Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
good products which are a joy to use will drive you directly into a highway gore at high speed, this is entirely your own fault for enjoying our high quality product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

loll cars need to be built to a higher standard than phones or laptops, so a direct comparison is not a good look, and that’s part of Tesla’s problem. Apple products aren’t going to kill you or others

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
idk, i'm pretty sure the macbook keyboards could drive someone to kill

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

infernal machines posted:

if l ron musk wants to shove durians up he butt, i say let him

I emagine elon tesla shipping in canned martian air at extreme cost so he can huff it spaceball style

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

elon's musk, special reserve

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Chevy has an electric car that is cheaper and better than the model lol

it also actually exists and you can buy one right now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah but does it have a stupid loving tablet in place of an instrument cluster?

i bet it doesn't even require a touch screen to open the glove box

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
the chevy bolt is just ugly

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

poty posted:

ahem...

turn on youre monitor

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

poty posted:

agreed, ugly, the Chevy bolt is just

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

poty posted:

oh well okay then hail elon I guess

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

savior of mankind, lord of reddit

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

I HAVE GOUT posted:

Elon Musk is one of the greatest of people in the entirety of history.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

oh well okay then hail elon I guess

so aesthetics aside why do you think that the bolt is better than the 3

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

poty posted:

so aesthetics aside why do you think that the bolt is better than the 3

it’s made using actual safety guidelines and GM takes better care of their employees

also you have actual dealers to visit and get support for it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the manufacturer will be in business in five years

poty
Jun 21, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it’s made using actual safety guidelines and GM takes better care of their employees

also you have actual dealers to visit and get support for it

yes employee happiness has a lot to do with how good a product is see foxconn

i dont know whats the situation regarding tesla support but i sure as gently caress wont miss haggling at crazy bobs dealership

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

this is gimmick of yours is really boring

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

poty posted:

yes employee happiness has a lot to do with how good a product is see foxconn

i dont know whats the situation regarding tesla support but i sure as gently caress wont miss haggling at crazy bobs dealership

support companies that do good by their employees you fuckin scab

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The osha investigation is “an ideologically motivated attack by an extremist organization working directly with union supporters to create a calculated disinformation campaign against Tesla.” lmfao

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

support companies that do good by their employees you fuckin scab

I mean, on the one hand: no ethical consumption under capitalism, but that still doesn't mean "find the worst rear end in a top hat and hand him your money (getting a lovely product for too much into the bargain)?

So, in conclusion, drunk driving may kill a lot of people, but someday one of those people might have been someone who said something good about 'Ol Musky, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

think about the net safety increase if autopilot kills a criminal,

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
bump

I had a vivid dream a couple months ago that I got to ride in a suborbital test of one of the dragon capsules, with elon musk

woke up feeling very strange and the event has brought me shame since

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
but did you get head

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

my goog maps on ios still allows downloading offline maps ??

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

its a thread close enough wontfix

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
bump

saw a tesla today. some affluent boomer was behind the wheel.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i keyed a tesla :twisted:

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

I HAVE GOUT posted:

"Any person who was born into a rich family is automatically evil and there is nothing they can do to redeem themselves" - literally jesus christ

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

the rules lawyering that wealthy christians pull off to get out of following jesus' teachings on wealth and greed is truly amazing

"no, you see, "the eye of the needle" is not a literal eye of a needle, it was actually the name for a small entrance through the walls of jerusalem, and a camel would have to stoop down to get through this gate, so when jesus made that comparison all he meant was that a rich person has to stoop down like that i.e. be pious and then they are totally able to get into heaven, it's right in the bible"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

p. sure that jesus' core message was that we're all redeemable if we make amends but i haven't been to chuch in forever and a half

also as a lapsed catholic my plan is to make a deathbed confession

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

"no, you see, "the eye of the needle" is not a literal eye of a needle, it was actually the name for a small entrance through the walls of jerusalem, and a camel would have to stoop down to get through this gate, so when jesus made that comparison all he meant was that a rich person has to stoop down like that i.e. be pious and then they are totally able to get into heaven, it's right in the bible"

this is immediately what popped into my head when i started reading your post.

also lol at evangelicals who insist that mormons aren’t christians too.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

FrozenVent posted:

p. sure that jesus' core message was that we're all redeemable if we make amends but i haven't been to chuch in forever and a half

also as a lapsed catholic my plan is to make a deathbed confession

luke 6:24 says "woe to those who are rich, for they have already received their comfort". it's part of the sermon on the mount, the single most important set of jesus' teachings

but i bet you've never heard anyone quote that particular part eh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

President Beep posted:

this is immediately what popped into my head when i started reading your post.

also lol at evangelicals who insist that mormons aren’t christians too.

the long story is they aren’t

the short story is they super duper aren’t

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
the sermon on the mount is a super rad errata slip for everything hosed up in the old T

its like jesus shaking people and shouting YOU DONT HAVE TO BE SUCH A poo poo ALL THE TIME over and over again

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yeah muslims are probably more christian than mormons

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

infernal machines posted:

idk, i'm pretty sure the macbook keyboards could drive someone to kill

Teslas do that by design

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

yeah muslims are probably more christian than mormons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTYEtttwU18

Mormonism is closer to Scientology than it is to christianity, mormons just use christian god names because in the 1800's it was easier to get people to buy into

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ah, yes! this must all be some nefarious lie then!
:twisted:

https://www.lds.org/topics/christians?lang=eng

they even have the gall to put “christ” in their name! they’ll definitely burn in hell for that one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
so is there any religion under which muskman isn’t utterly hosed?

maybe that’s why he’s trying to die on mars, he wants to escape god’s fury

• Locked thread