Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

When will we see some movement on the Cohen poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Vladimir Putin posted:

So a greater percentage of boomers are democrats than republicans

Shhh don't tell people who really really think they are right about this

Or they will just say it proves how boomers are exactly who they thought they were: liberals liberals liberals.png

Lycus posted:

Older Boomers are more Democratic than Nixon-loving younger Boomers, but they're gonna die first.

I mean this chart is telling you the opposite but OK if you want this think this.

I mean, literally, the rise in Democratic party affiliation mirrors the entire Boomer generation (which would have been 69-49 when this poll was taken.) And it is the early Gen-Xers, born 64-74, who have equal numbers of Dem/Reps.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

*in a very Tommy Lee Jones voice* Imagine what we’ll “know” tomorrow.”

We jest, but it's so cool! :haw: It's so fascinating to me what we do not know about the human body and how it works and human psychology and behavior is just that much more insanely complex. The functional applications are just as cool

Boon fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Apr 22, 2018

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

And essentially zero legal consequences.

White people doing this kind of poo poo is tacitly accepted by the law as long as they don't go so far as actually killing people.

Yeah, partly because the prosecution screwed the pooch by assuming it was a slam dunk, and a few sovcit idiots snuck into the jury pool. Pretty much only the guy who plead guilty and LaVoy "Tarpman" Finicum have really faced any sort of legal consequence (Yes, I'm including being shot by a LEO a legal consequence, especially when you're a) white as all hell and b) lowered your hands to your holster multiple times while screaming "SHOOT ME!" until the cop gets over your whiteness.)

awesmoe posted:

wasn't that mostly on the juries, not the prosecutors?

A little of column A, a little of column B. Prosecutors were kinda lazy about it, but there was some shenanigans with at least one sovcit on the jury doing his best to confuse everyone into submission...and somehow convincing everyone the solid Guilty juror he couldn't befuddle was the one that should be replaced.

Kavros posted:

I'm not sold yet on the idea they get out of this with no consequences whatsoever.

Last I heard Bundy Sr. was still in prison waiting for the DOJ to bring up charges for his original attempt to fight back against BIG GUVMUNT. And besides, his family has had much of their assets seized and with Bundy out of the way someone could finally clean up the feral, parasite ridden herd of "cattle" Bundy claimed as his. So yeah, not fully free. Though free enough that one of the sons think time's right for him to try for public office.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Google Butt posted:

When will we see some movement on the Cohen poo poo?

You'll have to be more specific, the man is complex

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/987936102601379842

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Every once in a while I see a dude still wearing an Affliction shirt and it blows my mind. At least Ed Hardy finally went away.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CubanMissile posted:

Every once in a while I see a dude still wearing an Affliction shirt and it blows my mind. At least Ed Hardy finally went away.

things don't just die off immediately

i saw a guy in walmart a couple months ago wearing circa 2006 bedazzled bootcut milf jeans

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Time to bring back No Fear shirts

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

America needs JNCO now more than ever

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

RZApublican posted:

America needs JNCO now more than ever

Finally, shorts you can conceal carry an AR-15 with.

edit: basically this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7g4ZO4jge8

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Apr 22, 2018

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
... I was at Affliction : Banned (and the next one too.)

It was everything you imagine it was, 50,000 Bros tweaking on pre-workout pills, in terrible shirts and the same haircut.

Except for me, I mean. Can't believe I was at something Cohen-related :(

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Go to literally any mma event and you'll see a billion affliction shirts, they're 100% alive and well. Also it's not preworkout they're tweaking on

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Not just, anyway.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

And essentially zero legal consequences.

This is the real travesty of the whole thing. They physically destroyed the sanctuary by being the absolute opposite of "responsible people" they claimed to be. Destroying electronics like monitoring devices, "hacking" and stealing data from the computers, destroying and damaging personal belongings of the people employed there, cutting down fences, tearing up property with a bulldozer, ransacking and leaving the buildings full of garbage, destroyed native artifacts, and left literal poo poo everywhere because a hole in the ground for making GBS threads was too complex an idea. They ruined a period of life for the locals around them, terrorized the nearest town and stalked/death threatened the local sheriff and his family, and even got tarp man killed, and kept a group of people in limbo as they couldn't return to work and had to worry about these assholes gathering info on them and coming after them.

And after the dust cleared they got a slap on the wrist at worst and sent on their way.

The only real good that came of it was the wave of "you guys are retards" via dildos and dick gummies and the hilarious ending with Mark the FBI negotiator taunting the last holdouts till they surrendered for the promise of a cookie

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 22, 2018

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

GoutPatrol posted:

Or they will just say it proves how boomers are exactly who they thought they were: liberals liberals liberals.png

I mean this chart is telling you the opposite but OK if you want this think this.

I mean, literally, the rise in Democratic party affiliation mirrors the entire Boomer generation (which would have been 69-49 when this poll was taken.) And it is the early Gen-Xers, born 64-74, who have equal numbers of Dem/Reps.

You’re forgetting the 80’s yuppie Regan Republican shift, ie the “Alex Keaton” type. Most early Gen X shifted this way, while the latter was the 50/50 split you refer to.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Another mass shooting, this time at a Waffle House: http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-injured-shooting-waffle-house-nashville/story?id=54643375

If you guessed the shooter is a white guy with an "assault type" rifle, you're right :haw:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Feldegast42 posted:

That is what I am most afraid of though, as the party of Jim Crow I can easily see them going full apartheid in order to continue to grasp at power. 2020 is going to get really loving ugly.

And what stops them from then all getting their heads caved in with bricks? Apartheid only worked in South Africa because the whites encouraged tribal divisions.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Crow Jane posted:

"assault type" rifle

You could call it that

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

And what stops them from then all getting their heads caved in with bricks? Apartheid only worked in South Africa because the whites encouraged tribal divisions.

And you don’t think we do that in America?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
"Police said the suspect was wearing only a green jacket and was otherwise nude at the time of the shooting." So maybe not all that planned out.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tetrapyloctomy posted:

"Police said the suspect was wearing only a green jacket and was otherwise nude at the time of the shooting." So maybe not all that planned out.
Maybe this is exactly how it was planned out, who are you to judge!?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/988030312088260608

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/988037292932653056

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/988040227167064064

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe this is exactly how it was planned out, who are you to judge!?

Pretty clever if you ask me. The police are looking for a naked guy, all he has to do is put on clothes and they'll never find him

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Whoever said yesterday that they were surprised Donny Dipshit wasn't taking credit for what North Korea is doing...

Also I love how they claim he doesn't spend all his time watching cable news, yet here he is quoting the Fox chyron AGAIN.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Welp. :geno:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they didn't agree to denuclearization you dumb scumfuck.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
(so great for world)

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

GoutPatrol posted:

It's interesting how Republican dissatisfaction has translated into more Independents rather than more Democrats. But it also means this is kind of a useless graph compared to something comparing liberal vs conservative identification. I assume 50% of teens aren't voting for Independents.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

skylined! posted:

(so great for world)

Speaking of, I wonder if the president has an Earth Day message for us

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I read this as "collusion" at first

donnie, the only work you're doing is shutting the gently caress up about it

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Jesus, the doublethink there. “The Justice Department is blocking the GOP! Too bad I’m powerless to do anything about it.” “I’m leading the best negotiations with NK! But nothing might happen, whatever.”

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/IceManNYR/status/988049492963418112?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/22/leaks-trump-deep-state-fbi-cia-michael-flynn

Zuh?

Coelacanthian
Dec 23, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Speaking of, I wonder if the president has an Earth Day message for us

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-president-donald-j-trump-earth-day/

Basically nonsense about better economy = better environment. Rock = orange because round.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Coelacanthian posted:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-president-donald-j-trump-earth-day/

Basically nonsense about better economy = better environment. Rock = orange because round.

I guess it's in the spirit of the day that he's recycling last year's statement

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Someone's getting fired/divorced.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Why the gently caress does CNN keep booking this awful person?

Fool me every loving week for a year, shame on you; fool me every week for over a year, shame on me!

I immediately turn CNN off when Conway or Kingston or Santorum or any of those sorts of people come on. Having these assholes on simply can't be good for ratings.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/SassBaller/status/986942716360712192?s=20

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

PT6A posted:

Why the gently caress does CNN keep booking this awful person?

Fool me every loving week for a year, shame on you; fool me every week for over a year, shame on me!

because she is one of the few trump team people still willing to come on basically every show that will have her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

quote:

Jack Landman Goldsmith is an American lawyer and Harvard Law School professor who has written extensively in the field of international law, civil procedure, cyber law, and national security law. He has been "widely considered one of the brightest stars in the conservative legal firmament.

Just this line from his wikipedia page is hilarious in and of itself.

quote:

During Goldsmith's tenure at the Office of Legal Counsel, he wrote at least two legal memos authorizing a program known as Stellar Wind; his memos said that the president has inherent constitutional power to monitor Americans' communications without a warrant in a time of war.

So a real CHUD then

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 22, 2018

• Locked thread