Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

She went wherever max lord and Lucy Lane are

Agents of SHIELD and divorce court?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

STAC Goat posted:

That's weird, I could have sworn that got resolved at the end of the episode with her accepting that maybe she does need to chill out.

Maybe I just wrote the TV episode ending resolution in my head like the way they say you can fill in words like "the" when reading even if they aren't there because your mind just expects it.

It's just as likely that I simply forgot that happened at all. I tried to clear this up by reading one of those episode summary blogs and they didn't even mention the Winn/Guardian/Lyra B-Plot that episode.

I think the point is that nobody remembers she exists.

howe_sam posted:

She went wherever max lord and Lucy Lane are

I also forgot about both of these people.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

That's weird, I could have sworn that got resolved at the end of the episode with her accepting that maybe she does need to chill out.

Maybe I just wrote the TV episode ending resolution in my head like the way they say you can fill in words like "the" when reading even if they aren't there because your mind just expects it.

Yea I think Winn also made an offhand comment some episodes later about how they are still dating.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't he say "I have a girlfriend" to his mom this week?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe she was invited to Karaoke but she just said "Ugh, stupid humans ruining the alien bar" and just went out and brutalized some muggers.

Now that I think of it its convenient Lena and Sam were holed up in a Reign bunker since it would have been awkward explaining the circumstances if they had come to the alien bar all their friends were partying at.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Winn and Lyra's relationship is kinda iffy the more we know about Winn's background with an abusive father.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

It was very clearly lucite, which would have kept Kara in near mint condition, between 7 of 9 and Doctor Who.

I mean I could see McCoy doing a throwaway reference but I don't think Eccelson wants anything to do with the franchise anymore :thunk:

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Azhais posted:

They don't really seem to be doing that in this universe. Kara was in danger of drowning at one point iirc

We know from the fappening that she can hold her breath like a champ though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

I mean I could see McCoy doing a throwaway reference but I don't think Eccelson wants anything to do with the franchise anymore :thunk:

WHOOSH

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

:thejoke:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I realized I borked the line as its between 7 of 9 and Yasmine Bleeth.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Petition for all episodes to start with the cast playing party games.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The future is cool!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Poor Martian Dadhunter :smith:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I was worried about potential return of relationship drama but I like how that worked out- "Actually we weren't that great for each other anyway. Let's go be heroes!"

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
That Jor-El quote was pretty good.

Edit: Really really strong episode but that song at the end just didn’t work

J33uk fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 24, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I know Cape-fu!

howe_sam posted:

Petition for all episodes to start with the cast playing party games.

Fun opening scenes lead to downer scenes about Alzheimer's :(

also

howe_sam posted:

Poor Martian Dadhunter :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MARTIAN MANFATHER

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man that was some rough poo poo in this episode.

Mon-El should just have a word balloon on his chest that says "U up?"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mon-El's suit was badass though.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

At first glance I thought it was a little too obviously just a repainted Superman suit, but I suppose that's pretty on brand for Mon-El. I still hate the clasps holding the cape on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I guess we'll have to see them side by side. It's clearly the same basic design but I think they may have built him his own since it didn't appear to fit him poorly. Unlike the reuse of Trajectory's suit on the Flash.

Edit: It looks pretty good. Needs a "V" on the chest though

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 24, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The chest "emblem" should be Powergirl's suit-hole.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

The chest "emblem" should be Powergirl's suit-hole.

That's Power Boy.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I thought this episode started off kinda slow and weird...like, was "cape-fighting" really going to be the plot of the week, here?

But holy gently caress, this turned into one of the most powerful hours of any show I've seen. I shed some big tears during the Samantha intervention scene, and then also later with the Dadhunter.

I just worry about them walking back on some of the many significant moments in this episode. Not necessarily with Sam or with My'rnn, but with Kara and Mon-El finally coming to terms with their relationship. I feel like that whole "I romanticized a lot about our janky dysfunctional relationship" speech came straight out of the mouths of everyone who's had major issues with those two in the past two seasons -- which, okay, on this forum, is pretty much just me -- but then I get the impression that the show might just ignore the incredibly good points brought up here and continue to wring drama out of them anyway. Because that's basically what they did last year. They kept bringing up incredibly good reasons for these two not to date, and then they just kept shoving that in anyway in bald defiance of their own stories.

And that's the thing: I like most of the stories on this show. I have great faith in the writing on Supergirl, as opposed to the other CW shows, maybe even Black Lightning. But I don't always feel like the show follows through on its own writing.

e: It's the same with the whole Guardian plot last year, where they kept coming up with really good reasons why James shouldn't be Guardian and having Winn and the Kara verbally announce those reasons to James and to us ad naseum...but then ended up just rolling over and having James stay Guardian anyway because...I honestly don't remember why. The power of friendship, or something?

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Apr 24, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kara and Mon-El are probably going to keep having lots of intense, emotional scenes so long as Melissa and Chris continue to be a thing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know who i'm more jealous of... i keep getting lost in his puppy dog eyes, stupid sexy bastard.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I'm enjoying this stealth reboot of The Cape.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

howe_sam posted:

At first glance I thought it was a little too obviously just a repainted Superman suit, but I suppose that's pretty on brand for Mon-El. I still hate the clasps holding the cape on.

They look a bit too much like seat belt buckles to me. What's wrong with the golden circles from his comics costume?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

LongDarkNight posted:

I'm enjoying this stealth reboot of The Cape.

Oh my God I didn't think anyone else knew about this show.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Alter Ego posted:

It was pretty popular, it ran for six seasons and a movie.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

It is one of the finest examples of taking multiple excellent premises and dumpster-firing them all in the span of a handful of episodes. How the gently caress do you mess up The Carnival of Crime led by Keith David?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The best part of The Cape was how Vinnie Jones kicked the main character's rear end every time they fought.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

Man that was some rough poo poo in this episode.

No kidding. Supergirl's usually the sunniest of the DC shows and woof, that was a big ol slab of dark red CW meat.

Sam is really the one that broke my heart though :smith:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

No kidding. Supergirl's usually the sunniest of the DC shows and woof, that was a big ol slab of dark red CW meat.

Sam is really the one that broke my heart though :smith:

Yeah. If they up and kill her after that, then I'm done with this show. Because of all things in that episode her breakdown got to me really hard. I want her to be saved.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Mon-El suit is basically a reverse Superman suit because as i remember the comic story when he first shows up he has no memory and Supes assumes he's Kryptonian and a cousin or something hence the "El" surname. Then he tries to stop a bullet like Supes and finds out he's vulnerable to lead so not Kryptonian. Whoopsie.

Suit looked great. Loved it. I hope Saturn Girl gets her own costume too if Wynn's fixing suits.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Could have done without the loud emotional music over the top of the end of the last one, particularly the Martian dad stuff.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

STAC Goat posted:

The Mon-El suit is basically a reverse Superman suit because as i remember the comic story when he first shows up he has no memory and Supes assumes he's Kryptonian and a cousin or something hence the "El" surname. Then he tries to stop a bullet like Supes and finds out he's vulnerable to lead so not Kryptonian. Whoopsie.

Suit looked great. Loved it. I hope Saturn Girl gets her own costume too if Wynn's fixing suits.

Isn't lead also useful for Kryptonians on earth somehow? As in, it shields Kryptonium effects or something?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lead shields them from Kryptonite radiation, but it also blocks their x-ray vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

kjetting posted:

Isn't lead also useful for Kryptonians on earth somehow? As in, it shields Kryptonium effects or something?

Yeah, its something like that which is why Mon-El/Daxamites have the lead thing since its a kind of reversal on the Kryptonian thing. Like from what I remember that was the basic point that he was a Reverse Superman gimmick when he started and then eventually he became a character with the Legion.