Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Mario death mask posted:

I could go for a really good Cobb or wedge salad right about now

You seem a bit confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

peg me

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Roz my peg hole

What is a boy to do

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Mario death mask posted:

Roz my peg hole

What is a boy to do

I'd be her garbage man any day

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Recently I tried to watch this one episode that sounded very Roz centric but turned out it had Zooey Deschanel guest starring as a punching bag for kids these days jokes and I turned it off. Good decision?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Recently I tried to watch this one episode that sounded very Roz centric but turned out it had Zooey Deschanel guest starring as a punching bag for kids these days jokes and I turned it off. Good decision?

Wow, I never realized it was her. She looked very different the in 2002.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It is not a good one. I love Frasier but there's lots of episodes I skip because they're flat out not good. Anything involving Dr. Mary, anything involving Daphne's family, and any episode where someone's family member shows up for one episode (Roz's cousin, Martin's brother, etc).

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

The decision to watch less fraisier is almost never correct also holy poo poo that was zoey deschanel she is older than I thought (and so then also therefore much too old to be doing what she's doing now)

naem
May 29, 2011

lol but seriously I posted:

The decision to watch less fraisier is almost never correct also holy poo poo that was zoey deschanel she is older than I thought (and so then also therefore much too old to be doing what she's doing now)

Why is she doing now

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

She's 38. I don't think that's too old to still be an actress.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I saw Elf recently and Zooey Deschanel being the Comedy Manchild Love Interest took me by surprise.

And yea, 38 is too old to be playing whoever the New Girl is supposed to be.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
My first memory of seeing her in anything is Almost Famous, and that movie is old enough to vote in the upcoming elections.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

naem posted:

Why is she doing now

Playing a young person

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Being 23 and acting like that character: loving weird, but whatever

Being 38 and acting like that: gently caress off, weirdo

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

ElGroucho posted:

Playing a young person

Given the number of shows and movies that inexplicably cast mid to late 20s actors as high school students, I think she's fine

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Given the number of shows and movies that inexplicably cast mid to late 20s actors as high school students, I think she's fine

Probably not so inexplicable given the can of worms and red tape you get from casting actual teenagers.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Probably not so inexplicable given the can of worms and red tape you get from casting actual teenagers.

Eh, true. I did think that as I wrote it.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
saw a recent picture of one of my high school classmates and holy moley she looks a lot like frasier's agent! :wth:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Did she have a soul when you knew her?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
The New Girl Season One: New Girl has a hot and sweaty night thanks to a new FWB

The New Girl Season Ten: New Girl has a hot and sweaty night thanks to perimenopause

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I hated Daphne's mom but Simon was pretty funny. Anthony LaPaglia knew his character casting was ridiculous and went all in on it.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Beachcomber posted:

Did she have a soul when you knew her?

yes, very much so

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

I kind of like that episode. Boss man gets laid, I think, so that's good.

I don't think it's so much that she's young, it's that she's an obnoxiously jaded youth. It's definitely a real type personality. But for some reason it's the only personality Deschanel ever conveys in her roles. Even her sister gets to play an Asperger case, and somehow shows more emotional range in the role. Zooey comes across as a robot set on sass mode.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

TheScott2K posted:

I saw Elf recently and Zooey Deschanel being the Comedy Manchild Love Interest took me by surprise.

And yea, 38 is too old to be playing whoever the New Girl is supposed to be.

New Girl is about a quirky 30-something, so it’s pretty much the ideal role for her. It’s ending in a few episodes anyway.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The way Frasier handles meat bothers me

At the end of IQ he makes hamburger patties and then goes about his business without cleaning his hands

In Shutout in Seattle he handles a thawed raw chicken and tosses it onto a bare refrigerator shelf :stonk: then just gives his hand a little rinse

BAD UNFOOD SAFE DOCTOR :catstare:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Salmonella all over mah face

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
The sponge debacle broke him.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

https://youtu.be/LHsIbjB5Ck0

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Glad this is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFzVCE7Pz-c

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Mario death mask posted:

The way Frasier handles meat bothers me

At the end of IQ he makes hamburger patties and then goes about his business without cleaning his hands

In Shutout in Seattle he handles a thawed raw chicken and tosses it onto a bare refrigerator shelf :stonk: then just gives his hand a little rinse

BAD UNFOOD SAFE DOCTOR :catstare:

Oh god yes. There’s an episode where he’s handling chicken and gets distracted, so just gives his hands a quick wipe on a towel and then leaves the kitchen. Did people not know about horrible raw chicken diseases back then?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I think it would be hilarious for Frasier to hear a knock on his door, so he brings some soap to a lather under hot water and scrubs his hands up past his wrists for a full thirty seconds.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Brawnfire posted:

I think it would be hilarious for Frasier to hear a knock on his door, so he brings some soap to a lather under hot water and scrubs his hands up past his wrists for a full thirty seconds.

while singing "happy birthday" twice

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Brawnfire posted:

I think they should do one where he’s vomiting and has liquid salmonella shits, but oh no! He agreed to throw a soirée for the wine society. So Niles has to play the piano really loudly to distract from the groaning coming from the bathroom.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"Frasier! What are you doing out of the bathroom?"

"I think I'm through the worst of it Niles!"

"You're so bent over, Quasimodo would have to stoop to look you in the eye!"

"Y'know, back in Manchester when I'd poo poo myself, I'd wrap a pub tablecloth about me waist and go back for another round!"

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

SEX BURRITO posted:

I think they should do one where he’s vomiting and has liquid salmonella shits, but oh no! He agreed to throw a soirée for the wine society. So Niles has to play the piano really loudly to distract from the groaning coming from the bathroom.

Clint Webber sings while Frasier shits himself to death in the bathroom, sounds like a swell party

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Brawnfire posted:

"Frasier! What are you doing out of the bathroom?"

"I think I'm through the worst of it Niles!"

"You're so bent over, Quasimodo would have to stoop to look you in the eye!"

"Y'know, back in Manchester when I'd poo poo myself, I'd wrap a pub tablecloth about me waist and go back for another round!"

lol

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hey baby I hear the poops a-callin'
Unwashed salad and tainted eggs

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I get that same feeling whenever Gordon Ramsay is going through someone's horrifying fridge and touches all kinds of rotten food. I guess maybe it's a chef thing. But Frasier would probably still freak out about it

Also: New Girl is good

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Brawnfire posted:

Or they could just not write the raw meat handling into the script :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ugh, yawn