Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

This owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Stuff like this makes me miss how much I used to travel.
Yeah, traveling is hella fun. It's what I plan to do once my daughter graduates college.

gmq posted:

My plan so far was to stay that extra week in Tokyo to relax and explore on my own and your post confirms it's not that bad of an idea, thanks.

Nope. :negative:
Discovering weird/cool/unusual things around Tokyo was fun as heck. Hell, one of the places I visited with Sugita was Taniguchi Gakki and when he saw me grab what he dubbed my "Tokyo Lover" (a Japanese-made ESP that he called that because it had a color scheme that reminded him of Erica Fontaine), he was all "Wait, you're a lefty? :raise:". I never wanted to leave that store.

Also, this one time Nakamura accompanied us because I wanted to explore the place Sugita called his "Holy Land Pilgrimage" (turns out it's Tokyo Big Sight, because of course) off-season and he took the wrong train and yelled at both of us over the phone. :mmmhmm:

While it certainly would make it easier to go "off the designated area" to find fun places, you don't need to speak Japanese to move around Tokyo without much problem. Might want to learn some basic traffic signs a little bit, even though it's still fairly easy to make out what most things mean. Overall, if you're gonna be traveling around with someone, you should be fine.

Eela6 posted:

GMQ, I don't know if you're the outdoorsy type, but Japan has a lot of really beautiful forest & mountain areas that might be fun to explore! All of my friends who have gone hiking in Japan have just loved it.
This is true. :kimchi:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

homeless snail posted:

I already suggested aokigahara though
Sekigahara is better, to be sincere with you.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Overall, if you're gonna be traveling around with someone, you should be fine.

I'm going to be on my own that week. :ohdear:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gmq posted:

I'm going to be on my own that week. :ohdear:
While I do recommend you to read a bit, at least to get familiar with traffic/indication signs, you'll be fine. Pretty much everything in Tokyo has signs.

For example, if you see a sign that says「止めろ」or just something where the kanjis are very emphasized 「止」or「停」 it means "It'd be wise to stop right there, skippy".

Some of the basic stuff is:
  • 「北」means north
  • 「南」means south
  • 「西」West
  • 「東」East
  • 「上」Up/Above
  • 「下」Down/Below
  • 「左」Left
  • 「右」Right

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

shocked to discover this isnt takagi san now that im not on my phone

same mangaka

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It took me 16 weeks, but I've watched all 18 MCU movies and I'm fuckin' ready for Infinity War on Thursday.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

It took me 16 weeks, but I've watched all 18 MCU movies and I'm fuckin' ready for Infinity War on Thursday.

you could have just watched 1 and gotten the same result

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I've watched everything except dr strange and spiderman

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I watched man of steel, suicide squad, and justice league and I can not freaking wait for the Infinite Wars

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

i've been watching them recently too with a friend who got tired of my excuse of I Haven't Seen Them So I Can't Go To Premiers.

the last one i saw was Iron Man 3 and wow you thought Iron Man 2 was bad!!

i hate tony stark so much

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

More like Infinity Bore!

Edit: Exclamation mark added to indicate jocularity.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 23, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is that the same guy that did the elf and orc comics?

E: Also wow, sorry, guess I won't have enthusiasm for anything else.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked spider man and black panther

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was legit trying to make conversation, not trying to put you down, I'm sorry.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

civil war is the best avengers

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

IM3 is the only marvel movie I've liked more on a rewatch tbh.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

dogsicle posted:

i liked spider man and black panther

These + Deadpool are the good ones imo

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

deadpool isn't part of the MCU!!!!!!!!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I was gonna post something else but I forgot while typing the comicbook post

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Aurora posted:

deadpool isn't part of the MCU!!!!!!!!

What do you mean, he had that movie with the vulture

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

where does marvel disk wars fall in the MCU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I appreciate Captain America as a character these times we live in. I hope thats something that will have aged well as I continue watching these sometimes Good, sometimes Not, movies

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Marvel dick wars

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

Marvel dick wars
that would be a much better show imo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

https://twitter.com/mugenjin/status/982784775436906496

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

Marvel dick wars

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

:shittypop:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Expect My Mom posted:

I appreciate Captain America as a character these times we live in. I hope thats something that will have aged well as I continue watching these sometimes Good, sometimes Not, movies

I'm on board with this point of view. Sometimes I feel like I have to prove my american-ness to other people and I know that if he were real captain america would hold me close and whisper softly into my ear: "you're a real american"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

VostokProgram posted:

I'm on board with this point of view. Sometimes I feel like I have to prove my american-ness to other people and I know that if he were real captain america would hold me close and whisper softly into my ear: "you're a real american"

And make sweet love to you?

Yeah my fantasies go there more than I like to admit.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

lol

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/click_burgundy/status/906565887418703872

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You doomed us all!

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Anyone who says I'm not American enough can challenge me to an American-style cook-off

If you can't defeat my philly cheesesteak or fried chicken you can get the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I want some fried chicken....

• Locked thread