Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

BitBasher posted:

Compared to everyone's complaints on PC. Absolutely. Also the ps4 pro gets me a pretty solid 30(ish)

Graphics are totally secondary to gameplay to me. Hell, I love Rimworld and Nethack.

I own GTA on PC and ps4 and play it pretty much exclusively on ps4 because it's more enjoyable there by far.

Yeah same. Its more noticeable on the story but online the gap graphically isnt that big between the two.

Rockstar crossed the 6 billion mark on this game making it the most profitable peice of media in history. Lol there is no way in hell red dead wont be a grindy slog this does not look good, and hell i cant argue with 6 billion loving dollars. drat shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the game looks so much better on pc it isnt comparable and in 60 fps first person mode is actually playable.
the only advantage i see on ps4 is that the other playyers are so much worse its easier

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

BitBasher posted:

Also the ps4 pro gets me a pretty solid 30(ish)

lol

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

HORMELCHILI posted:

the game looks so much better on pc it isnt comparable and in 60 fps first person mode is actually playable.
the only advantage i see on ps4 is that the other playyers are so much worse its easier

anyone actually still playing this game on the PC should be considered too damaged to have a useful perspective

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Araganzar posted:

anyone actually still playing this game on the PC should be considered too damaged to have a useful perspective

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

this is true. i'd also take "posting here" as another accurate edit.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
lmao if you're still alive in 2018, just lmao.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jose Mengelez posted:

lmao if you're still alive in 2018, just lmao.

Jokes on you, 2018 is hell and we're all dead already.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Araganzar posted:

people spend more time bitching about the game than actually playing it

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
A friend of mine, after playing a lot of GTA Online told me he had an idea for a game: Sandcastle Kickers

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Domestic Amuse posted:

people spend more time bitching about the game than actually playing it

it's quite obviously past its prime, i think everyone is ready for a new game from Rockstar at this point - even if its also full of hackers and sharkcards

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Thief posted:

it's quite obviously past its prime, i think everyone is ready for a new game from Rockstar at this point - even if its also full of hackers and sharkcards

horsecards

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BuzzardBucks

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
RDR2 PSA: if you don't want to get banned on the PS4 make sure you change the brand before you dupe your Elsie Retro Cowstum

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

where's my chrome horse, Rockstar

where

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

I want a Stars n Stripes donkey.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I've been playing GTA online via my scrappy little xbone. I don't ever see hackers AFIK, and I'm able to use the nat check trick to drop into a solo lobby when I need to make money. I also set a goal to grind for a yacht and ended up buying the middle one because everyone said it had better stuff and was easier to get around on.

my son makes fun of me for grinding money in such a lovely game, but I'm too relaxed and happy really care. Just hauling I/E cars via cargobob and doing gunrunning.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a special kind of retarded :shrek:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Lima posted:

I want a Stars n Stripes donkey.

instead of tire smoke, you buy colored clouds of gas for your ride to fart

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

FuturePastNow posted:

instead of tire smoke, you buy colored clouds of gas for your ride to fart

And take it to Ole Lenny’s to get its legs shortened and get a new tail

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Already looking forward to my second playthrough of RDR2 when I rebuy it on PC in two years just so I can sit on the top of a cabin picking off cougars with mouse aim instead of a controller.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Since I've still got the game installed, what are some fun single player mods?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

CascadeBeta posted:

Gta online died when coupe quit.

Awww cascade :blush:

I don't know why it took me 4 years and ~2500 hours to finally move on from this dumb bad gay dead game but witcher 3 is p amazing and you should uninstall GTA and play it if you have not done so already :colbert:

poo poo even if you have you should uninstall GTA and play witcher 3 again :colbert: :colbert:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
For all the bitching about hackers my biggest complaint on PC was just how grindy and pointless it all feels.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Yes. Too bad there are no fun group activities that side step any of the grind.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've never played a GTA game by grinding money. I don't see why I should start with GTA Online. Just Play.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

New cars out today, and also the sea sparrow but it sucks.

I had to buy 2 weenys

Also, ford rally cars.

e: the new mini adversary mode is rad as all hell, but the first one i did is only 4 players max which is hosed.
e2: yeah it's the bees knees but needs more players.
e3: Don't leave your rally car in the hood, i guess? :shrug:

weird bug, popping the tires on the flash GT makes half of the wheel disappear.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 17, 2018

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

coupedeville posted:

Awww cascade :blush:

I don't know why it took me 4 years and ~2500 hours to finally move on from this dumb bad gay dead game but witcher 3 is p amazing and you should uninstall GTA and play it if you have not done so already :colbert:

poo poo even if you have you should uninstall GTA and play witcher 3 again :colbert: :colbert:

Whoa, slow down there, Reddit.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The new weeny mode is really fun and pays well. 4 rounds takes 20 minutes and pays $96k for a win, $62k for a loss. It's also really really fun.

You have an advantage if you go in with a hopped up weeny, too.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Powershift posted:

The new weeny mode is really fun and pays well. 4 rounds takes 20 minutes and pays $96k for a win, $62k for a loss. It's also really really fun.

You have an advantage if you go in with a hopped up weeny, too.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i was scrolling through facebook and saw an official commercial for a Vapid rally car which made me laugh

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

New Vespucci job is p cool, I def want to try it with a race ready Mini instead of the stock one

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Vespucci Job is insanely fun, especially as the runner. It’s like being in a car stunt show, driving backwards through tiny gaps and down alleys.

I only listen to my custom radio, so I just won to Phil Collins’ “Just a Job To Do”.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 21, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Probably the best aspect of the Mini Cooper is that even though its acceleration sucks going forward compared to cop cars, it can go backwards almost instantly. You end up driving in reverse almost as much as forwards.

Bye fucko.

Teamwork makes the dream work.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus, has anyone else played this on both ps4 and xbone and noticed the xbone community is completely hosed? I've played mostly on ps4 and started on xbone a few months ago, and while ps4 occasionally had people griefing or not playing it's every single game on the xbone. Every Hotring race I did had 3+ people who would just be actively trying to gently caress up other people racing, every Vespucci Job I've done has either had a player leave right at the start or just driving around the city ignoring the mini.

Also it seems like you get kicked for being idle in freemode a lot quicker on the xbone. Playing on ps4 I could reliably get up to make a snack or have a smoke in between races without issue but I'm kicked every time I come back on xbone.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It should be a 15 minute timer on both consoles. Maybe playing on xbone makes you hungrier, requiring a more complex snack.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Powershift posted:

e: the new mini adversary mode is rad as all hell, but the first one i did is only 4 players max which is hosed.
e2: yeah it's the bees knees but needs more players.

I think it's the ideal number for balance. With more cops it would be virtually impossible to win, and with more runners there would be no way to keep track of all of them and their checkpoints.

Also you really need three cops to take on the runner. I played with a guy that I'm pretty sure was hacking because his cars all had ridiculous maneuverability and extremely fast acceleration forwards and backwards, to the point where on his turn he was completely untouched for 2 minutes straight, and I still beat him when I was the runner just because one or two cops isn't enough to box in the runner.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

I think it's the ideal number for balance. With more cops it would be virtually impossible to win, and with more runners there would be no way to keep track of all of them and their checkpoints.

Also you really need three cops to take on the runner. I played with a guy that I'm pretty sure was hacking because his cars all had ridiculous maneuverability and extremely fast acceleration forwards and backwards, to the point where on his turn he was completely untouched for 2 minutes straight, and I still beat him when I was the runner just because one or two cops isn't enough to box in the runner.

Counterpoint:

2 on 6 would be a ton of fun.

I haven't tried it, but i would imagine if you set it to 4 rounds and had the runner just sit and reset to quickly run out the time, after 5 rounds all 3 cops would win and should win $96k. You could probably get 4 people up over 500k an hour. only 10 hours of grinding that gets you a modded Deluxo!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

chitoryu12 posted:

Theres an option (or its every game? I dunno) to turn car mods on, so maybe he has the turbo and engine upgrades and keeps the rest of the car plain looking.

e: or maybe hacker I dont know how fast you mean

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cage posted:

Theres an option (or its every game? I dunno) to turn car mods on, so maybe he has the turbo and engine upgrades and keeps the rest of the car plain looking.

e: or maybe hacker I dont know how fast you mean

He was definitely a hacker. I use my own tuned Issi for it so I know how fast it's supposed to be, and he was affected by it as well with the cop car. He always outran the other cops in a straight line, turned corners virtually perfectly, and accelerated backwards the same as he did forwards.

One benefit I had as the runner is that he was driving so fast that any time he missed he would accidentally smash into his partner and knock both of them away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I want to play this game again so badly for some reason. Does anyone still play on PS4 and want a professional hydra pilot to blow stuff up with them?