Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

She also can't stay out of Toku and has shown up in Fourze and W in addition to Gokaiger, the Deka reunion movie, and now this

Prior to knowing about Sentai I saw her in Shaolin Grandma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Darth TNT posted:

I'm just left wondering if you knew all those names by memory or had to look them up.

Sadly, I remembered them all. When it aired alongside Power Rangers In Space and Digimon, my brain was definitely firing in ABSORB ALL MINUTIAE FOREVER mode. And then I watched it all again about a year ago with the intention of breaking it down to do a Linkara-style video but the source quality is garbage and I don’t speak German so the fancy DVD-rips don’t help much.

Cathbad (the druid), Conchobar (the king), Fin Varra (the fairy king), Maeve (not-Rita), and a handful of others are all from the myth. Like Deirdre. But they don’t function the same way.

It’d be a dream gig to write Mystic Knights comics for Boom and actually make use of all of this information, but there was barely an audience for the show twenty years ago, let alone now.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Hyped for Kaasan Sentai Mamaranger

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Jasmine is an ESPer. When she touches the mochi box, she can sense when her child snuck one without asking.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I didn’t watch Mystic Knights because I had an Irish grandmother, and not only was The Old Country a serious Don’t Get Her Started topic, but America’s riverdance-inspired Irish fetish of the late 90s was positively cliche to someone who had been listening to an Irish woman go on about Ireland for over a decade.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Zedd posted:

This is a pretty good video about it by a goon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elOVzbmZ0dQ

Watching this just made me want a reboot more. Hearing him mention Aideen did spark the memory of her full sized adventure again. It always did bother me they never revisited that later on.

Inkspot posted:

Sadly, I remembered them all. When it aired alongside Power Rangers In Space and Digimon, my brain was definitely firing in ABSORB ALL MINUTIAE FOREVER mode. And then I watched it all again about a year ago with the intention of breaking it down to do a Linkara-style video but the source quality is garbage and I don’t speak German so the fancy DVD-rips don’t help much.

Cathbad (the druid), Conchobar (the king), Fin Varra (the fairy king), Maeve (not-Rita), and a handful of others are all from the myth. Like Deirdre. But they don’t function the same way.

It’d be a dream gig to write Mystic Knights comics for Boom and actually make use of all of this information, but there was barely an audience for the show twenty years ago, let alone now.

If it's any consolation, I remembered the name of Rohan. I just thought I was wrong because it's a LOTR name. :psyduck: And Pyre's name. Young me loved dragons. That's one thing that old me and young me have in common.

I would pick up a Tir Na Nog Comic just for the sheer novelty. The setting could be used for so much more.

Really though, it seems to me that medieval/knight settings as a whole are out of style at present. Also evidenced by the number of knight based toys I see in toy stores and the lack of movies and kids shows featuring knights.
So even if it was popular back then it still wouldn't have much of a chance at present. :smith:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, it's a computer virus.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't remember this episode but love the monster design, the colors of channel off the air on his face match well with sentai colors.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I loved the legitimate computer joke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomb_(icon)

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

just pull the ethernet cable out you drat show-off

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can and have indeed forgotten most of Zeo. This is the one thing that has always remained with me. This loving episode. And not even the entire episode, just the part where Tanya somehow gets a virus that's polite enough to give a countdown while making it clear what it's about to do, and how it's stopped by Hollywood typing.

This episode was nonsense even for me as a kid, which says a lot about it.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
The Ram one was pretty good too.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MadScientistWorking posted:

The Ram one was pretty good too.

Eh, it didn't really stick with me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dear Mystic Force,

I'm not sure this tiny record store needs five employees! I'm not really sure it needs more than two, max!

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I saw the gold ranger staff and the Zeonizer at Toys R Us today but I just can’t get excited about either one. Still hoping to find the Green ranger helmet but no dice so far. I have it preordered from BBTS but I’m a little nervous it’ll end up getting cancelled.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I saw the gold ranger staff and the Zeonizer at Toys R Us today but I just can’t get excited about either one. Still hoping to find the Green ranger helmet but no dice so far. I have it preordered from BBTS but I’m a little nervous it’ll end up getting cancelled.

Keep hitting the TRUs until the stores finally close. They're still getting new stock. I got a helmet after I pre-ordered one from Entertainment Earth but they make it a pain in the rear end to cancel preorders so I'm just going to get the second one and gift it to a friend of mine if the order goes through. I still have the staff pre-ordered from BBTS though so I'm actively trying to find that so I don't have to pay their markup.

But man, I was super worried the helmet wouldn't fit me when I first pulled it out of the box. It takes some fiddling but I can fit pretty snugly. Much respect for suit actors because drat. I'd still say I'd prefer it over the red helmet just because red is much looser around the neck.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

Keep hitting the TRUs until the stores finally close. They're still getting new stock. I got a helmet after I pre-ordered one from Entertainment Earth but they make it a pain in the rear end to cancel preorders so I'm just going to get the second one and gift it to a friend of mine if the order goes through. I still have the staff pre-ordered from BBTS though so I'm actively trying to find that so I don't have to pay their markup.

But man, I was super worried the helmet wouldn't fit me when I first pulled it out of the box. It takes some fiddling but I can fit pretty snugly. Much respect for suit actors because drat. I'd still say I'd prefer it over the red helmet just because red is much looser around the neck.

I’ve been popping in every day this week, they seem to have new stuff daily. It’s on my way to the bank from work so I just stop in after the bank run.

Hm it may not fit me, I have a big head. The red one fits OK.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I’ve been popping in every day this week, they seem to have new stuff daily. It’s on my way to the bank from work so I just stop in after the bank run.

Hm it may not fit me, I have a big head. The red one fits OK.

If the red one fits you you should be able to fit in the green. I had to undo the headstrap and go face first, but I got it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Just found my old Gold Ranger staff at my parents house along with these.

Power Ranger pogs from McDonalds!

Battle tops or whatever these were called.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Amazon has the helmets for $100 and free shipping. Grab it now or keep taking the chance you'll find it at TRU for a discount.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers-Mighty-Morphin-Collectible/dp/tech-data/B074KLCMGX

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Amazon has green ranger helmet for $100 in stock.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Can anyone summarize what happened in Power Rangers #26? I forgot what date it came out, and I'm 0/3 on nabbing a copy.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

MisterBibs posted:

Can anyone summarize what happened in Power Rangers #26? I forgot what date it came out, and I'm 0/3 on nabbing a copy.

Tommy is super dead for real, there's no way they're gonna bring him back to life somehow. Drakkon is harvesting powers of other ranger teams with the help of alt-Finster, he starts with Samurai team, Zordon uses Jen's future tech to get the MMPR team+Jen to the Samurai timeline to try to help, but they're too late to stop Drakkon from ending up with a Samuraizer

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Watching mystic force now, an I remember this being divisive at best when it was new with at least ranger board at the time definitely classifying it as "bad", but 5 episodes in I think I really like it!

This is probably the most red ranger centric stores I've ever seen, which I'm not used to, but it looks like that's kind of what they had to work with from the sentai footage in it so far. I kind of like this Easy Rider doofus anyway.

I watched only a little of this when it was new, I guess I didn't care for it then.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Watching mystic force now, an I remember this being divisive at best when it was new with at least ranger board at the time definitely classifying it as "bad", but 5 episodes in I think I really like it!

This is probably the most red ranger centric stores I've ever seen, which I'm not used to, but it looks like that's kind of what they had to work with from the sentai footage in it so far. I kind of like this Easy Rider doofus anyway.

I watched only a little of this when it was new, I guess I didn't care for it then.

I find both Mystic Force and Magiranger delightful in their own ways. For both of them I think it comes down to whether you give a gently caress about Nick/Kai. If you don’t like them, the show is gonna fall pretty flat.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Is mystic force the first series where the red ranger is the new kid in town

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
In Space.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I really liked Mystic Force, so I hope you have a chill time watching it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In In Space, is Andros the new kid in town, or are TJ, Carlos, Ashley, and Cassie the new kids in space?

Leo is the new kid in space ark since all the rest are working there except Maya.

I think Cole is unambiguously new kid in town where everyone else knows each other.

Then yeah not until Mystic is red the new kid in town again.

The other thing I'm noticing about mystic force, and I don't know how long it lasts, they seem to have gotten a lot more creative with zord fights?

Also in general the show seems more violent than average, but not particularly less lighthearted. The enemies seem darker but the heroes in general lighter

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
uh, time force.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

In In Space, is Andros the new kid in town, or are TJ, Carlos, Ashley, and Cassie the new kids in space?

Leo is the new kid in space ark since all the rest are working there except Maya.

I think Cole is unambiguously new kid in town where everyone else knows each other.

Then yeah not until Mystic is red the new kid in town again.

The other thing I'm noticing about mystic force, and I don't know how long it lasts, they seem to have gotten a lot more creative with zord fights?

Also in general the show seems more violent than average, but not particularly less lighthearted. The enemies seem darker but the heroes in general lighter

Probably because Magiranger didn't have a bunch of extra mecha like many modern Sentai do

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Raserys posted:

I mean are we not counting power transfers? Because Rocky exists.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

DoctorWhat posted:

uh, time force.

With the rangers stuck in the past, the rest of the team is arguably the new ones.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I just feel like the modern series way overuse the red ranger being the new guy, even the movie changed things to be that

Though off hand I can only think of megaforce

And when I say that, I very literally mean the red ranger just moved to town and is the new kid at school

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah ninja steel as well. Though in that there’s a little Starlord thing kind of going on? And RedBot and Mick Kanic(Jesus Christ that name) are kind of like Rocket.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I was going to post this tomorrow, but hey, happy meme weed day y'all.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The difference between the first monster and the bug minions is, uh.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

jivjov posted:

With the rangers stuck in the past, the rest of the team is arguably the new ones.

it's both, which is why Time Force rules

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Now the Gold Power Staff is on Amazon as well for $150.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Raserys posted:

Second half of turbo