Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Ice To Meet You posted:

I've never heard or even heard of this song in my entire life but it seems pretty cool.

Yeah, Karma Chameleon is pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

What the!!!!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
both of those songs should be fun. good week!!!

i barely got to play for this week's challenge cause of trivia, and this weekend ain't lookin good either cause i have guests coming in from out of town for a beer fest, but i'll do what i can

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Love when I have no idea what the theme is. Game night songs? Sure...

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

With the arrival of Karma Chameleon, we nearly have the entire The Mix 107.77 radio station from Saints Row 2 in Rock Band. I think the only song missing at this point is Out of Touch by Hall & Oates.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Doc Morbid posted:

the only song missing at this point is Out of Touch by Hall & Oates.

Well, boys, I think we know what to do here.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
The game night theme seemed a little vague and loose, so my crew has been calling it the Zoolander challenge because all the Zoolander songs that are already in RB qualify for the challenge.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
The quest to add every 90s one-hit wonder to Rock Band continues

https://twitter.com/rockband/status/988779839938334720?s=21

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Nostalgia sells.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the jesus jones song should be good instrumentally

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

C'mon now; in a party setting, RB is basically "hey it's that song" in video-game form.

I'm in for both tracks, for once.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
I'm way more into "hey it's that song" from 90s one hit wonders than from the 4 year old pop hits that I recognize from Apple ads.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Nostalgia sells.

But who's buying?

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
:regd10:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

xImxPicklexRick

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kaboobi posted:

xImxPicklexRick

I doubt it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

xImxPicklexRick

Please new thread title.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

drat, you only beat me by 232,000 XP.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i don't know that i've even played 666 songs in 2018, jfc

this is why i'm okay with never making it to bloodstone

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
The craziest part is THEY WERE ALREADY IN BLOODSTONE. You're a loving lunatic. That's not something to brag about.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

To anyone who bought the Electric Six pack when it briefly went back up on sale at the launch of Rock Band 4, did anyone else lose access to Dance Epidemic and I Don't Like You? Went to play the former for the weekly challenge, and got a message that the song was unplayable but refreshing my song library might fix it, with both songs disappearing from my in-game library after doing so (though still viewable in my installed files on the Xbox dashboard). I should note too that Gay Bar is still playable, as are the Dinosaur Jr. which I bought at the same time.

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 27, 2018

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have repeatedly had that issue with my entire library. I don't know if Rock Band is a piece of poo poo, the Xbox is a piece of poo poo, or if Live is a piece of poo poo. Either way, I routinely have my library disappear and doing the check in the options menu just hides them all because it can't find the licenses. A combination of rebooting the game and console and trying to redownload and check the library and swearing is required to fix it, taking somewhere between 5 to 20 minutes.

It is a large part of why I play so rarely now. This happens almost every time I try to play.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I have repeatedly had that issue with my entire library. I don't know if Rock Band is a piece of poo poo, the Xbox is a piece of poo poo, or if Live is a piece of poo poo. Either way, I routinely have my library disappear and doing the check in the options menu just hides them all because it can't find the licenses. A combination of rebooting the game and console and trying to redownload and check the library and swearing is required to fix it, taking somewhere between 5 to 20 minutes.

It is a large part of why I play so rarely now. This happens almost every time I try to play.

:same:

And then I remember my 360 and RB3 both still work, so I just do that instead.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Wait, this is a known thing and I'm not an outlier on this bizarre loving issue!?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

👀

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

what’s that, your crew isn’t in bloodstone yet? shameful

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Unfortunately I have to beat up rats rather than play 20 hours of RB4 a week.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am terrible at 2/3 of the spotlight songs this week, those patterns suck and I have to actually practice to get them

e: we're in the green!! (for now)

kumba fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 29, 2018

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I still have a zillion other games to play and two kids to raise but I swear I'll join a crew when I have more time for RB4.

Are the requirements for Dad Zone just to be a dad, or do I also have to be good at plastic instruments? :v:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

That’s Kaboobi’s top secret crew, not an open goon one. But you’re welcome on Goons Playing Tunes regardless of ability level as soon as you have time to contribute plays. We have more lifetime Rivals Points than they do anyway. :smug:

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Woah woah, kaboobi only joined like last season. He's a noob to the crew. And the only dad on the crew is the creator of the group.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

kumba posted:

e: we're in the green!! (for now)

And now we're just under. C-- and I will be on later trying to add some XP.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The wife and I will also be on again later

We've been trying to squeeze out as much xp as possible by playing songs that we know at least 1 of us can crimson star in brutal for the extra xp, unfortunately we only have like ~55 songs to choose from this week

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Good news: 5 more free songs coming
Bad news: as a guitar main, I didn't see a single measure to get excited about in this preview video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z5wkEEdZeM

:shobon: Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

They're free I guess?

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/special-rivals-dlc-release-discover-reverbnation-and-firefly-music-festival-pack/

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm always down for new and free stuff!! at least 2 of those songs look really fun on drums so that's a plus

e: also ps4 crew is currently in the green but RIGHT on the razor's edge so definitely play today if you can!!!

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Looks like a couple of those songs might have fun harmonies.

We're all set to play more this evening, probably by ourselves since no-one online could pay attention to the "wants to play Rivals songs" flag.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

they're porting a bunch of RBN tracks to RB4
entitlements will not carry over
songs TBD

edit: not replacing regular dlc?

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 1, 2018

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

So... Let's say someone snapped the pedal of their RB4 set. Anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive MIDI drum set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

sleepwalkers posted:

So... Let's say someone snapped the pedal of their RB4 set. Anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive MIDI drum set?

I'll keep yelling about the brilliance of the ROLAND TD4P v. Had it 3 years + now, has survived many drunken bashings - and even if a pad did go, changing one is easy an inexpensive - and it folds away to the size of a space heater.
I managed to grab mine for $1100NZD - so I'm sure you can find one relatively cheap in the US.