Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Have Blue posted:

Yeah stillsuits run off pumps in the heels iirc so the faster you walk without rhythm the faster you suck the poo poo out of your rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Gatekeeper posted:

when I was very young my parents had a German Shepherd named Atilla who wasn't wild about kids, especially an annoying lil kid like me who was always pulling his ears and tail and trying to ride on him. when my sister was born, Atilla really hated having two annoying children around and he started to get pretty grumpy, eventually snapping at my sister and almost biting her. my dad worked with a guy who lived on a farm, like a real deal farm with acres of land and lots of chickens and cows and horses and poo poo. Atilla went to live on this farm and enjoyed a long happy life of chasing chickens and rabbits and running free through the corn fields and poo poo.

And what did my parents tell me, to explain Atilla's absence? "Atilla got sick, so we had to put him to sleep." I only learned the truth as a teenager when my godmother was visiting and asked about Atilla and my mom slipped and said "oh yeah he passed away a couple of years ago". I was like "wtf I thought he died when I was five??"

i'm the only kid who's dog actually went to live on a farm, but who's parents told him the dog was put to sleep. I guess their reasoning was something like they didn't want me to resent my little sister for being the reason why we had to give away the dog, but I still think it's hilarious that they did the exact opposite of every other parent and let me cry over my "dead" dog who had literally gone to live on a farm

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Now I want to read a subversion of Old Yeller where the dog kills the family to save the day.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I thought Swery's game was just an adorable cat village detective thing did I miss something

I think we're back to the cat village.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pick posted:

I think we're back to the cat village.

Well they are both about petting pussies, so it's not hard to see how he got from the original concept to the final iteration :pseudo:.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well they are both about petting pussies, so it's not hard to see how he got from the original concept to the final iteration :pseudo:.

What is this catastrophic derail?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What is this catastrophic derail?

Ugh, puns again. How masturbatory

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You know this is really off-putting to some people who already think you have some right down jack-it fetisch.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tony Snark posted:

Now I want to read a subversion of Old Yeller where the dog kills the family to save the day.

canine immunocompromise virus has made the jump to humans (patient zero is a family in colorado who refused to kill their lovely dog)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Karate Bastard posted:

You know this is really off-putting to some people who already think you have some right down jack-it fetisch.

i just blammed all over ur North Face

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So No More Heroes but with a girl?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

So No More Heroes but with a girl?

Wasn't that Lollipop Chainsaw?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Was thinking that, actually. I mean more that you jack off to power up. But ah well.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Krankenstyle posted:

canine immunocompromise virus has made the jump to humans (patient zero is a family in colorado who refused to kill their lovely dog)

word? i'm googlin but can't find any deets on this, do you have any more info about this? (I can't even find the specific phrase "canine immunocompromise virus" :/)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Gatekeeper posted:

word? i'm googlin but can't find any deets on this, do you have any more info about this? (I can't even find the specific phrase "canine immunocompromise virus" :/)

word, dogg

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Krankenstyle posted:

How morally inept do you have to be to catch dog AIDS?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Pirate Radar posted:

How morally inept do you have to be to catch dog AIDS?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Gatekeeper posted:

Same. I’m starting to think Krankenstyle might be cooking up one monster of a story.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

This cartoon never fails to piss me off. Like I guess it's supposed to be him drinking some bitch's piss from a urine pregnancy test... But there is no urine pregnancy test in dogs. So the semen theory actually makes more sense. gently caress you Jim Davis.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Dixville posted:

This cartoon never fails to piss me off. Like I guess it's supposed to be him drinking some bitch's piss from a urine pregnancy test... But there is no urine pregnancy test in dogs. So the semen theory actually makes more sense. gently caress you Jim Davis.

It’s a cup of dog semen.

E: wait

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Dixville posted:

The official Davis explanation is that back during his formative years on the farm, there would be this drink you would give to pregnant cows to ensure they’d have all the right nutrients and without doing any research he assumed there would be some equivalent for dogs. Why it was in a coffee mug remains a mystery.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
To be more specific, it’s her cup of dog semen. Because, really, why would you put dog jizz in a coffee cup if you didn’t intend to drink it?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

HerStuddMuffin posted:

To be more specific, it’s her cup of dog semen. Because, really, why would you put dog jizz in a coffee cup if you didn’t intend to drink it?

Observe her face in the last panel. She is happy to have seen a man drink dog semen. They are gonna go on a date soon after to discuss the experience.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
She's a woman of science.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

As a ver, Liz would know that boys only get pregnant if the dog semen goes into their butt holes.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

FactsAreUseless posted:

As a ver, Liz would know that boys only get pregnant if the dog semen goes into their butt holes.

Science bitches

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

sebmojo posted:

Science bitches

Oh I love breaking bad!!!!!!!!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Where does Jon fit into the Omegaverse?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
gently caress you.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

sebmojo posted:

Science bitches

I f*cking love science!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

FactsAreUseless posted:

Clearly Jon just has a butthole for a mouth, in the same way that WET BUTT had the word "HOMO"

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Steamed Hams Except It's Jon Arbuckle Chugging Dog Cum

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Squashing Machine posted:

I've thought long and hard on this subject.

1) It's dog semen
The prevailing theory. However, there are many problems with this theory. As Garfield is at least a family-friendly comic strip, if not expressly produced for the consumption of children, then why would Jim Davis expect his audience to know that it's a cup full of semen or to even know what semen is? Additionally, why would the semen be stored at room temperature in an open container? Was Liz planning on artificially inseminating a dog immediately after giving Garfield his checkup and just letting the semen warm up in the meantime? Finally, ingesting semen does not cause dogs or humans to become pregnant. Totally bogus.

2) It's medicine for pregnant dogs
Somewhat more plausible. Despite the same questions raised over Liz storing the liquid in an open, unrefrigerated container, it's possible that it could be some sort of medication or nutritional supplement, also implied by Liz specifically saying that Jon was going to have a litter of "healthy" puppies.

3) It's cold coffee and Liz is loving with Jon
Jon says it's a "cup of coffee," and from the angle he should be able to see it's a black or brown liquid. Drinking unexpectedly cold coffee could cause the reaction Jon displays in the third panel, because people generally find room-temperature coffee to be unpleasant. And, historically, Liz has regarded Jon with a kind of withering amusement, and it would fit with her character to make up something to shock and humiliate him.

4) Jim Davis doesn't know how babies are made
Jim Davis has made a media empire out of the comedic and artistic equivalent of unflavored yogurt. He's a dim, simple man who tapped into the collective consciousness of a dim, simple people. It's entirely possible that he has no concept of how puppies are conceived. Maybe the joke makes complete sense to Jim. Maybe Garfield operates in an alternate reality where insemination is not only possible orally, but across genders and species. If nothing else, Jim Davis is likely some kind of sex pervert. Just look at how the lady with spiders for eyes is posed. She's practically presenting. She reads as the kind of sexual freak who would leave a coffee cup full of dog cum just sitting around her workspace. Maybe she jacked off Odie immediately before Garfield's appointment. The fact that this comic strip---which has haunted me ever since I read it in Garfield: Life in the Fat Lane: His 28th Book as a child---still runs in syndication is a cruel joke. When Jim Davis is finally tried and executed for corrupting the nation's youth, I hope that there's huge crowd of spectators and that they greet him with howls of execration.

Serge Painsbourg has a new favorite as of 01:04 on Apr 23, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

fruit on the bottom posted:

The official Davis explanation is that back during his formative years on the farm, there would be this drink you would give to pregnant cows to ensure they’d have all the right nutrients and without doing any research he assumed there would be some equivalent for dogs. Why it was in a coffee mug remains a mystery.

So he thought the vitamin drink actually got them pregnant instead of preparing them for it? I still think semen makes marginally more sense as it at least has genetic material. Even if it's from another species. And taken orally. By a male.
See, this is why it pisses me off every time!
gently caress you Jim Davis

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dixville posted:

So he thought the vitamin drink actually got them pregnant instead of preparing them for it?

He did not.

E: I wanted to say, your bitch-piss theory was one I have never, ever heard before. Points for originality.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Just keep quoting this til people finally move on

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Doc Hawkins posted:

He did not.

E: I wanted to say, your bitch-piss theory was one I have never, ever heard before. Points for originality.

Tyvm, that means a lot to me

Caufman
May 7, 2007
There is no distinction to be made between the mouth and the anus. It is all one hole.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Even if the vitamin explanation has any truth to it, why the hell would Liz keep it in a coffee cup, and on the table she's examining the Garf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Jim Davis has made more money from his idiot cat cartoon than everyone on this page combined will make in their life.