Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

best way to watch SHIMMER without going live or waiting for DVDs is clickwrestle.com I haven't purchased through them because I'm a weirdo that enjoys whole shows and not just matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

Quasipox posted:

So I went ahead and got the ClubWWN sub, and while SHIMMER isn't on there, Shine is. They do still have the majority of the SHIMMER shows as VODs, but at $15 a pop it gets a bit pricey.

What is the usual release schedule for the non-Mania shows though? Are they only still doing DVDs or do they do more VODs now?

Trying to find answers on the internet has been hard oddly enough.

DVDs and individual matches on Click Wrestle. They're 20 DVDs behind right now, so it's pretty much impossible to follow regularly unless you go to the shows. It's still 2015 according to SHIMMER's release schedule.

Prazak said until recently that he wouldn't budge on his DVD production schedule (or lack thereof), but said on Twitter shortly before the last round of tapings that he's working on some sort of VOD. Whether that's through WWN, Fite or the rumored WWE thing, I don't know.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dunno if it'll be uploaded anywhere, but this was announced for Fortune Dream 5:

https://twitter.com/FortuneKK_0327/status/988236652991528960?s=19

Fortune Dream 5 will feature a three-way match between Io Shirai, Meiko Satomura, and Hiroyo Matsumoto

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

TheHock posted:

DVDs and individual matches on Click Wrestle. They're 20 DVDs behind right now, so it's pretty much impossible to follow regularly unless you go to the shows. It's still 2015 according to SHIMMER's release schedule.

Prazak said until recently that he wouldn't budge on his DVD production schedule (or lack thereof), but said on Twitter shortly before the last round of tapings that he's working on some sort of VOD. Whether that's through WWN, Fite or the rumored WWE thing, I don't know.

Cool thanks. Hopefully that's sooner than later, but I've got a bunch of other things to watch now with STARDOM and whatnot

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

TheHock posted:

It seems fairly likely that the problem is Prazak can't afford the DVD printing without taking the pre-order money. Every time he announces that the DVDs are up for pre-order and will be released "next month". Then it takes 3-4 months at least before anything happens.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Lagana/status/988469159574024192

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Looks like a major STARDOM match was set for next week.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/988617138536509440

This has the potential to be one of the best female matches in any promotion this year, to be honest.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

That's gonna be great, holy poo poo.

Hopefully they'll get it to us in a reasonable amount of time. We're like two shows behind right now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Go RV! posted:

Hopefully they'll get it to us in a reasonable amount of time. We're like two shows behind right now.

To be honest, that would probably be a good spot to start Io's farewell tour if she's going to be winding down her stint in the company. She's out of things to do. Where she goes from there, I don't know. I know she has that triple threat match in June, but other than that her schedule seems completely open. Wouldn't rule out WWE bringing her in for a few matches in the Mae Young Classic II, even if they won't offer her a full time contract due to supposed medical conditions. That being said, I imagine if her heart condition can be taken care of, she'll probably do so and then sign with WWE, since that's been her goal for awhile now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Go RV! posted:

yeah it sucks Rossy or whoever won't spring for live ippv or whole show uploads. I do love the prematch promos tho. Even tho they don't translate the spanish speakers.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

DarkstarIV posted:

Looks like a major STARDOM match was set for next week.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/988617138536509440

This has the potential to be one of the best female matches in any promotion this year, to be honest.

Their singles match last October was fantastic, as was their bit in the 5-v-5. I'm really, really looking forward to this. I'm fully expecting Kagetsu to walk away with the belt but I guess it could go either way.

The "Wear Another Wrestler's Costume" battle royal on the same card sounds like a good time but I'm having a hard time imagining QQ coming up with it. It sounds like something Oedo Tai would make everyone do.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That match is going to be amazing, strange they'd do it in Shinkiba 1st Ring and not on one of their Korakuen shows though

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Aww, man, I'll be in Chiba for Golden Week. This won't be the show I'll be able to attend.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So how bad is the Emma injury I've seen people talking about floating around on twitter

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Congratulations to Hana Kimura on being officially more over than Kenny Omega (at least according to a poll of readers of Number magazine)

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

So how bad is the Emma injury I've seen people talking about floating around on twitter

She's said she's back working this weekend.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And she's supposed to be on the ROH UK tour now. Although that's almost definitely her working a tag with Sumie against Brandi and Klein.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

And she's supposed to be on the ROH UK tour now. Although that's almost definitely her working a tag with Sumie against Brandi and Klein.

Isn't Brandi part of the STARDOM Cinderella tournament in a few days? And she is getting a brief stint in STARDOM as a "normal" roster member as well. As part of Oedo Tai. Hopefully at the end of it, they kick her out.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Sendai Girls show with Io Shirai vs. Meiko Satomura is up on Puroresu Dream now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Tonight is the Cinderella Tournament for STARDOM. While I think Hazuki and Hana have pretty decent chances of winning, I wouldn't be shocked if they have Brandi Rhodes win. It seems like every single gaijin on tour for STARDOM has to face Io at some point, and that'll be their excuse to shove her into a match with Io. Would the hypothetical match be good? That's pretty much certainly a no. Io would be the wrestling version of Atlas if they had a good match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

Tonight is the Cinderella Tournament for STARDOM. While I think Hazuki and Hana have pretty decent chances of winning, I wouldn't be shocked if they have Brandi Rhodes win. It seems like every single gaijin on tour for STARDOM has to face Io at some point, and that'll be their excuse to shove her into a match with Io. Would the hypothetical match be good? That's pretty much certainly a no. Io would be the wrestling version of Atlas if they had a good match.

And when will Stardom World change their goofy login process.

btw it'll be 3 days before start seeing the first tournament matches so good luck trying to not get spoiled. All the matches from the Draft show are up now, which is cool.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

The Sendai Girls show with Io Shirai vs. Meiko Satomura is up on Puroresu Dream now.

This was like the match of the year so don't sleep on this guys

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Speaking of weird things with STARDOM World, did I just pick some weird matches, or are they all edited/chopped up in weird places?

It's like there's a jump cut and everyone is in a different spot.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/990886949157195776?s=19

Here is the backstory for tomorrow's TJP matches for anyone interested

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/990886949157195776?s=19

Here is the backstory for tomorrow's TJP matches for anyone interested

https://ddtuniverse.com/program/index/20180503_LIVE_TJP

airing now, only free if you watch live

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

hell yeah, just in time for some princess tag titles I just wish that there was english commentary as well.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

hell yeah, just in time for some princess tag titles I just wish that there was english commentary as well.

they're recording an English recap that should go up. Make sure to go back and catch Hyper Misao vs Jun Kasai because that was wild

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I don't have a sub so I'm catching the show live and I'm not sure I can go back to watch matches. Good match from what I caught though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ahh, they've started putting the English recaps onto their YouTube channel after a while. All of them except DDT Judgement from March are on there at the moment. I'll post it in this thread if it goes up there.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Anyone know what's up with Stardom's payment processor? I keep getting errors when I try to update my card info. There's a function labelled "withdrawal" but I don't know what that does. Cancel the sub? Delete the account? No clue.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Kay Lee Ray vs Meiko Satamura at Pro-Wrestling:Eve's WrestleQueendom was pretty good! So far the highlight of the show, but I missed nearly the entirety of the ladder match due to Fite.TV issues. Commentary was talking about someone going to the hospital, and chat was talking about how nasty a bump someone took, but I can't tell if its work or shoot.

Eve also announced that they'd be starting/helping out with a Women's Wrestling HOF.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

TTBF posted:

Kay Lee Ray vs Meiko Satamura at Pro-Wrestling:Eve's WrestleQueendom was pretty good! So far the highlight of the show, but I missed nearly the entirety of the ladder match due to Fite.TV issues. Commentary was talking about someone going to the hospital, and chat was talking about how nasty a bump someone took, but I can't tell if its work or shoot.

Yea, my stream died right at the start of the Kris Wolf/Jetta match, but was up by the time the ladder match started. Leah Owens took a weird bump (looked like she was going for a leg drop or something) and landed weird with her right knee collapsing. I first thought it was some kind of work, but they seemed pretty serious on her being taken to the hospital.

Also, seconding the Satomura/KLR match. It was my first time watching EVE, so it was my first time watching many of the ladies, so that match completely blew me away. The main event also had a great spot, but I won't spoil it for anyone who catches it later.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
KLR is really brilliant. There might be others who are better at this or that. But KLR delivers in every type of match, every spot on the card and as babyface or heel. Has a serious stage presence too these days.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/992962803374768128?s=19

I would say Io may be a part of ALLIN but considering Tessa is a part of the show I seriously doubt it. I think its more likely that Oedo Tai shows up as part of it.

Update: Looks like Stardom wont be All In. :v:

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/992993341355655168?s=19

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 6, 2018

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The awful social media thread reminded me that I wanted to start watching more stardom. If I get a sub where should I start watching to catch up on stories?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gumball Gumption posted:

The awful social media thread reminded me that I wanted to start watching more stardom. If I get a sub where should I start watching to catch up on stories?

If you want to start somewhat fresh, I'd start with the faction draft stuff which was recently uploaded (they have a pretty massive backlog right now to work through when it comes to uploading stuff). While there are a few hanging points, its a good place to start as it was essentially a soft reset on the storylines for the most part, while planting the seeds for other ones (Hazuki being pissed Io didn't draft her back into Queen's Quest is an example).

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

All the cool Joshi fans watch Tokyo Joshi Pro now btw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

Stardom is still cool because they have a tournament that's literally a fight for the right to wear a dress.

Still not 100% on the Tenille Dashwood train yet.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

Stardom is still cool because they have a tournament that's literally a fight for the right to wear a dress.

Still not 100% on the Tenille Dashwood train yet.

incredibly disappointing they haven't had Kagetsu win and wear a tux instead yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Baron Corbyn posted:

I would totally watch tjpw if they weren't tied into the ddt subscription service.

I can't justify two Joshi subs when I barely justify my njpw one anymore