Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Battleship play at that tier revolves around not presenting broadsides though. But even if we dismissed the monster that is Conq HE, Flamu's already shown that a purely AP firing Conq can be monstrously strong.

It's almost impossible to citadel, and with its stealth, it is very hard to catch out. All it has to do is stop firing and trigger its repair. Its playstyle is "gently caress you lol I'm a conqueror"

At least all the other tier 10 BBs trade something for their gimmicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Just bought a conquerer, and honest review? It is literally the first of my 9 Tier Xs I am in love with.

davejk
Mar 22, 2007

Pillbug
I've killed more things in Conqueror with AP than HE, partly due to the ridiculous concealment and partly because people expect you to keep spamming HE like a moron and turn broadside to you all the time.

The overpowered part is it having a cloaking device and being able to swap out the ship for a new one whenever it takes damage.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Conquerer sounds good if it elicits this reaction.

Double plus good if it causes Flamu to flip out.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

davejk posted:

I've killed more things in Conqueror with AP than HE, partly due to the ridiculous concealment and partly because people expect you to keep spamming HE like a moron and turn broadside to you all the time.

The overpowered part is it having a cloaking device o and being able to swap out the ship for a new one whenever it takes damage.

Yeah, I love being able to light them on fire then erase them when they turn broadside. These ships have been around awhile and nobody, so far, ever seems to expect me to expert loader into AP.

:britain:

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Conquerer sounds good if it elicits this reaction.

Double plus good if it causes Flamu to flip out.

i disagree, as that is loving retarded

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah, I love being able to light them on fire then erase them when they turn broadside. These ships have been around awhile and nobody, so far, ever seems to expect me to expert loader into AP.

:britain:

Its not that they don't expect it, it is that they have no choice

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

I'll never understand why people take their DDs to the far fringe of a map. It's so boring, and you'll almost never get to the carrier in time for it to matter, if his planes don't spot you before you're even in gun range.

But it happens over and over again. Wouldn't you rather be a part of the fight? Shooting? Lighting things on fire? Fighting DDs? Capping points? How is that fun for you?

MikeC posted:

It's great fun fighting a Conqeuror. If you broadside, you get punished by AP or more fires. If he broadsides, he... doesn't. And if the fight turns in your favor, he just... disengages.

You don't need to think about positioning, or angling ( your's or their's ), none of it. I haven't bought mine yet because it just seems so... boring.

You know, if they were going to make the Conq an anti-BB BB, and they wanted to encourage people to make it fight BBs, they should have given it Izumo levels of detection. That would encourage them to fire more, and since they're firing from longer ranges, their primary target would be other BBs.

In turn, this would mean they were using that great big heal to soak up damage while also taking some attention off of the cruisers and DDs, adding more value to the entire team.

NerdyMcNerdNerd fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 22, 2018

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

but wargaming didn't make it as an 'anti-battleship' BB. wargaming doesn't really make 'anti-battleship' anythings anymore unless you count the one gimmicky destroyer line. instead, it's the poster-boy for world of battleships, where all the retarded pubbies can hop in the biggest most impressive ship and click things to delete them and never get deleted themselves
this poo poo

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 22, 2018

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I'll never understand why people take their DDs to the far fringe of a map. It's so boring, and you'll almost never get to the carrier in time for it to matter, if his planes don't spot you before you're even in gun range.

But it happens over and over again. Wouldn't you rather be a part of the fight? Shooting? Lighting things on fire? Fighting DDs? Capping points? How is that fun for you?

Same reason why you get max range sniping BBs. A good chunk of the playerbase are enormous cowards who apparently believe they will die irl if the paint on their internet boats gets scratched. Not to mention that actually fighting the enemy might require a small amount of thinking.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:911:

ST. New camos.

"Freedom" camo is added for the tier VIII American cruiser Cleveland.
-10% to ship's post-battle service cost
+50% to XP earned in the battle
-3% to detectability range by sea
+4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy attacking your ship

"Stars n'Stripes" consumable camo is added to the game.
+75% to Commander XP eared in the battle
+125% to XP earned in the battle
+100% to Free XP earned in the battle

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

:911:

ST. New camos.

"Freedom" camo is added for the tier VIII American cruiser Cleveland.
-10% to ship's post-battle service cost
+50% to XP earned in the battle

Ah, the Type 9/11 camo.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

High School Fleet not enough ~animes~ in your Warships? Well you're in luck because:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKu7LkYlI24

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Yes. We were wondering since the collaboration features Belfast and Wargaming promised never to sell it again. Five of the seven ships featured are premiums, as well.

Hipper flag is the best.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Lunsku posted:

High School Fleet not enough ~animes~ in your Warships? Well you're in luck because:

time to reinstall WoWS! i hope other players can hear all of the azurlane captain's voice clips when i use them in game.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Lunsku posted:

This seems to be an Asian server only deal. but i dunno

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

ElMaligno posted:

This seems to be an Asian server only deal. but i dunno

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

oh yeeeee

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So what's the deal here? Will they be selling ships which have been out of rotation for a while? Or is this just another "grind to get camos for these ships if you have 'em" event?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I'll never understand why people take their DDs to the far fringe of a map.

Because sometimes you get a team full of sleepy boat helmsmen.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
So I've been playing my Yamato. It is... somewhat hard to play, because it doesn't re-position well, and it suffers greatly from poor DD play.

Which is a problem at tier 10.

My average damage is low because while the guns are extremely accurate and consistent, uh.

1) You cannot push as aggressively as say, a Missouri. This is problematic if you mostly solo because you're taking a lot of long range shots, and it is harder for you to pressure a cap.
2) You will be focused, and have to position with the idea that everything which can shoot at you, will shoot at you.
3) The shell velocity is just weird. Floaty, like some of the US BBs, but faster than you'd think.

That said, when you have a team that doesn't fall apart, and you're in the position to exert the leverage of your retarded huge weeb cannons

:meowth:

Still, pretty much every other T10 BB is probably a better choice for a solo player.

NerdyMcNerdNerd fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 22, 2018

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I haven't played this since release, but is there still that mod for leading your shots?

Also, it looks like a bunch of ships that I'd researched have been converted back into monies.

SERPUS fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 22, 2018

davejk
Mar 22, 2007

Pillbug

SERPUS posted:

I haven't played this since release, but is there still that mod for leading your shots?

Aim-assist is gone, and WG will now ban you for using certain mods that were seemingly selected at random (e.g. a minimap mod that lets you blind-fire targets in smoke is fine, but seeing when allies have hydro running is cheating).

Their selection of which mods were bannable was so weird and arbitrary I just stopped using mods entirely.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

MikeC posted:

I beg to differ, sir. I don’t ever broadside a Conquerer unless it is: really far away, I have to to avoid torpedos, or I get surprised by a decloaking Conquerer.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

davejk posted:

Aim-assist is gone, and WG will now ban you for using certain mods that were seemingly selected at random (e.g. a minimap mod that lets you blind-fire targets in smoke is fine, but seeing when allies have hydro running is cheating).

Their selection of which mods were bannable was so weird and arbitrary I just stopped using mods entirely.

It’s not that bad, you can run anything in Aslain’s mod pack or the WG official mod pack that you want. Both can be found on the forums.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Victor Surge posted:

It’s not that bad, you can run anything in Aslain’s mod pack or the WG official mod pack that you want. Both can be found on the forums.
I find mods far less important in WoWs than WoT. For whatever reason its just not that vital. Haven't had mods for ships in quite a while.

Herr Bazooka
May 21, 2007
Only sort of vital mod imo is the one that shows angle of your target in relation to you.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Antiglare.

That damnable :sun:

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

cheese posted:

I find mods far less important in WoWs than WoT. For whatever reason its just not that vital. Haven't had mods for ships in quite a while.

I like the no fog anti-glare, navigation, better zoom out, and panels, but they aren’t necessary

Edit: Looks like they are adding direction lines to the minimap along with detection ribbons

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 22, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Victor Surge posted:

I like the no fog anti-glare, navigation, better zoom out, and panels, but they aren’t necessary

Edit: Looks like they are adding direction lines to the minimap along with detection ribbons

good more rewards for team play please

davejk
Mar 22, 2007

Pillbug

Victor Surge posted:

The consumable display mod was in both mod packs before they banned it. Presumably the WG mod pack is safe, but who knows with Wargaming.

I do find it funny that they banned a mod that helps teamplay while allowing the mods that actually do give unfair advantages over the enemy (the angle indicator and the aiming reticle on the minimap).

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

minimap x mod and navigation mod are must-haves

everything else is aesthetics (i like anti-glare a lot too though)

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

(Not pictured, the spotter aircraft mod I already installed on my Perth, and the DFAA mod on my Des Moines)

I am so amazed at this level of fuckery that I'm convinced radar and speed boost mods have lower percentage drop rates than other mods.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Blindeye posted:

(Not pictured, the spotter aircraft mod I already installed on my Perth, and the DFAA mod on my Des Moines)

I am so amazed at this level of fuckery that I'm convinced radar and speed boost mods have lower percentage drop rates than other mods.

Those are the only 2 mods I've ever gotten v:shobon:v

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

davejk posted:

The consumable display mod was in both mod packs before they banned it. Presumably the WG mod pack is safe, but who knows with Wargaming.

I do find it funny that they banned a mod that helps teamplay while allowing the mods that actually do give unfair advantages over the enemy (the angle indicator and the aiming reticle on the minimap).
Monstromarkers was banned for modifying the scripts.zip file not for actually being cheaty itself.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
ffs wargaming just give me the asashio already

I NEED THIS

Anyways, the most recent WG series, Waterline, covered some stuff upcoming in the future, most notably for me, is that the Flint, Black, and Stalingrad will be purchasable via a new ingame currency, of which they're still prototyping. It'll probably function like Oil (or they might just use Oil, as we currently have no use for our Personal Oil numbers), but what this does mean is that people who aren't in super serious clans have a chance to still get the Stalingrad. THANKS WG

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

ZombieLenin posted:

I beg to differ, sir. I don’t ever broadside a Conquerer unless it is: really far away, I have to to avoid torpedos, or I get surprised by a decloaking Conquerer.

I am sorry that not everyone can emulate your super unicum play and never get caught in a difficult position vs a Conq

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MikeC posted:

I am sorry that not everyone can emulate your super unicum play and never get caught in a difficult position vs a Conq

Once upon a time in my Mogami I was lining up a shot at a battleship that was aiming and sailing away from me at about 13km or so, and my scope was suddenly blurred because a Conqueror decloaked between us with guns point right at me and deleted me, that's my Conqueror story.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm usually garbage at Italian ships but yesterday I held down the west end of a map in my Roma with a Des Moines supporting and killed a Shimakaze, an enemy Des Moines, and a Tirpitz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Finally ground up to Shima, and I swear I'm just cursed in it so far. Either I have a brilliant game and we still lose (just blew up a full hp Minotaur, a full hp Baltimore, helped gun down a Yueyang, 1 solo cap and 1 assist, also blew up a ~50% Monty later in the game -- and we somehow still lost), I have active team killers (torp'd from behind by a Fletcher in one game, and a Neptune in another, this is in the span of 10 games), and in two I've just potato'd myself completely and misjudged how quickly I could disengage when trying to push to get a cap.

Clearly the problem is I'm playing the objectives, I think I should just start cruising down the 10 line torp'ing BBs from 12km. Maybe switch to the 20km's instead.