Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Surgeon must work late since she had a match that night.

I'm honestly really surprised it seems so many people didn't realize she already had implants.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Surgeon must work late since she had a match that night.

I'm honestly really surprised it seems so many people didn't realize she already had implants.

It's because she got implants appropriate for her body size and not huge giant fake ones, which is what most people think when they think of implants. Like I'm pretty sure most people think that implants are always comically oversized because women want the biggest size possible. They don't think of women as getting them for any other reason than "giant boobs."

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
It's funny when people talk about lovely womens wrestling from the late 90's and they say "At least they don't all have implants these days!" Sure they don't.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

even the guys get cosmetic poo poo done, its totally fine if its in a non-coercive environment. The going vibe has always been WWE is coercive as gently caress so you get this weird cross section of bodysize shamers and creepy white knight types people yelling about it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Is there a Dr. James Andrews for boobs?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

It's because she got implants appropriate for her body size and not huge giant fake ones, which is what most people think when they think of implants. Like I'm pretty sure most people think that implants are always comically oversized because women want the biggest size possible. They don't think of women as getting them for any other reason than "giant boobs."

Thanks to internet cosmetic surgeons wanting to share their expertise there's been a whole lot of pre-WWE Alexa pictures posted lately with Paint drawn red circles on them, and back then they probably were closer to comically oversized for her. But she's probably twice as big as she was back then now with the wrestling training.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/TheOne83536813/status/988120817400770560

https://twitter.com/Tim69672237/status/988131074348863488

Wrestling fans are the dumbest people sometimes. How the hell do you get scammed by someone named Asuka Urai? Please remember that her real name is Kanako Urai.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Haha sucker, I met her for free and she even gave me a hug

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

Haha sucker, I met her for free and she even gave me a hug

Are you sure she didn't pickpocket you during the hug or something? :colbert:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

If you read a couple of his other tweets he implies that he's been scammed in this exact way before, which... makes it a little sad.

Funny, but sad.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I think he made up the whole thing. Look at his other tweets, an obsessed egg account etc.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

I think he made up the whole thing. Look at his other tweets, an obsessed egg account etc.

Yeah I never claimed it was real. Nor do I think its true.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/TheOne83536813/status/988120817400770560

https://twitter.com/Tim69672237/status/988131074348863488

Wrestling fans are the dumbest people sometimes. How the hell do you get scammed by someone named Asuka Urai? Please remember that her real name is Kanako Urai.

Why the hell would you not clean your nasty phone screen before taking photos of the screen?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, how many people who beat other human beings unconscious for money would you consider good role model material?

My beautiful fat dad, Daniel Cormier :colbert:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, how many people who beat other human beings unconscious for money would you consider good role model material?

Excellent father Piccolo, for one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Qoey posted:

Why the hell would you not clean your nasty phone screen before taking photos of the screen?

Why would you not just take a screenshot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah I never claimed it was real. Nor do I think its true.

Please don't troll the Chris Regal memorial thread

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Qoey posted:

its part of the joke

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Remember the Rock? He was Always Bad

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Endless Mike posted:

Remember the Rock? He was Always Bad

He is, sorry. Austin spent a good chunk of his bodily health getting something other than spot clips out of him.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So hey, would you be shocked to learn that WWE stans are bending over backwards to defend the Saudi propaganda show? I BET YOU WOULDN'T

https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/988625776164638720

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Stan?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

So hey, would you be shocked to learn that WWE stans are bending over backwards to defend the Saudi propaganda show? I BET YOU WOULDN'T

WWE stans will defend everything

Especially HHH stans, oh my god

There are still people who can't believe he didn't get that sympathy cheer after the Brock match

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Benne posted:

I love the "by reaching out we can effect cultural change" argument because it was the exact argument used by companies and artists who opposed the apartheid boycott in South Africa

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

I, too, enjoy praising WWE for things that they haven't done yet and are extremely unlikely to do

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The greatest royal Rumble hasn't happened yet either but people are damning wwe as though it has and that no women were on the card dressed up as 205 live boys.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Would be funny if all the women on the roster bumrushed the ring during the rumble, with baezler and rousey armbarring the sheiks at ringside, asuka reaching back into her angry joshi days to destroy the crown prince's orbital bone with a knee.

Women's revolution.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I love the "by reaching out we can effect cultural change" argument because it was the exact argument used by companies and artists who opposed the apartheid boycott in South Africa

And is apartheid still around in South Africa? Hmmmmm, makes you think

#thanksWWE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Now to be fair this did give us that wonderful scene in Lethal Weapon 2 where Danny Glover walks into the Embassy declaring he wants to go on holiday in South Africa :allears:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The co-opted thing gets thrown around a lot and to people have been in the game a short amount of time but LaBar and WWE go way back.

LaBar is very tight with Road Dogg mainly and always has great seats to WWE shows in Pittsburgh.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rovert posted:

The co-opted thing gets thrown around a lot and to people have been in the game a short amount of time but LaBar and WWE go way back.

LaBar is very tight with Road Dogg mainly and always has great seats to WWE shows in Pittsburgh.

Who the gently caress is LaBar

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

Who the gently caress is LaBar

The guy who tweeted the defence of WWE we are all discussing? Reading is not just fun, it's fundamental, chum.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Thing I've seen a lot in internet culture as a whole is a lot people laying virtues on people who don't always reflect those. This is more of the same. People are trying to paint WWE as this savvy entity for social justice where the track record isn't even there. What's weird about it is WWE will do this kinda bad poo poo but people will continue to give it attention.

Saudi Arabia, in american press generally gets the same treatment. But again, the problem is they're actually pretty awful. Every dollar spent on WWE is better than a dollar spent on bombing Yemen but true to royal extravagance, Saudi Arabia does both.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gaz-L posted:

The guy who tweeted the defence of WWE we are all discussing? Reading is not just fun, it's fundamental, chum.

No, I mean like "why is he important enough that he's verified"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’m verified, you don’t have to be important.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Okay, so it's a vanity verification. I thought his defense was noteworthy because he was somebody.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Thing I've seen a lot in internet culture as a whole is a lot people laying virtues on people who don't always reflect those. This is more of the same. People are trying to paint WWE as this savvy entity for social justice where the track record isn't even there. What's weird about it is WWE will do this kinda bad poo poo but people will continue to give it attention.

Saudi Arabia, in american press generally gets the same treatment. But again, the problem is they're actually pretty awful. Every dollar spent on WWE is better than a dollar spent on bombing Yemen but true to royal extravagance, Saudi Arabia does both.

People do the opposite too though, frequently in D&D. The internet really is terrible no matter where you turn.

That said the GRR absolutely is WWE grabbing money from awful, awful people. You won't hear me saying otherwise.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

quote:

How many of those who are only here to bitch actually know that GRR is WWE's NINTH Saudi Arabia show in 4 years?

Anyone with an over/under? I'm thinking close to 0%.

The difference is now it's become a big enough deal to attract the attention of extremely casual non-fans who need something to complain about. People who don't give a poo poo about pro wrestling or the WWE, but just like to be trendy in their causes and would never pass up a soapbox that they could stand on and have their opinions heard.

Personally, I'm not happy with them going there either, but I also hate this bandwagon bitching bullshit by the professionally offended.

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol the WWE has been regularly doing shows in the USA for years and that place is maybe worse than Saudia Arabia.

If anyone has been complaining about that, I haven't heard it.