terrible offers for exp chips and orbs.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

It's a good thing the cash shop in this game is absolute garbage or I might end up spending money on it. I missed the Cap for $10 deal and keep hoping I'll see something similar but I get nothing but terrible offers for exp chips and orbs.

Yeah I wanted to drop maybe 5-10 bucks on this game but like everything is a lootbox. Just let me buy something I want instead of a chance at something I want

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just wanna say that the campaign difficulty changes hosed and players who didn't go hard from beta and/or day 1
I finally got around going back to the villain campaign and even with Tier 7 lvl 45 Yondu, Crossbones + Elektra poo poo is bullshit rough
They need to have an elite mode and not lock people out of content so quick

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Just wanna say that the campaign difficulty changes hosed and players who didn't go hard from beta and/or day 1
I finally got around going back to the villain campaign and even with Tier 7 lvl 45 Yondu, Crossbones + Elektra poo poo is bullshit rough
They need to have an elite mode and not lock people out of content so quick

I'm not even going to try to progress any of the campaigns for the next few days, hopefully they'll roll things back a bit. Luckily I've 3 starred enough character nodes and equipment components up to tier 7 to keep me busy for a while.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

I'm a launch player, so I'll say it's going to include launch players not just beta.

This is mainly to make the most out of raids with people who are willing to follow specific stats to get the most out of the rewards.

The Goon Squad on the swgohgg discord is cooking with gas right now. I think we'll prolly be pretty try-hardy.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Isn't the guild mainly beta players?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

Isn't the guild mainly beta players?

No, most of us are from launch.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I don’t know if he is mathematically better than crossbones, but I’ve really enjoyed running with a tier 6/level 43 Hawkeye lately. He and quake can shut people down if they are working in concert and he is great at clearing buffs. I haven’t played around enough with his aoe is strong enough to warrant moving xbones from my front line team (does blind make it so people miss more often?), but I feel like he brings more to the table for a raid group since you aren’t just sitting around forever waiting for an aoe to power up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

From doing some reading Hawkeye is pretty drat good. I still don’t have the fucker unlocked though and I’ve been doing at least one node a drat day.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I can barely fathom a game where Hawkeye is worth using

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

HebrewMagic posted:

I can barely fathom a game where Hawkeye is worth using

He was my first hero in Marble Hebrons before you could farm eternity splinters and I unlocked my second being Scarlet Witch.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah I don't have him built up yet (want to get Drax to 10k first so that's what I'm farming) but you might need 5 5* shield people for Iron Man so long term he'll be worth it. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed that but who knows.

He's got an anti-stealth passive which is kinda neat plus he's good at clearing minions which would be useful vs yondu I think.

I wonder what the meta will look like in 2 weeks or so when everyone has Thanos though.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The thanos raid is a toughy

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Curious about experienced players opinion on this tier list:

Am I safe to put all my resources into getting Drax up as much as I can?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Drax spawning with taunt and then getting taunt+def+counter (with lifedrain) on his first turn is very good. He’s probably the best pure tank along with Cap, although Thanos looks like he’ll be very good as well.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I don’t know if he is mathematically better than crossbones, but I’ve really enjoyed running with a tier 6/level 43 Hawkeye lately. He and quake can shut people down if they are working in concert and he is great at clearing buffs. I haven’t played around enough with his aoe is strong enough to warrant moving xbones from my front line team (does blind make it so people miss more often?), but I feel like he brings more to the table for a raid group since you aren’t just sitting around forever waiting for an aoe to power up.

Blind makes their next attack miss 100%, yes. Buffs/debuffs in this game in general are stupidly good, that’s why Quake and BW are basically the two most powerful units in the game.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 21, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Away all Goats posted:

Drax is indeed cool + good

Idk about Rocket being so high though, I usually kill him last if the AOE doesn't take him out first

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Away all Goats posted:

This pretty much matches what I see with all the really high level arena teams on my shard

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah that list seems about right.

PegLegActual
Sep 11, 2001

Real Pirate. Real Amputee. Limping Through Life.
Applied to Catman's Shameful Secret as LLJK Laowai

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
The very first mission of the Thanos challenge opening with him just bodying your crew in one hit was the funniest thing I've seen in a while

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I only managed to get 65 shards for him too. He doesn’t seem like whale bait though since you can’t directly buy his shards?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The only way to whale for him is raid energy and heals so you can 100% every time. Everything else is gated by the tickets and subsequently, orbs.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Laowai posted:

Applied to Catman's Shameful Secret as LLJK Laowai

Gotcha. Join every raid all the time.

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
Yo goons I've been playing this game for a few weeks now, I've been dumb and thrown money at it and I want to play it all the time and buy more little comic books mans. I'm in some random guild right now trying desperately to get the thirty or so thanos shards i need to get the big purple scrotum face on my team ? ?

I'm in as lookatYOUbud can I get in a goon alliance or some poo poo ?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Has anyone noticed that Captain America uses “Inspire” to make Crossbones do his suicide bomb move faster???

Really makes u think.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
gently caress the Thanos fight in his raid is brutal

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Cryptozoology posted:

Yo goons I've been playing this game for a few weeks now, I've been dumb and thrown money at it and I want to play it all the time and buy more little comic books mans. I'm in some random guild right now trying desperately to get the thirty or so thanos shards i need to get the big purple scrotum face on my team ? ?

I'm in as lookatYOUbud can I get in a goon alliance or some poo poo ?

We have a spot open in Great Lakes Goon Squad if you want to tag along! We have two active raids up right now, so swing on by and join in!

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene
I just started a few days ago and am looking for an alliance and am looking to raid. I'm in game as Ballocaust

Any spots open?

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

We have 3 spots in Goon Registration Act. We are mainly in the second discord listed in the OP (join both). We currently have a 35 Thanos raid and a 40 Ultimus raid in progress. Register soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Away all Goats posted:

It tickles me that a Hand minion is Demigod teir and Ronan is poo poo tier..

• Locked thread