Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Olympic Mathlete posted:

At least vapes don't make you smell like an old pub ashtray.

I quit smoking (for the second time) about a month ago, and I've been actually using my vaporizer that I bought last summer. Did you guys know you can actually taste the juice when your nose isn't being annihilated by tobacco smoke? When I was smoking all vaping would do was dry out my mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Powershift posted:

If they're anything like Alberta body shops. it'll just say "$5k, gently caress you, pay me"

Insurance paying them $1300 a pop to fix thousands of bumper scrapes really skews the prices.
You think Alberta is bad, price out a windshield in BC.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Fermented Tinal posted:

I have someone from a body shop coming out today to quote me repairs on the bed and paint for the truck. I am nervous and excited at the same time because I feel like I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The light has grown more distant, unfortunately.

The tl;dr is that the guy basically told me to buy the replacement bed.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Verne Troyer died. Was committed to a psych hospital a month ago. Rumors it's suicide.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Verne Troyer died. Was committed to a psych hospital a month ago. Rumors it's suicide.

Sucks, he seemed like a cool guy with a lot of spirit. Also seemed like he had some demons just below the surface. :rip:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Oh god why did I buy that 3lb bag of peanut m&ms at Costco?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress GOLF

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

slidebite posted:

Oh god why did I buy that 3lb bag of peanut m&ms at Costco?

psst

hey

you can buy them on amazon prime too

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just looked at my foot and saw some dry skin on my middle toe. So I peeled it off and now I have a gushing fountain of blood what the gently caress.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

psst

hey

you can buy them on amazon prime too

Yeah, but 3lb peanut m&m on amazon are $23, and will arrive melted (Phoenix). 3.8lb M&M at costco is only $12.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yeah, but 3lb peanut m&m on amazon are $23, and will arrive melted (Phoenix). 3.8lb M&M at costco is only $12.

Oh jeez. They're $13 here in Canada, and that's in Canuckian pesos, so more like $8.50 in real money.

This may be the only time something is cheaper on Amazon in Canada than it is in the US.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Costco, Home Depot, and Binny's are stores that I shouldn't go to by myself unless it's "in and out" shopping. It's easy to spend waaaaaay more than I'd planned

Speaking of impulse purchases, I came across a lefthanded guitar and just bought it for the hell of it. It feels so much more natural than any other guitar I've ever held, I can finally change chords without my brain throwing a belt

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Powershift posted:

I've never really given charging ports a second though, always had batteries fail long before anything else, and with the subsidies they used to give on phones, it used to be cheaper to get a new phone than replace the battery.

Now they require you to be over $105 a month to get the subsidy and aww hell naw

You start at $105 and they bill creep your rear end up to $150
My bill is $85 and includes payments on the phone. Wtf are you guys getting to have stupidly high bills?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Kazinsal posted:

Oh jeez. They're $13 here in Canada, and that's in Canuckian pesos, so more like $8.50 in real money.

This may be the only time something is cheaper on Amazon in Canada than it is in the US.

It was something like $10 :canada: at Costco for a 1.55kg bag, in store deal that ends today.

And I am a very weak willed person. Good thing I took up a martial art and work my rear end off during practice/sparring because if I didn't, holy gently caress would I be fat(ter).

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ilkhan posted:

Wtf are you guys getting to have stupidly high bills?

Unlimited data plus payment and insurance on the latest and greatest flagship.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
The real trick to buying less at Costco is to forego the cart and only buy what you can carry

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

The real trick to buying less at Costco is to forego the cart and only buy what you can carry

But that's like one thing.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BraveUlysses posted:

That leaves it open to at least a TV and multiple racks of ribs and bags of chips.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
The job I just left had me passing Costco on a daily basis, whereas its about a 20 mile one way drive otherwise.

I quickly learned to only buy what I could carry after I started making 3+ visits a week to "pick up the one thing we need" and would regularly walk out with at least $75 of stuff in a cart.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, Costco isn't the place you go to pick up one or two things. (For the most part), it's where you go to pick up enough stuff to last you the month.

Or approx. One Sitting if it's a bag of mini-Snickers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You can get a case of 100 granola bars at Costco for like $13.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
It's so easy to spend a ton there because there is very little that costs under $15.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
If you're not buying an unlocked Huawei for $200 and using Straight Talk for $45/month, you're doing it wrong.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I, too, like chinese keyloggers

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

QuarkMartial posted:

It's so easy to spend a ton there because there is very little that costs under $15.

I think you have that backwards, basically everything is $10-$20 dollars. The deal is so good, and the price is relatively low, so it seems reasonable to just keep adding stuff

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Door Frame posted:

I think you have that backwards, basically everything is $10-$20 dollars. The deal is so good, and the price is relatively low, so it seems reasonable to just keep adding stuff

You just said the exact same thing. Every thing is around 15 bucks, so it's easy to rack that poo poo up quick.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

It's a rare Costco visit when I'm not dropping at least $150, of which $100 is on poo poo I had no idea I wanted until I saw it on the shelf.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You're doing it wrong if you don't go for the 5lb Gummy Bear

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Goober Peas posted:

You're doing it wrong if you don't go for the 5lb Gummy Bear

Watch that video where a guy eats the whole thing and then suffers for two days making GBS threads them out, or at least trying too.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Haha sounds like an express trip to diabetes-ville

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Just got back from dinner at my neighbor's house. They're Indian. She made a couple types of homemade curry. Holy loving poo poo.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Seminal Flu posted:

Holy loving burning poo poo.

Adjusted for accuracy.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Elephanthead posted:

Watch that video where a guy eats the whole thing and then suffers for two days making GBS threads them out, or at least trying too.

Watch skippy62able (aka L.A.Beast) on YouTube. Dude eats an entire fuckin' 5 lb. bag of Haribo sugar-free gummy bears in one sitting. The end of that video is painful to watch.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I use google fi and average $25/mo for my cell phone. It's also really nice being able to go to other countries and not have to activate anything special or whatever and still getting good data speeds for the same rate.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Gingerbread House Music posted:

If you're not buying an unlocked Huawei for $200 and using Straight Talk for $45/month, you're doing it wrong.

Have fun if you ever need customer service. Also, ST speeds suuuuuuuck.

I'll stick to my $43.50 (after taxes) unlimited T-Mobile plan.

Devyl posted:

Watch skippy62able (aka L.A.Beast) on YouTube. Dude eats an entire fuckin' 5 lb. bag of Haribo sugar-free gummy bears in one sitting. The end of that video is painful to watch.

My anus just clenched in fear reading that... followed by a very loud stomach gurgle.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

Adjusted for accuracy.

It'd be worth it. I love me some good curry.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Last time I went to Costco we walked out about $600 poorer. We did have roughly 50kg of meat and enough bog roll and washing machine powder for a year tho...

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
not all curries are spicy :shrug:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Minnesota Mixup posted:

I use google fi and average $25/mo for my cell phone. It's also really nice being able to go to other countries and not have to activate anything special or whatever and still getting good data speeds for the same rate.

And also to know exactly what your bill will be if you go crazy and suck down data. Oh no I burned 7 gigs of data and was only charged 10 bucks a gig for the first 6 dang :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

So I just starting getting into my Rift. Arizona Sunshine is kind of fun but frustrating when it doesn't reload or switch weapons and you're about to be over-run.

• Locked thread