Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

do you think by the time guts reaches midland again rickert will have built a ganishka sized wooden robot and also made out with all the hot ladies

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Rickert is absolutely going to invent Guymelefs while Guts and co are on elf island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gaston actually survived the eclipse, his fashion line has taken the world by storm and his mercantile empire is challenging Griffith's rule!

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

the combined optimism and hope for the future carried by all the population of the world has turned The Idea of Evil into The Idea of GoodCapitalism.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Guts will come back to the mainland to find out that 50 years passed while he was on fairy island,

that actually seems pretty likely to me. griffith needs to be brought down a bit before guts has a chance to reach him and all the elements for that to happen already exist. however, the process will take time and falconia won't crumble overnight.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It just has some serious foundational issues of defeating Ganishka too quickly and removing a common enemy for the Apostles to kill. Even with other monsters roaming around, there's likely still far too many apostles around to keep in a cage and not kill humans without something to direct the Band of the Hawk at.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Good soup! posted:

i want to see miura do a kentucky derby manga

A true rider must become one with his horse by drinking its piss. In other news, the Trump/Pence administration has ordered 1,000 copies of Miura's new hit manga for the WH library.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Where is everyone getting the idea that time moves slower inside Elf Island?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

It’s a pretty common thing in elf-related folklore.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Neo_Crimson posted:

The Merrow specifically said so right as they got off the boat. Besides that, Elfhelm is pretty clearly inspired by Tír na nÓg and "time moves faster here" is like one of the most central parts of that legend.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would solve the problem of guts being a rapidly decaying mortal who cannot possibly get through griffith's army of monsters and men.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
You could also solve that problem by having Rickert outfit them with steamtanks armed with flamethrowers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bloom posted:

You could also solve that problem by having Rickert outfit them with steamtanks armed with flamethrowers.

arm who, exactly? the fanatically loyal populace who worships griffith as a god, which is more or less what he is?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
What about the mountain village of ogre ninjas where Rickert fled riding a pterodactyl the last time we saw him.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

arm who, exactly? the fanatically loyal populace who worships griffith as a god, which is more or less what he is?

Actually now that I think of it combine that with the timeskip idea. Guts and company come back only to find out Rickert has spent 20 years pimpslapping people out of believing in Griffith.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

bloom posted:

Actually now that I think of it combine that with the timeskip idea. Guts and company come back only to find out Rickert has spent 20 years pimpslapping people out of believing in Griffith.

this will devastate Griffith so much that he'll use a behilit to devour the rest of the Godhand and become the final boss of the series, Super Femto 3 the Godhead

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

U-DO Burger posted:

this will devastate Griffith so much that he'll use a behilit to devour the rest of the Godhand and become the final boss of the series, Super Femto 3 the Godhead

No, they're going to form up together like Voltron. Void will be the head/body, Femto and Slan will be the arms, and Ubik and Conrad will be the stubby little legs.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

My Cuck Dad posted:

No, they're going to form up together like Voltron. Void will be the head/body, Femto and Slan will be the arms, and Ubik and Conrad will be the stubby little legs.

Gut's party reacts in a similar manner. Farnese stands on guts head, serpico and casca are used as melee weapons by guts, and the rest make popcorn and watch.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Finshed the Hunter Hunter anime and Leorio punching Ging gave me similar Rickert Slap feels.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New chapter korean scans are out.

It's all Griffith, the monkey's paw strikes again

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

lmao

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
MotherFUCKER.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

:negative:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hahahahaha I deserve this

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Shindragon posted:

MotherFUCKER.

:argh:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Thank you based Miura

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
To be honest, I was half expecting it to be some non-canon special, behind-the-scenes issue or another 5-issue long flashback because they didn't advertise this one much in the YA announcement. At least we get to see what Griffith's been up to since The Slap Heard Round The World.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

literally me right now:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

This is the worst thing Griffith has done (hearing girls yelling at me) alright, alright taking the post down

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

GODDAMNIT

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

that orc or whatever has a pretty sweet flail

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

:3:

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Crabtree posted:

I -uh - may have had a slight hand in that. Just um, don't ask what it cost.

Well, at least now we know.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
English translation is out to: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Berserk/Ch-356---Read-Online?id=417171#2

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

ugh on one hand I'm so angry that there's no Casca. On the other hand, I'm so in love with the beautiful designs Miura made for all of the trolls. This is torture.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The dude wearing a house/windmill like armour fuckin' rules.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

1. fuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuu miura

2. holy god drat poo poo the art is amazing as always

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
The art is as beautiful as ever but ehh. Feels like filler to me.

Also seeing Zodd charging along with a bunch of no-name apostles like that kinda cheapens his whole thing. I know he gave it up when joining Griffith but still.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I just don't get the timing.

Like, finish up the casca stuff - then cut to Griffith - then cut back to guts and their next move.
When something is monthly and of variable (and sometimes very short) length, this seems a poor decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Look, sometimes Miura wants a pallet cleanser of showing a bunch of monsters or designing different kinds of armor. It's like a kind of relaxation practice for him.

There is also the possibility of him showing Griffith in a certain situation where it may be not the best time for him to suddenly feel the "real" Casca through the Od. Thinking about him, about the Eclipse, about what's happened to her in all this time.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 25, 2018