Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

My Thanos raid ends in about 6 hours and I'm still debating whether to make a new raiding alliance. Do we have enough interest in one to even be able to fill a raid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I don't know who:

Oxman
HNGKong (I think this is a goon?)
Moon

Are or if they're even goons. I just found out my guild leader has been accepting any applicants...

But ya'll three been AFK a day + and haven't participated in the 40 raid that's up right now and it's about to cost us completion rewards.

Please log ya asses in and push the auto button.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 21, 2018

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Kazoo Reverb posted:

I just started a few days ago and am looking for an alliance and am looking to raid. I'm in game as Ballocaust

Any spots open?

Gotcha, welcome. Never not hit the raids.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

Curious about experienced players opinion on this tier list:

Am I safe to put all my resources into getting Drax up as much as I can?

Drax is good but do note that if you put everything into him, you won't have anyone who can deal damage and slows/stuns shut him down hard.

Also there's a few guys I'd move up/down a tier, but the list looks generally solid.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this

Kowak posted:

My Thanos raid ends in about 6 hours and I'm still debating whether to make a new raiding alliance. Do we have enough interest in one to even be able to fill a raid?

I feel like most of our goon guilds are doing pretty well raiding at the moment, we can always shift around members between them if we want one too become the super hardcore one. Most people are still pretty active though because the game is so new

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

Roach posted:

I feel like most of our goon guilds are doing pretty well raiding at the moment, we can always shift around members between them if we want one too become the super hardcore one. Most people are still pretty active though because the game is so new

I guess it depends on what you consider pretty well.
For example, Groot Squad is hitting 60% on Thanos but that very easily could have been 100% but half the alliance doesn't communicate and just went off doing their own thing and skipping nodes. We get less than half of the alliance even joining 40 raids when realistically we could be doing 50s.

I'm not the most super hardcore person but I also don't like being held back by people who don't want to help, why join a team if you aren't going to try to be a part of it?

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
the random pubbie guild i'm in right now stalled on a thanos raid, like, we dummied everything except thanos himself and all my dudes are dead. should I just sit here for the next 7 hours til the raid ends or jump ship now or ?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Join a guild with goons.

Always goon.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Collect those rewards first.

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
won't i forfeit rewards and poo poo ?

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
yeah thought so.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Finally got that t7 Drax.

What’s the deal with star ratings? Seems like a waste of time compared to gear and I think I’d rather switch gears and dump into Quake than continue to buy him up at this point.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Clearly it's your whale score on a given dude. Gotta be 7*.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Fix posted:

Finally got that t7 Drax.

What’s the deal with star ratings? Seems like a waste of time compared to gear and I think I’d rather switch gears and dump into Quake than continue to buy him up at this point.
my highest * is gamora at 4*, but i think you might be right. originally i thought the star level would be an exponential power increase with everything else, to the point that it would ALWAYS be better to use high * people over low * people. but i am thinking that is less the case. obviously * level provides a decent boost, but i don't think it is the same as something like the * levels in future fight.

for people keeping track of offers, today i got offered 100 gamora shards, 45 nebula shards, 2000 gold orb points, 4000 basic orb points, 20 green and 10 blue training chips for $49.99. not touching it but it seems slightly more reasonable than most non-cap offers i've seen.

i also got offered 35 purple training chips, 30 orange training chips, and 8000 gold orb points for 1200 power cores. i previously did a 6000 gold orb stuffs for 900 cores deal (do not regret) so i wonder if i got this one cause i bought that one. 1200 would completely cash out my cores so i'm gonna pass, but i want all my characters fully upgraded enough that i considered it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The higher star levels give more of a power boost. Going from 6 to 7 is bigger than 2 to 3. Equipment matters the most.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cams posted:

for people keeping track of offers, today i got offered 100 gamora shards, 45 nebula shards, 2000 gold orb points, 4000 basic orb points, 20 green and 10 blue training chips for $49.99. not touching it but it seems slightly more reasonable than most non-cap offers i've seen.

I shamelessly bought that one. :homebrew: 🐳

Also gently caress them for loving with the campaign difficulty right before I was able to clear the last node in heroes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh yeah does anyone know what the next rotation for the milestone rewards is? I know they rotate on a fixed schedule but I am curious which one is next after spending the 1 million gold.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Makes me sad that melt-face sylvester stallone lookin punisher is no-good, dude can never catch a break :(

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i think his problem is mainly that the utility effects in this game are very, very effective and the people who really only do straight damage don't do that much more of it to justify using them over your quakes, yondus, gamoras, draxes, etc.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
At least Punisher can take solace in the fact his videogame was pretty sick

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Makes me sad that melt-face sylvester stallone lookin punisher is no-good, dude can never catch a break :(

Traditionally he's been a solid low power rating guy to throw on your blitz team with a bunch of level 1s so he can curb stomp the other team by himself. Try it, you'll probably get more win streaks than you do with your A team. This game does a pretty good job of giving a lot of characters niche roles to force you to dump resources into them.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Punisher was alright early on, but his grenade launcher seemed like complete rear end and a total waste of a turn. The spread shot he has is alright for picking off some low health people at once but never got any use out of his grenade launcher ability. Once I got Wolverine he was my first one to get replaced. Gonna have Quake by tomorrow, so I think I'll be replacing Spidey to make my arena team Cap/Wolverine/Quake/Xbone/Elektra. Maybe swapping Xbone/Elek out for Spidey but gotta see how it goes.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 22, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

explosivo posted:

Punisher was alright early on, but his grenade launcher seemed like complete rear end and a total waste of a turn. The spread shot he has is alright for picking off some low health people at once but never got any use out of his grenade launcher ability. Once I got Wolverine he was my first one to get replaced. Gonna have Quake by tomorrow, so I think I'll be replacing Spidey to make my arena team Cap/Wolverine/Quake/Xbone/Elektra. Maybe swapping Xbone/Elek out for Spidey but gotta see how it goes.

Iirc it does way higher primary target damage so I end up using it before the spray if I'm trying to nuke someone asap aka Xbox

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
You guys have probably already figured this out, but just in case: put your tanks in the two sidemost spots. Those slots have 1 fewer adjacency for burst effects.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Drax is indeed cool + good

Idk about Rocket being so high though, I usually kill him last if the AOE doesn't take him out first

Rocket's basic deals decent AOE damage, his special is very strong if you get an Assist (and once we get access to Groot that's a guaranteed Assist right there), and his ultimate takes a while to charge up but is also a strong AOE. His stats aren't that bad either, very high damage and higher than average Armor.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

fishtobaskets posted:

You guys have probably already figured this out, but just in case: put your tanks in the two sidemost spots. Those slots have 1 fewer adjacency for burst effects.

This is beyond golden advice for new players.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rocket and Drax also benefit from Gamora’s buff if you’re running her. I think my current plan, since I have all of these characters, is Drax/Gamora/Quake/Yondu/currently Wolverine but soon to be replaced with like daredevil maybe?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

fishtobaskets posted:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This is beyond golden advice for new players.

Yeah I had actually not thought of this before :shobon:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Uh yeah. I knew that. Sure.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

fishtobaskets posted:

Big if true

Eddain
May 6, 2007
If you're fighting someone who has limited AOE attacks (Quake basic, Rocket basic) then having a taunting Tank at the far ends will reduce the number of toons hit.

If you're fighting someone with long chain attacks (Daredevil ult, Spiderman special, Nebula ult) then having a taunting Tank at the far ends means it's possible for the chain to hit everyone. If the Tank were in the middle then the chain has to go either left or right instead of going from one end to the other.

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
Yo just applied to great lakes goon squad as lookatyoubud

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Cryptozoology posted:

Yo just applied to great lakes goon squad as lookatyoubud

Sorry, but we just filled up - another goon slid in right before you did. Good luck finding a group!

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Eddain posted:

If you're fighting someone who has limited AOE attacks (Quake basic, Rocket basic) then having a taunting Tank at the far ends will reduce the number of toons hit.

If you're fighting someone with long chain attacks (Daredevil ult, Spiderman special, Nebula ult) then having a taunting Tank at the far ends means it's possible for the chain to hit everyone. If the Tank were in the middle then the chain has to go either left or right instead of going from one end to the other.

That's why you put a stealth character in the middle, stealth breaks chains.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Has anyone mathed out the best ways to level blitz teams? Especially at low levels. Like, I assume you want to T4 just so they have all their skills, but from there is a particular balance of gear / skills / regular levels / ranks better than others? This might just be a hilariously complicated question. Levelling up skills seems to usually be the biggest jumps in power level. Since there's no way to UN-level people I'm vaguely nervous about levelling a mook too high that it'll turn out is way OP at 2K strength or some poo poo.

I'm just kind of bad at blitz in general -- I think it's because my lower-level teams are just random assemblies of dudes and not coherent teams with synergies, but I've levelled stuff unevenly. Hand Sorc and Elektra are both 3K so I guess I want to get my Archer / Blademaster / Sentry (once I get him) at about the same tier but they're all at 1.5K now... or should I be looking at the mechanical synergies first and not worry about having teams of mostly same-level people?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Got two spots in Goon Squad

Just raid and contribute raid currency

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

Has anyone mathed out the best ways to level blitz teams? Especially at low levels. Like, I assume you want to T4 just so they have all their skills, but from there is a particular balance of gear / skills / regular levels / ranks better than others? This might just be a hilariously complicated question. Levelling up skills seems to usually be the biggest jumps in power level. Since there's no way to UN-level people I'm vaguely nervous about levelling a mook too high that it'll turn out is way OP at 2K strength or some poo poo.

I'm just kind of bad at blitz in general -- I think it's because my lower-level teams are just random assemblies of dudes and not coherent teams with synergies, but I've levelled stuff unevenly. Hand Sorc and Elektra are both 3K so I guess I want to get my Archer / Blademaster / Sentry (once I get him) at about the same tier but they're all at 1.5K now... or should I be looking at the mechanical synergies first and not worry about having teams of mostly same-level people?

Well, generally speaking, you shouldn't worry about over-leveling your characters since your Blitz rewards are tied directly to the power level of your team and the team that you're fighting. It'll ultimately end up giving you more points.
Also, I think there's a limit to how strong teams can be at lower level tier ranks... so, again, there's no real downside to leveling characters up.

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

There's 2 open spots in Groot Squad.
Please try to do at least a couple of nodes in raids and acknowledge that alliance chat exists.

Speaking of, WerrWaaa, what's the deal with jumping in a raid to get rewards but never even trying to move off of the starting point? Not cool.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Kowak posted:

There's 2 open spots in Groot Squad.
Please try to do at least a couple of nodes in raids and acknowledge that alliance chat exists.

Speaking of, WerrWaaa, what's the deal with jumping in a raid to get rewards but never even trying to move off of the starting point? Not cool.

Just kicked them. I am sugar free for a reason.

Also gotta brag on something I found at a discount store.

Diabetic fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

Diabetic posted:

Just kicked them. I am sugar free for a reason.

Looks like Groot Squad is cleaning house.
We've now got 3 spots open.

Edit: Join Groot Squad, we already have the Infinity Gauntlet!

Kowak fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 22, 2018

• Locked thread