Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

President Beep posted:

ah, yes! this must all be some nefarious lie then!
:twisted:

https://www.lds.org/topics/christians?lang=eng

they even have the gall to put “christ” in their name! they’ll definitely burn in hell for that one!
ok buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
But what if elon musk made an OS? What would it be like? It would suck and be a pos like all the others, yes. But what would set it apart from the rest?

At the very least, there'd be no error messages or support for PC speaker, cuz that would beep.

The literal rattling of the hard drive would be the only warning sign before your data is lost.

Maximum refresh rate would be around 0.1 frames per second - anything more would permit the OS to display flashing things.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

ah, yes! this must all be some nefarious lie then!
:twisted:

https://www.lds.org/topics/christians?lang=eng

they even have the gall to put “christ” in their name! they’ll definitely burn in hell for that one!

Relax bro, let's have a beer and talk about it. Oh wait...

:(

E: How do you stop a mormon from drinking all your beer on your fishing trip? Invite another mormon.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Schadenboner posted:

Relax bro, let's have a beer and talk about it. Oh wait...

:(

oh dont worry about that. im a godless degenerate.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
hail satan or w/e

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I mean, granted it's a been a while since I was Catholic or Christian or whatever but even Protestant laity can gain benefit from their sacraments if they receive them with the proper mindset (that is, the recipient is acting in good faith and a state of ignorance, even though their sacramental ministers be in a sinful state of rebellion against the Church) because the sacraments are Ex opere operato and aren't dependent on the merit of the one who performs the work but rather derive their value through grace.

So I guess the TLDR is the Mormons are Christians if they think they are?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 23, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, granted it's a been a while since I was Catholic or Christian or whatever but even Protestant laity can gain benefit from their sacraments if they receive them with the proper mindset (that is, the recipient is acting in good faith and a state of ignorance, even though their sacramental ministers be in a sinful state of rebellion against the Church) because the sacraments are Ex opere operato and aren't dependent on the merit of the one who performs the work but rather derive their value through grace.

So I guess the TLDR is the Mormons are Christians if they think they are?

i believe the two main things that christians call out about mormonism is 1) the belief that you can transcend humanity and become a god in the afterlife doesn't worth with the monotheistic bit of christianity 2) the joseph smith being a prophet who helps judge your soul doesnt work well with the really confusing aspects of the trinity

anyways elong ducks is bad

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i believe the two main things that christians call out about mormonism is 1) the belief that you can transcend humanity and become a god in the afterlife doesn't worth with the monotheistic bit of christianity 2) the joseph smith being a prophet who helps judge your soul doesnt work well with the really confusing aspects of the trinity

anyways elong ducks is bad

I mean, rank-and-file Mormons probably don't go heavy into the weirdness?

Although they are responsible for stirring up the Bugs by building Fort Jospeh Smith inside the quarantine zone so it's impossible to say?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

yeah but have you heard of elon musk? i hear he stinks!

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

so is there any religion under which muskman isn’t utterly hosed?

maybe that’s why he’s trying to die on mars, he wants to escape god’s fury

laveyan satanism

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Poniard posted:

yeah but have you heard of elon musk? i hear he stinks!

Washed in the blood of the lamb should he be, not the blood of the workers.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

to me, looking from the outside in, a christian is someone who accepts jesus christ as the messiah, which mormons explicitly do. people i’ve encountered who insist mormons aren’t christians invariably argue that from a very biased, religious place.

e: im done with my lovely derail. ive said my (prince of) piece

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
every sect thinks the other sects are invalid.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the truth is that they're all invalid

- elin "musk" musk

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i don't know if this is better or worse than that pathetic "tesla is actually good guys" gimmick

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

elon musk sucks rear end and if you disagree you also suck rear end

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Cocoa Crispies posted:

laveyan satanism

elon musk would fit right in

https://twitter.com/ChurchofSatan/status/987853779876773888

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, rank-and-file Mormons probably don't go heavy into the weirdness?

the stuff that other christians consider "weird" is pretty drat close to the heart of the matter

• mormon sacraments are administered in closed sessions, for mormons only

• they literally have their own holy text unrelated to other christian holy books

• every mormon, bar none, wears holy underwear every day. that's a normal part of mormon life. (there's nothing wrong with that, but it is quite different from the rest of christendom)

like sure you can make this hairsplitting argument that mormons are, in some sense, christians, but they are still a very distinctive bunch with a very different religious belief and practice from, say, episcopalians

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
elon mush wants a monopoly on autonomous killing machines, makes a ridiculous scare video about micros drones while selling multi-ton death bots retail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBKmzL1WkSs

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sham bam bamina! posted:

yeah muslims are probably more christian than mormons

i think the major difference here is that mormons self-identify as christians

mormonism is very significantly different from classic christianity, at least as different as islam is, but muslims don't call themselves "christian" and mormons do

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Shaggar posted:

every sect thinks the other sects are invalid.

Unitarian Universalists think all sects are valid

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 23, 2018

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
this is a really good page of elong musk bumps, keep it up everyone :)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sham bam bamina! posted:

:tipshat:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

infernal machines posted:

elon mush wants a monopoly on autonomous killing machines, makes a ridiculous scare video about micros drones while selling multi-ton death bots retail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBKmzL1WkSs

it’s pretty disingenuous. if his tech were good it would be hoovered up by the military, and no way he’d turn down trucks full of cash for those contracts

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

OldAlias posted:

it’s pretty disingenuous. if his tech were good it would be hoovered up by the military, and no way he’d turn down trucks full of cash for those contracts

you could probably make this drone right now to be honest but there are cheaper and easier ways to kill people, so why bother?

target recognition is ridiculous anyways because if you want to assassinate someone you want plausible deniability. kind hard to do that when murderdrone inc has an exclusive manufacturing contract with the us government

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm sure the us army is working on a way to ship fleets of teslas to roam the streets of hama

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i'm sure the us army is working on a way to ship fleets of teslas to roam the streets of hama

the junk ol' musky turned into space trash is going to loop around something in the asteroid belt and be launched into a middle eastern wedding

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It is very likely that Elon Musk is God, given that hes created so many things. A hero.

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
And on the 5683535272637th day, God created SpaceX

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Oklahoma needs more charging infrastructure to make that practical

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
elong musk stinks and i hate him

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

We Can Dismember Them For You Retail

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Erlonk Muskman

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bum;p

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Building rockets from scratch lol ok

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

they forgot inventing the electric car

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the chemical element Lithium is name after Elon, the father of batteries

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
but he put the first electric car in space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If he wasn't a retard he would have made it solar powered, it's not gonna be able to go anywhere there are no chargers in space

• Locked thread