Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Megabound posted:

Oh, your right, I wish I was upper middle class Californian instead of Australian with all my *squints* beautiful beaches, free health care, government assistance programs, zero percent University loans, unions, workers rights and *reads carefully* sensible gun regulation.

I don't mean to be rude but Australia is the one with the offshore refugee rape camps right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Those Trump tweets are him setting the stage for Cohen to expose his crimes so he can say "Cohen made up stories under government pressure!"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I am very good at starting a new page

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*between radio and tv shows, spends 4 hours a day 5 days a week doing nothing but talking about Trump. Records pocasts about Trump. Writes articles about Trump. During off hours, regularly dines with an consults with Trump*

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
you forgot is the only other client of trump's lawyer

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

*between radio and tv shows, spends 4 hours a day 5 days a week doing nothing but talking about Trump. Records pocasts about Trump. Writes articles about Trump. During off hours, regularly dines with an consults with Trump*

And, let's be honest, has definitely had a wet dream about trump

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Quality post.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Donald Trump doesn't know that someone can't "flip" if they don't have anything to flip with. He doesn't know that expressing his concerns that Cohen will flip means that he's guilty because he's relying on Cohen not flipping to protect him.

And the reason he doesn't know this is brain worms because Trump has never been involved in a situation where there wasn't a danger of someone flipping on him and turning over all the evidence on his illegal actions to the government.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Teikanmi posted:

I know people are memeing but as long as America still has the most money, the biggest army and the best weather, it's still going to be the best country for better or for worse, even with a dumb pissbaby orangesickle president.

The best weather? I'll keep that in mind when I'm giving my thoughts and prayers New Orleans and Puerto Rico.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Megabound posted:

Oh, your right, I wish I was upper middle class Californian instead of Australian with all my *squints* beautiful beaches, free health care, government assistance programs, zero percent University loans, unions, workers rights and *reads carefully* sensible gun regulation.

What's the 80th or 90th percentile income in the US compared to most developed countries? You'll find that most of those things aren't an issue to the aforementioned white, upper-middle class male in the US, the reason we still show up reasonably well on quality of life indices is because the relative affluence of the upper middle class compared to European social democracies somewhat offsets the complete lack of security for the working poor in the US.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol there's no such thing as upper middle class.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What's the 80th or 90th percentile income in the US compared to most developed countries? You'll find that most of those things aren't an issue to the aforementioned white, upper-middle class male in the US, the reason we still show up reasonably well on quality of life indices is because the relative affluence of the upper middle class compared to European social democracies somewhat offsets the complete lack of security for the working poor in the US.

I was gonna say, the original post clearly specified "upper middle class white man," so arguments about how terrible everything is in America for other people are irrelevant to that post.

And lol at that guy for implying that California doesn't have beautiful beaches.

But in a Rawlsian sense, I'd totally prefer to be born in a lot of different places than California.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

A tech bro near San Francisco likely has more disposable income than his equivalent in Copenhagen or Sydney, and doesn't have to worry about basic needs any more than they do unless he loses his job.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

A tech bro near San Francisco likely has more disposable income than his equivalent in Copenhagen or Sydney, and doesn't have to worry about basic needs any more than they do unless he loses his job.

Having to work with other tech bros in SF makes it unlivable though

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

If you're born rich enough that getting a college education and health care for life is an insignificant cost, then it's just like being born in a European country where you get that stuff for free regardless of how much money you have. It's simple.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Remember, mere hours ago, when the (possible retard) president of the USA telegraphed via Twitter his intention to call his lifelong friend and lawyer Michael Cohen a liar if he flips?

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

right-wingers are the ones who made up the news stories about the tide pod condom snorting bullshit, then they cite their own lies as reasons to not to take teenagers with political views seriously. that's a lol

also, Dana Loesch is an irretrievably vicious rear end in a top hat who would lick a dirty sidewalk for a dollar

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
The fact that Trump golfs as much as he does and is also incredibly fat should prove once and for all that golf is not a sport.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i think that was the first time that trump actually used a multi-tweet that I can remember

it's learning

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

This is it, this is the most iconic photo of Don's pissidency

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ComfortablySmug/status/987697741919813633

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Shorts, baseball caps, fat - the American trifecta

don't forget loud, I can always hear my countrymen and women well before I see them

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

smoobles posted:

Remember, mere hours ago, when the (possible retard) president of the USA telegraphed via Twitter his intention to call his lifelong friend and lawyer Michael Cohen a liar if he flips?

Yes I remember. It was a very odd thing for someone being investigated by the FBI to do.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

old beast lunatic posted:

The fact that Trump golfs as much as he does and is also incredibly fat should prove once and for all that golf is not a sport.

He never walks the course. Always carts it.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

bloom posted:

Gotta hand it to Teikanmi for giving us all a good chuckle on this dark, tweetless day.

Issuing correction on a previous post of bloom, regarding the poster Teikanmi. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Jikes posted:

right-wingers are the ones who made up the news stories about the tide pod condom snorting bullshit, then they cite their own lies as reasons to not to take teenagers with political views seriously. that's a lol

also, Dana Loesch is an irretrievably vicious rear end in a top hat who would lick a dirty sidewalk for a dollar

They always make up their own news and report it as fact

See: Pizzagate, Seth Rich, Uranium One, whatever the gently caress Hannity says that day, whatever the gently caress Jones says that day, whatever the gently caress Carlson says that day etc.

They constantly cry about the mainstream media being orwellian while they literally make poo poo up that the Weekly World News would not have published

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

milk toast

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

kater posted:

lol there's no such thing as middle class.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

allow me to translate: the extreme wealth of a few US citizens is really loving with the average quality of life indices and more people live better in other Western countries than in the US, percentage-wise.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

She couldn’t even half-rear end it to “milq toast”. That lady has a hard case of the dumb.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I always see tweets from that dumb Tomi woman but who the actual gently caress is she?

Also just a reminder that most Americans consider someone living paycheck to paycheck to be middle class, because that’s what we have been brainwashed to believe.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

today i learned that cashiers in many american supermarkets are forced to stand through their entire shift as a form of dehumanizing power play by corporate leadership. lmao but also pretty sad. slmao

I'm a grocery cashier. My company gives us these rubber mats to stand on, but it's still poo poo. It is very sad. If Aldi were around here and is as great as people make it out to be, I'd consider working there instead.

Also, milk toast.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Americans ... have been brainwashed

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

today i learned that cashiers in many american supermarkets are forced to stand through their entire shift as a form of dehumanizing power play by corporate leadership. lmao but also pretty sad. slmao

The Grimace posted:

I'm a grocery cashier. My company gives us these rubber mats to stand on, but it's still poo poo. It is very sad. If Aldi were around here and is as great as people make it out to be, I'd consider working there instead.

Also, milk toast.

What? Seriously. Why, whats the excuse for it?

I have NEVER seen a cashier till here without a seat at it.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Sitting is lazy and lazy staff means bad service and people will go to other supermarkets

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

happyhippy posted:

What? Seriously. Why, whats the excuse for it?

I have NEVER seen a cashier till here without a seat at it.

Most American cashiers stand, doesn't matter what store. Pretty sure it has something to do with a perception of being lazy if the customer is standing and the cashier is sitting.
It's dumb and needs to stop, along with a million other things in this "greatest country on God's green earth." (I think that used to be/is Hannity's radio show's opening line)

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FuturePastNow posted:

This is it, this is the most iconic photo of Don's pissidency

Noh, it would be a picture of orange turd tweeting on top of his 24k golden toilet.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Valko posted:

The best weather? I'll keep that in mind when I'm giving my thoughts and prayers New Orleans and Puerto Rico.

Really, with the USA being so large (lol your country is fat lol), you pretty much have all the weather types, so I think it might be cheating to say the whole country's weather is the best.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It's the same for corporate restaurants as well. Unless you have a condition, you are not allowed to sit or take a break besides using the bathroom. Being on your feet all day for 8-10 hours gets old quick.

I have had several managers who have blatantly said "Get up, we don't pay you to sit down."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
lol @ the horror of standing an entire shift

you got time to lean you got time to clean...

what bullshit