Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Obama appears to have elicited the only genuine smile from her, that I can remember anyway.

I was just about to post something similar.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

"One day it'll be Donald up there."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Matt Zerella posted:

Liberals have been rehabbing the Bushes long before Babs died. Between the painting, the :decorum: feud with Trump, and his love of Michelle Obama, they miss his brand of republicanism while glossing over the fact that he's war criminal.

honest question, in what capacity was HW a war criminal

i was under the distinct impression that GW1 was prosecuted as above-board and sensibly as possible, as was Panama

i mean, i guess "participating in bombing the Japanese was a war crime :smug:" could be a position you want to take

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

GreyjoyBastard posted:

honest question, in what capacity was HW a war criminal

i was under the distinct impression that GW1 was prosecuted as above-board and sensibly as possible, as was Panama

i mean, i guess "participating in bombing the Japanese was a war crime :smug:" could be a position you want to take

Does Iran contra count, or is that just a standard US crime?

How about arming the mujahedeen in a proxy war?

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cactrot posted:

Does Iran contra count, or is that just a standard US crime?

How about arming the mujahedeen in a proxy war?

Arming the mujahadeen I don’t think counts as a war crime.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ever since he learned Stone's dark, twisted secret identity.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Vladimir Putin posted:

You gotta set things up with little crimes and then your son goes in and knocks em down with the big boy War Crimes.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Vladimir Putin posted:

Maybe not, but he was heading the CIA, dude is dirty even if we don't know how dirty.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
My God. You're all.... you're still talking about this. Pages and pages and pages of the most brainless nauance-free moralization imaginable.

Here's a tip: if you must feel anything at all about the death of a person you don't like, try making it indifference. Practice a little stoicism, geez

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

sit on my Facebook posted:

My God. You're all.... you're still talking about this. Pages and pages and pages of the most brainless nauance-free moralization imaginable.

Here's a tip: if you must feel anything at all about the death of a person you don't like, try making it indifference. Practice a little stoicism, geez

dont patronize me!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Republicans posted:

Ever since he learned Stone's dark, twisted secret identity.

Never underestimate a guy who can do a pencil trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Now_mSXY_N8

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Cactrot posted:

Maybe not, but he was heading the CIA, dude is dirty even if we don't know how dirty.

I was fishmeching a bit, to be fair. :v: The CIA's activities and backing Reagan both make him a bad person, but I'm not sure I'd describe him as a war criminal specifically unless there's something I'm forgetting.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Hydronium posted:

"One day it'll be Donald up there."

The beautiful thing is, you know whatever he said was totally respectful and probably genuinely benign.

Edit:

This assclown is running for a seat on the Texas Board of Education.

https://twitter.com/SBOEDist12/status/987331286149812224

Jealous Cow fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 21, 2018

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don’t even know if you can blame GWB on his parents. He was like 50 by the tome he became president and made his own way in life. His religion and demeanor certainly weren’t his parents’.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Skimmed through more bullshit decorum poo poo from fairweathers.

But I don't think anyone's mentioned that the Bush family was part of the failed Business Coup where 1%ers tried to takedown FDR because "oh no a 0.00000000000....000001% in crease in taxes"

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It should also be mentioned that HW and W should be regarded differently since W more or less destroyed his fathers concept of post-Cold war international consensus. Like when your son borrows your car and crashes it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Vladimir Putin posted:

It should also be mentioned that HW and W should be regarded differently since W more or less destroyed his fathers concept of post-Cold war international consensus. Like when your son borrows your car and crashes it.

I don't know what Laura has to do with this.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Jealous Cow posted:

The beautiful thing is, you know whatever he said was totally respectful and probably genuinely benign.

Edit:

This is really rich considering Texas and it’s collective view of Ivy League colleges

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Watching you guys trip over each other to gain the laurel wreath for most hard core bad rear end watch me spit on an old man crying at his wife's funeral is hilarious. I always cringe when the usual shitposters come in here and bitch about the thread being a dumb echo chamber but today they're spot on.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bush funeral comments are Freep-tastic, fwiw. Keep it classy, hate-spergers.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, it's the weekend and a lot of people smoked pot and are probably cranky as a result that they don't have the munchies right about now. Cut them some slack.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Jealous Cow posted:

Edit:

Twitter is such a honeypot for these idiots. I like how the kid took it in stride and is now retweeting all the news links as the story breaks. Why these old people think they can win social media fights with high schoolers is beyond me

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

I hope WaPo or CNN runs a split image of this and Trump's Depends-padded rear end playing golf

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'd rather you goons argue about your favorite soda or why anime is actually good or something

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Google Butt posted:

I'd rather you goons argue about your favorite soda or why anime is actually good or something

1. Ginger Beer.

2. It isn't.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, there's no excuse to be a ghoulish gently caress, but I understand if people don't like the Bushes and are less than eloquent about expressing their distate about them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Twitter is such a honeypot for these idiots. I like how the kid took it in stride and is now retweeting all the news links as the story breaks. Why these old people think they can win social media fights with high schoolers is beyond me

they haven't faced any consequences for being monsters and oftentimes have been rewarded despite of because of their monstrousness so they have no idea they'll be rejected for it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bush Sr took one look at the Iraqi army retreating out of Kuwait and went “hmm, probably best we don’t pursue them and bring down the Hussein regime.”

So he’s got that over W.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Obama's gonna gently caress Melania, with Michelle's blessing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it would be incredible for trump to become king cuck.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/966341076096290816?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the "cool" always makes me lose my poo poo.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Cactrot posted:

Again, he was the CIA director for less than a year and it was immediately following the Church committee, seems a pretty big jump to equate that to being a war criminal.

Like seriously is it not possible to entertain the level of nuance required to say "I think this dude is an rear end in a top hat and his politics sucked but he's not literally Hitler". There are like, degrees of being a bad person and you can simultaneously hold the thoughts "gently caress that guy" and "but I wouldn't wish that on him, that sucks".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
What will Trump need peed on if Melania has an affair with Obama?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

what's going on in the thread today guys?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Lmao is that Brian Mulroney in the front row?

I do believe it is.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

1. Stopped drinking soda. This greatly contributed to me losing weight faster on this past year. My fave' soda since my boyhood years has always been Peach-flavored Joya.

I missed it a bunch during the first two months, but it's been worth it. :shobon:

2. For every 99 skeevy, otaku-baity run-of-the-mill anime shows, there are a good few shows that are cool and good. Planetes, A Place Further than The Universe, and Psycho Pass are pretty dang cool (everyone mentions Cowboy Bebop, Samural Champloo, Evangelion and whatever mainstream films Ghibli/Hosoda/Shinkai put out, so let's not mention those).

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Arglebargle III posted:

Not much we're just demonstrating that we have the collective emotional and intellectual depth of a teaspoon

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Arglebargle III posted:

donald trump, living joke for his entire adult life, is president of the united states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When Trump dies how many of his wives will attend the funeral?

• Locked thread