Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
It's only fair to re-pillage the items they pillaged from us.

Plus some more for all the hard work we had to do. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
To Marrakesh!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

im sure nothing will go wrong with our army that is unable to retreat from enemy territory

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Zikan posted:

im sure nothing will go wrong with our army that is unable to retreat from enemy territory

Retreat? In our moment of triumph?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

At last, we will repay the accursed Berbers for every drop of blood they've spilled, every indignity we've been forced to suffer! Tangier and Marrakesh will fall, their empire across the sea will collapse, and every Almoravid will be hunted down like the beasts they are! We will have our vengeance, and all the world will have its justice!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Ok funny joke but come on where's the real update, there's no way something good ever actually happened to Al-Andalus.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Been meaning to post another map, and borders will probably be shifting around soon, so he's a look at the world of 1828:

The colours represent the official in-game coalitions, with red for Almoravid, yellowish/gold for Tirruni, and white for neutral (even if they're in a separate conflict). Still not happy with the font colours, but oh well. Also added to the update.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
The Tirruni are going to bone us big soon (again), I would bet every Andalusi Denar I own on it.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Crazycryodude posted:

Ok funny joke but come on where's the real update, there's no way something good ever actually happened to Al-Andalus.

This is just the lull as the arm is pulled back to deliver the next blow.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder how the Almoravid's manpower is doing. Between long term attrition and the loss of that big ol doomstack that cant have that much to throw at us right?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

They've got the entire subcontinent of India to throw at us, the bottleneck is just how fast they can ship conscripts over.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Meanwhile our manpower is dry. Losing that battle to relieve Toledo really hurt, those troops were hard to replace.

On the other hand, we can run riot through North Africa for a few months. I've never played MotE, is there a "loot every last thing possible so that the war may feed itself" setting we can turn our troops to?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Holy poo poo, it may still happen yet but I was sure things were going down in flames. But drat it, if it does we're going to burn as much as possible down with us. What a roller coaster of an update.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

"Immolate ourselves but at least set the rest of the world on fire too" has been pretty much the Andalusi MO for the past few centuries so yeah I don't expect to actually win but at least everyone's gonna suffer with us.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

They've got the entire subcontinent of India to throw at us, the bottleneck is just how fast they can ship conscripts over.

the more concripts they have in the ocean the less they have maintaining order of their colonies :unsmigghh:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I enjoy the continuing adventures of “The Little Greek Kingdom that Could.” This is a kingdom that, despite being abandoned and beat down repeatedly, now seems embroiled in an occupation of Sardinia.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I would say it's time to do or die, but I think we all know it's going to mostly be dying.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
If the invasion doesn't go well, I blame TIrruni for not adequately funding our war effort. :colbert:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Crazycryodude posted:

Nobody panic, I haven't played past the last chapter yet, I just loaded a random save and threw men into Africa, so this isn't actually from the next update

or is it?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Hashim posted:

Nobody panic, I haven't played past the last chapter yet, I just loaded a random save and threw men into Africa, so this isn't actually from the next update

or is it?

Don't do this to us.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

or is it?

:(

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

All our victories swept in the sand, like tears in the rain.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Clearly our diversionary force while our main army is storming their capital and beheading their king

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Better to die in Morocco than live with the shame of defeat

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I’ve died at least 3 or 4 times, all shameful and all in Al-Andalus. It’s a wasn’t so bad.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

if you die in morocco you die in real life

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

oystertoadfish posted:

if you die in morocco you die in real life

For Andalusi glory? Worth it! :colbert:

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Hashim posted:

or is it?

All is right in the world.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hashim posted:

or is it?
That's the Al Andalus we know and love :allears:

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

Hashim posted:

or is it?

:sigh:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
My dream is that we occupy all of morocco proper, but our soldiers are unable to return to the peninsula and they occupy all of our territory.

Then we can just trade!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm unconcerned. The Moroccans are decadent sots, and were rightly punished for invading Toledo. What is it that those crazy Christians say? Deus Vult? Well, that's heretical, but we shall defeat these Almoravid drunks all the same, insh'allah.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I'm considering going back to being a coastal hermit. Or I would, but people keep shooting all the nice shore caves.

There's just no winning in andalusiaworld.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Retreat? In our moment of triumph?
If there's one thing I know about Al-Andalus, it's that we can't get our dick cut off until we're so overconfident that we're waving it around in triumph

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I'm really curious as to what sort of nonsense is going on in the new world while this decade of war happens in the old.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

WilliamAnderson posted:

I'm really curious as to what sort of nonsense is going on in the new world while this decade of war happens in the old.

Three words, "North sea Empire"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Especially as the Almorovids have no manpower left except that they can pull from the colonies. We could see a full on colonial collapse.

Too bad Gharbia doesn't remember from whence they came! Those gits should be helping us!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I did briefly consider holding votes for what could've happened in ROTW whilst Europe burns, but it seemed like way too much of a hassle for just 10 or so years, so I'll probably leave everything as it ended in EU4, maybe with a couple random events thrown in or something. There's likely going to a congress opening up Victoria 2 anyways, to help decide the fates of the defeated nations and reshape the post-war world, so that's where most of my attention (and effort) will be going. So if, for example, the Almoravids are defeated badly enough, then we (but mostly the other victors) will have a part in deciding what'll happen to their empire then.

Of course, the complete opposite will happen if we lose the war badly enough, like if Qadis is captured or something. In that case, it'll be down to the AI to decide what'll happen to Iberia.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 23, 2018

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Hashim posted:

I did briefly consider holding votes for what could've happened in ROTW whilst Europe burns, but it seemed like way too much of a hassle for just 10 or so years, so I'll probably leave everything as it ended in EU4, maybe with a couple random events thrown in or something. There's likely going to a congress opening up Victoria 2 anyways, to help decide the fates of the defeated nations and reshape the post-war world, so that's where most of my attention (and effort) will be going. So if, for example, the Almoravids are defeated badly enough, then we (but mostly the other victors) will have a part in deciding what'll happen to their empire then.

Of course, the complete opposite will happen if we lose the war badly enough, like if Qadis is captured or something. In that case, it'll be down to the AI to decide what'll happen to Iberia.

I'm cool with DM fiat deciding what happened overseas, but this seems like a major inflection point in the history of the world. I feel like you should adjust results as you see fit without waiting on us Goons to gently caress it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah for real if morocco actually falls to this invasion it seems like india should rebel or something, or the new world nations might pounce or idk something Bad would happen to the empire