Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Huxley posted:

I'm pretty new, but are there that many glaring issues the long-timers are wanting a 2.0 to fix?

Yeah.

Off the top of my head:
Turrets vs. mobile arcs. 360 degree turrets got released right away and are really powerful. Pretty much since Wave 2, a "fat turret" has been a staple build and the counterplay to it is not very fun or interesting (examples, old Fat Han, Dash, every Jumpmaster build, Miranda/Nym with TLT, old Kanan/Biggs and new Ghost/Fenn). If I were king of X-Wing, TLT would go away and all large based ships with turrets would be converted to the mobile arc system like on the Shadowcaster.
Ordnance spent a long time in this game being a total waste of points. Why bother spending 4 points on Proton Torpedoes to change your expected value of hits from 1.2 to 1.6 for a single attack? Then guidance chips and the introduction of new missiles and new ways to get target locks made spending 4 points on harpoon missiles a great deal. Keep the target lock, use a reroll if needed, and guidance chips a blank to a hit or crit, and have a good chance of dealing bonus damage with the condition!
The underlying issue is that attack accuracy and damage are linked in this game. A harpoon missile with chips and a target lock has a 50% chance of even hitting a TIE Defender with a focus and evade. It's likely to only deal one damage. Fire the same thing at a low agility ship and it's going to do a TON of damage. There's not really a good way in the system now to model high damage but low accuracy or low damage but high accuracy. Maybe they use a different set of dice for ordnance? Maybe a defending ship rolls the same number of naked dice regardless of that ship's native stats (0? 1? 2?)?
Regen, token stacking, reinforce and damage mitigation are all elements of the game losing its bias for offense. There was a final a few weeks ago where the winner's Poe regenned a total of 12 shields in the final game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

thespaceinvader posted:

Y'ALL

It's here

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/4/24/save-the-rebellion/

Saw gives rerolls to stressed or damage carded ships at range 1-2.

Servos are boost and green 2 banks on one side, barrel roll and tallon rolls on 3 turns on the other.

Refit is minus 2 points, minus 1 on epts, AND two mods.

Holy poo poo.

And some pilots too I guess.

aaaaaahhhhhh :flashfap:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh my god, T-65s are going to be so much fun to fly now!!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
This poo poo is fuckin ripped.

I'm 100% terrified for the Reaper now, the generic is gonna have to be like 10 points cheaper than the top elite to be worthwhile and lol

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
God dammnit FFG, four servomotors but only three renegade refits.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ok see? See? That is exactly the kind of thing that's going to make me take the X-Wings off my dashboard and put that poo poo on the goddamn table.

I ain't selling poo poo.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Devlan Mud posted:

God dammnit FFG, four servomotors but only three renegade refits.

Ah, so in a couple of week we all have three U-Wings in our collection...

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I'll give FFG this, their staunch avoidance of good templating really got them out of the "how do you make an X-Wing only upgrade that people won't just put on T-70s" corner. "T-65 X-Wing" isn't a game term, but I guess that doesn't matter.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

That Renegade Refit is loving awesome, triple T-65 X-wings here I come! :fap:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

polynominal-c posted:

Ah, so in a couple of week we all have three U-Wings in our collection...

Fuuuuck

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

FFG posted:

five Rookie Pilots equipped with Servomotor S-foils, an R5 Astromech, and Integrated Astromech

:getin:

(I'd pick r2 astromechs)

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Could... could it be?? Can I fly decent X-wings again? :aaa:

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Holy poo poo. This means lists with 5 X-Wings with Servomotors and R2 Integrated Astromechs

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Renegade Refit will let us field 5 Rookie Pilots with S-Foils, Integrated Astromech AND a 1 point Astromech (probably FAA, but could be R2).

I'm hyped.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Do we know what upgrade slots those cheap PS1 X-Wing pilots have?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

Do we know what upgrade slots those cheap PS1 X-Wing pilots have?

Same as any other x-wing.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

If those PS1 X-Wings are 20 points base, 4 of them with the refit and title gives you 28 points to play with. That buys you Luke with Lone Wolf, Chopper, Renegade refit, title, Guidance Chips and Integrated Astromech :v:

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 24, 2018

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Next question: how to get 3 additional FAAs without selling kidney?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The wording on refit seems odd. "On each of your equipped EPT upgrades" sounds like they're implying you can equip more than 1.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
These two-ship boxes always seem pretty good.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So I guess with the Refit and S-Foils, you can equip autothrusters and they only kick in when the s-foils are closed?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

enigmahfc posted:

So I guess with the Refit and S-Foils, you can equip autothrusters and they only kick in when the s-foils are closed?

Nope. Can't take autothrusters at all. Dual Cards aren't considered equipped for the purposes of list building. They are attached to the ship during Place Forces (I think) rather than considered equipped from the beginning.

I might be misremembering the exact words, but there's 100% an entry about this in the FAQ, related to why Snap Wexley can take Black One with VI but not with Adaptability.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Ah, well okay then. I'm terrible at remembering stuff like that from FAQS (until I have to remember them).

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

Nope.

Because of timing on dual upgrade cards, the cruise side does not grant the boost until the Place Forces step, which means it is not legal to add autothrusters in list building.
This is the same reason why Snap Wexley with Adaptability +1 cannot use the Black One title.

edit: beaten. reading my mind today

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

enigmahfc posted:

Dual cards don't technically take effect until the ship is placed, which is why Adaptability'd ships are placed at their native PS. So a standard X-Wing isn't going to be able to take Autothrusters even with the mod, though you could take Autothrusters if you eschewed the S-Foils and brought EU instead.

E: beaten twice :v:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

The wording on refit seems odd. "On each of your equipped EPT upgrades" sounds like they're implying you can equip more than 1.

I would assume future proofing, in case at some point in the future you could get a second EPT on an X-wing pilot.

Somewhere, Strobe has gotten very aroused and isn't sure why.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I can't wait for Strobe to check in and see all this.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yarro crew seems like the sleeper hit. Amazing on a mid-to-low-PS turret like OT Chewie.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

canyoneer posted:

If those PS1 X-Wings are 20 points base, 4 of them with the refit and title gives you 28 points to play with. That buys you Luke with Lone Wolf, Chopper, Renegade refit, title, Guidance Chips and Integrated Astromech :v:

Could also do Wedge with Flight Assist, Title, IA, and your choice of 0-1 point EPTs. Things are exciting again.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I haven’t played a game in well over a year, but I’m buying that Partisans pack on day one :getin:

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I would assume future proofing, in case at some point in the future you could get a second EPT on an X-wing pilot.

Somewhere, Strobe has gotten very aroused and isn't sure why.

Or use the astromech that comes with the transport that adds an ept

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

lazerus06 posted:

Or use the astromech that comes with the transport that adds an ept

Doesn't work if the ship already has an EPT.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
With Engine and AT the Uwing becomes a mini Agressor chassis. I'm pretty sure people will be able to figure out some good combos. With the flexible crew options.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I really want the UW to be great, I love the design and I was so sad that it's a boring shuttle.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

hoiyes posted:

With Engine and AT the Uwing becomes a mini Agressor chassis. I'm pretty sure people will be able to figure out some good combos. With the flexible crew options.

It's still only got 1 green die and a MUCH worse dial, but yeah, that's certainly a start.

Edit: More generally, the fact that we still don't have a K-2SO crew or pilot card is BS.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 25, 2018

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

It's still only got 1 green die and a MUCH worse dial, but yeah, that's certainly a start.

Put on Kanan crew and suddenly it's much better. And Uwing is essentially 2 green with the title.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

hoiyes posted:

Put on Kanan crew and suddenly it's much better. And Uwing is essentially 2 green with the title.

Oh fair, I forgot about that part of Pivot Wing.

Can someone who knows the X-Wing timing rules check on something for me? The new PS7 X-Wing pilot says "after you perform a boost or barrel roll action, you may flip your S-Foil card." Is there a window for that to happen such that PtL would then let you perform the other action?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Here's my ideas for dumb U-Wing jank:

'I floop the pig:'

Saw Gerrara (26)
-Engine Upgrade (4)
-Refit (-2)
-Daredevil (2)
-Advanced Sensors (3)
-Pivot Wing (0)
-Hera Syndulla (1)
-Inspiring Recruit (1)

Total: 35

This is an idea I've had for a long while, where the U-Wing utilizes Daredevil to get around the predictability of the Pivot Wing card-since Daredevil technically counts as a maneuver, you can use Advanced Sensors to perform a hard white turn, flip the Pivot Wing card, reveal a zero stop on the dial, flip the ship around, and flip the card again. Plus, in addition to the refit making it less of a hideous cost sink (Shaving three points total off the combo), Saw's pilot ability actually pairs pretty well with it. Unfortunately it's still not that competitive, but it's a nifty combo that would be a lot of fun in casual play.

'Anger Management'

Saw Gerrara (26)
-Maul (3)
-Ezra Bridger (3)
-Refit (-2)
-Veteran Instincts (0)

Total: 30

This one is pretty obvious-When attacking, pop Maul, get two rerolls (One from Maul, one from Saw), convert a focus to a crit with Ezra. Solid offensive output for a not-backbreaking cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Oh fair, I forgot about that part of Pivot Wing.

Can someone who knows the X-Wing timing rules check on something for me? The new PS7 X-Wing pilot says "after you perform a boost or barrel roll action, you may flip your S-Foil card." Is there a window for that to happen such that PtL would then let you perform the other action?

Same trigger and window for Kullbee's ability (after performing action), which means you do them in any order. So if you start on cruise mode, you can do a boost, flip the card, and PTL a barrel roll.

• Locked thread