Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

1redflag posted:

Also, I hate that cheat codes basically no longer exist as a result of trophies/achievements. Like, just disable trophies, etc if people use a cheat, but don't completely remove them

achievements isn't the reason cheat codes stopped existing. this is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

achievements isn't the reason cheat codes stopped existing. this is:

im the videogame selling you virtual money telling you to spend wisely :parrot:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
This isn't an unpopular opinion, but an underrated axiom that the dialog of thr resident evil 4 merchant should be the dialog of every vendor in every video game.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

mind the walrus posted:

The new Guild Wars 2 expansion does them fairly well. You'll trigger about half of them just by exploring and doing basic stuff on the new maps, at which point you can click to find out more about the total achievement. They're all tied to exploring the new maps and discovering miniquests. Aside from one or two they've all been really fun. And absolutely none of them are required.

FF14 has achievements as well, both grindy and mundane. Nothing important locked behind them besides a few unique mounts, titles, and pieces of cosmetic gear.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
my dad beat me with the nintendo gamecube console

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
it still worked after

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Skeleton King posted:

it still worked after

Of course it did. You say that like this is a surprising bit of news. They Ninten-do make a solid console.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

G-III posted:

I've been meaning to go back and play with this mod because the lack of seamless maps essentially made the game unplayable garbage despite being a really cool enhancement of the original thief gameplay.

i liked it before but now it's a proper thief game that doesn't pale much in comparison to the first two

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Skeleton King posted:

my dad beat me with the nintendo gamecube console

My friend's older brother kicked his snes in our faces when we were kids lol.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I preferred Assassin's Creed before they made the loot/equipment system they have in Origins.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Caufman posted:

I preferred Assassin's Creed before they made the loot/equipment system they have in Origins.

Man everyone really liked the Ezio titles. We should start changing poo poo around so people like them more.

-Ubisoft executive

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

SpazmasterX posted:

Man everyone really liked the Ezio titles. We should start changing poo poo around so people like them more.

-Ubisoft executive

"Man this game really sucks, I wish it was this way instead"
"Have you tried our remaster?!?!"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm super sick of glowy runic poo poo in fanatsy games. Not everything has to glow jesus.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

veni veni veni posted:

I'm super sick of glowy runic poo poo in fanatsy games. Not everything has to glow jesus.

Yes it does bitch

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

SpazmasterX posted:

Yes it does bitch

Take your glowy lights back to cyberpunk where it belongs obv

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

On the other hand the new god of war is full of glowy runes and poo poo and boy does it work

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
I love glowy graphics in video games. They make everything stand out so that it adds to the user's excitement. Just look at this example:

It's very easy to see and fun to play, yes?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's probably easier to make out what's going on in motion

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
Naw, that's Death Ray Manta. It's actually harder to tell what's going on in motion. It's a totally garbage shooting game that gets a lot of positive reviews on Steam because it's $1.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sid Vicious posted:

On the other hand the new god of war is full of glowy runes and poo poo and boy does it work

its pretty good

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I feel guilty at how little I give a gently caress about Uncharted and God of War and such. I don't dislike them, but I'm so indifferent despite their obvious quality. Am I broken?

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

I feel guilty at how little I give a gently caress about Uncharted and God of War and such. I don't dislike them, but I'm so indifferent despite their obvious quality. Am I broken?

Having played the first two God of War games, they are very solid but nothing to get very excited about. I've started into Bayonetta recently and that game has really gripped me in a way other hack and slash games couldn't. Perhaps give that a try.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

probably, but not as much as this guy

AutumnDDP posted:

Having played the first two God of War games, they are very solid but nothing to get very excited about. I've started into Bayonetta recently and that game has really gripped me in a way other hack and slash games couldn't. Perhaps give that a try.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I didn't like The Last of Us

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Away all Goats posted:

It should have been a miniseries instead of a video game

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the new god of war is really a super sick game, there are no two ways about it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Caesar Saladin posted:

the new god of war is really a super sick game, there are no two ways about it

it is real good

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

probably, but not as much as this guy

God of War is dumb and for silly babies, sorry for your condition.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it is real good

:yeah:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

I thought it was fine, if you were a pre-teen.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AutumnDDP posted:

God of War is dumb and for silly babies, sorry for your condition.

uhh no. It's for adults. Thats why it has boobs and blood in it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

uhh no. It's for adults. Thats why it has boobs and blood in it

Yeah I don't remember super Mario or sonic banging two chicks at once

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You've got to get your mom to turn SafeSearch off first

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sid Vicious posted:

Yeah I don't remember super Mario or sonic banging two chicks at once

yeah, I usually only remeber super mario and sonic when I am banging one chick at a time. I get confused otherwise

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

New God of War owns, but there's too many glowy bits

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Doesn't that have to do with the engine all games are made in these days? Unreal, or Unity, or something.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

mind the walrus posted:

They're video games so whatever

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

New God of War owns, but there's too many glowy bits

New God of War sucks, the combat is terrible and needlessly complicated. 3 different buttons just to throw and retrieve an axe is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Frustrated posted:

New God of War sucks, the combat is terrible and needlessly complicated. 3 different buttons just to throw and retrieve an axe is dumb.

jeez this is why melee combat is lovely in nearly every major game, because of schmucks like you