Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

you guys are terrible trolls, this isn't believable in the slightest

uh-huh, yeah, and Souma realizes it and proposes on the spot

i mean come the gently caress on

It’s the same spoiler source that has been providing spoilers for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Spoiler pics are out

It’s real

I love this dumb manga

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I thought the new issue was out early. You guys are killing me.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SatansBestBuddy posted:

you guys are terrible trolls, this isn't believable in the slightest

uh-huh, yeah, and Souma realizes it and proposes on the spot

i mean come the gently caress on

I'm not trolling, I'm making connections based on what Angry Grimace posted. I am as equally removed from seeing leaked spoilers same as you.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
if this is for real i'm willing to forgive this entire arc

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WHERE'S MY SCANS

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Arist posted:

WHERE'S MY SCANS

Never ever, mangastream hates this series

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Never ever, mangastream hates this series

It takes a long time to scan because there’s a lot of text.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

It takes a long time to scan because there’s a lot of text.

loving Indonesian scans are out before MS

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/260/5033/1

Chapter's up

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Erina besto girl....OH YEAH

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Stealing his catchphrase, using squid and peanut butter and having a transforming dish. This is the best poo poo! Soma can be such a little poo poo, watching Erina roflestomp the competition using his gimmicks is great!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It almost makes the wait worth it. Goddamn. :swoon:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This isn't even her final form :allears:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Based on my posts in this thread I've been reading this since 2013. Finally, the fated dish arrives.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

okay, yeah, :laffo:

that's pretty great

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Good chapter but we really shouldn't have waited this many years for it

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Eej posted:

It’s the climax to the series or arc. They took that long on purpose.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Eej posted:

I dunno, I haven't particularly felt like much time has been wasted, or that there's been unnecessary padding. Some chapters are better than others of course, but it hasn't felt like a slog to me or anything.

I always want manga I enjoy to continue, but if it ends after this arc it's going out on a high note because it's all downhill from here, we've reached peak Souma cooking, the final form of the dish will just be the cherry on top.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

A good chapter that would have been better if the arc itself had maintained any sort of appreciable quality.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Place your bets, is it ketchup, chicken fat, or a diamond engagement ring that Azami chokes to death on

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

NowonSA posted:

I dunno, I haven't particularly felt like much time has been wasted, or that there's been unnecessary padding. Some chapters are better than others of course, but it hasn't felt like a slog to me or anything.

I always want manga I enjoy to continue, but if it ends after this arc it's going out on a high note because it's all downhill from here, we've reached peak Souma cooking, the final form of the dish will just be the cherry on top.

We've been on this arc for nearly two years and most of it has been incredibly slow and plodding

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Eej posted:

We've been on this arc for nearly two years and most of it has been incredibly slow and plodding

It's remarkable how this, THE climactic match, has just flown by compared with what felt like forever when ramen guy was fighting or kuga (i dont even remember what he made!) or takumi were making their dishes. Rindou had her dish + reaction +explanation shoved into a few pages of a chapter that was mostly flashback for Tsukasa and it ended with Tsukasa's dish already completed. If it had been earlier in the match i feel like rindou would have gotten several chapters to herself, tsukasa would work his dish between flashing back for more chapters while soma's off in the background, etc

Granted, I think the quickened pace is very in its favor.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Azami's attitude makes it pretty clear he's a terrible cook.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

Azami's attitude makes it pretty clear he's a terrible cook.

you can not be bad at cooking and get into the elite ten

you guys know you can dislike a character without spouting an endless stream of "a-ha! he's actually bad at thing!", right

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Patware posted:

you can not be bad at cooking and get into the elite ten

you guys know you can dislike a character without spouting an endless stream of "a-ha! he's actually bad at thing!", right

He's a bad chef, even if he might be really good at making food. Because of the attitude.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Azami (and by extension early Erina) has a huge hard-on for traditional French and haute cuisine, because he's a huge elitist and those are the most stereotypically elite cuisines imaginable.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
It was all worth it in the end, guys.

Also: I like this.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Chicken and eggs from the furikake gohan, eggs from the egg tempura, souffles from the 200-plate test at camp, the crackers that he offered her in the car, and peanut butter squid.Taking everything she's experienced around Souma and doing something with it? I approve.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

...Where's the rice?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sembei are rice crackers

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Erina calling it a don was mostly her being cheeky

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Erina calling it a don was mostly her being cheeky

A fun callback to the super early instance of Soma stepping in to save the Don club too.

I get that Erina is still a freshman, but between the God Tongue, nepotism, and her crazy cooking ability it's pretty surprising she was only #10 in the Elite 10. I'm looking forward to seeing who's filling all those spots once Azami's kicked out, and whether we get something wild like Erina at #1 and Soma #2 right off the bat.

I still want my international cooking tournament and to see Soma deal with the paperwork and responsibilities of being an Elite 10 member, so I hope this isn't quite the last arc.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

NowonSA posted:

A fun callback to the super early instance of Soma stepping in to save the Don club too.

I get that Erina is still a freshman, but between the God Tongue, nepotism, and her crazy cooking ability it's pretty surprising she was only #10 in the Elite 10. I'm looking forward to seeing who's filling all those spots once Azami's kicked out, and whether we get something wild like Erina at #1 and Soma #2 right off the bat.

I still want my international cooking tournament and to see Soma deal with the paperwork and responsibilities of being an Elite 10 member, so I hope this isn't quite the last arc.
Remember that aside from Kuga (Super Spicy Sichuan Shorty) and Rindou, none of the Elite Ten were really all that excited at wanting to do Shokugeki to wager their positions.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Wark Say posted:

Remember that aside from Kuga (Super Spicy Sichuan Shorty) and Rindou, none of the Elite Ten were really all that excited at wanting to do Shokugeki to wager their positions.

Even Kuga didn't really want to. Hence the whole "Soma cooking chinese against his chinese" arc at the festival.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Wark Say posted:

True, but even then enough of them have proven to be hot-headed enough to be willing to put it on the line, and I think all of them would be willing to do it if she had really gone after it and insulted their pride. I think they'd have been more receptive to a challenge from Erina than from Soma too, Soma's just some punk kid coming up but Erina's hyped up like, country-wide so if you beat her you actually build to your reputation.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

NowonSA posted:

She was #10 as a formality from grades and never seemed to care beyond that.

She’s the Yammy Rialgo of Tootsuki

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also I need a Valentines arc because we already skipped Christmas

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I was under the impression she never really tried before this match either

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

TheKingofSprings posted:

She was #10 as a formality from grades and never seemed to care beyond that.

She’s the Yammy Rialgo of Tootsuki

If they don't do a 10 - > 0 gag I will consider this manga a failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

NowonSA posted:

I’m guessing it just ends and we don’t find out.

Eej posted:

I was under the impression she never really tried before this match either

I mean obviously she didn’t. She smashed the No. 4.

I’m guessing it will take two chapters for them to orgasm over the squid and then another two for them to admit Soma’s dish was actually almost as good when you put them together.