Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

Battletech releases in 1 minute. Perfect anzac day shooting robits

Word of Lowtax will rise again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
What's the hype over this battletech thing?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

It's good, unlike national biscuit and discount code day.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

PC game on a popular licence. The licence has been used and abused previously and this looks like it’s actually going to be a good game from devs that give a poo poo about the IP. Turn based XCOM style game with robots.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/joshgnosis/status/988889834658844673

lmao

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I was going to post some Anzac themed commercials into the thread but I didn't want to post a whole screen of Google image search thumbnails.
(Keyboards: Anzac + commercial)

Highlights:

An Anzac themed silent disco, an Anzac solder background on a golf course flyer, a nightclub flyer with a mostly naked buff guy saluting, memorial imagery painted on an industrial tipper truck, yet more imagery plastered on the side of a Toll road train.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 25, 2018

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/joshgnosis/status/988617375296569344

:australia:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Doesn't Australia already have internment camps?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/dailytelegraph/status/988900665895407616

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How shitfaced were they when they clearly caused this fire?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

BBJoey posted:

also, request for advice: my retired mum has her money managed by an AMP-linked financial advisor. on all the available evidence her money is being managed well, but given what’s coming out of the royal commission she’s concerned. should she do anything at this stage given her specific financial advisor seems to be doing all the right things with her money, and if so, what should she do?

I'm a few pages late to this but I don't normally read this thread. Here's my 2 cents (also not an adviser).

If she's content with the advice she's received and doesn't have overly complex strategy requirements, at this stage she may not receive any benefit moving to a new adviser. Moving to a smaller 'boutique' firm does not guarantee the advice she receives is going to be better and the overall compliance framework in place (especially going forward) is probably going to be worse. No doubt her funds have already been moved into the North platform, were she to move to a smaller firm it is unlikely they would take her money out of there in the short term as the overall performance in the last 2 years has been very good. She would likely just be paying higher ongoing advice fees.

Since the commission started there has been a steady stream of clients leaving AMP so I highly recommend she call her adviser and raise concerns about the commission and ask/demand a fee reduction. She will almost definitely be offered a fee discount (anywhere from 10%- up to about 40% depending on her funds under management). If she is still paying an old % advice fee she should ask to move to a flat fee. I also recommend looking over her last Statement of Advice and fee disclosure statement to make sure her strategy has been implemented properly and she has received the services they offer. If she was not offered her annual review at any stage she can ask for the corresponding year's fees to be refunded and they will.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Anzac Day job done! Only minor chaos at the march for me; though issues with schools obeying instructions re: dropping off their kids were still there.

Dawn Service was good but I had the easy job: stand to attention for an hour.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

These are the heroes auspol deserves

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Why does turkey even let a bunch of fuckwit citizens of invading powers come and trash the place in remembrance of when they got their poo poo kicked in

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Why does turkey even let a bunch of fuckwit citizens of invading powers come and trash the place in remembrance of when they got their poo poo kicked in

They massively overpay for it likely.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

We should start charging Japanese people to come and celebrate the bombing of Darwin imo

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Also literally nobody except us calls it Gallipoli.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

Same reason the let your flog Dees into the G I guess.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Solemn Sloth posted:

We should start charging Japanese people to come and celebrate the bombing of Darwin imo
Celebrate them doing a piss poor job there?

I use ANZAC day as a way of filtering out the complete gently caress stains who would use it to cash in:

Looks like I'll have to change financial institutions.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birdstrike posted:

Same reason the let your flog Dees into the G I guess.

I don’t know what any of this means I just copied some random words from your twitter

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gravitas.

Angry lady isn't showing any Australian can-do spirit. Should have rabbited a length of chain, another padlock and made the bikes a more long term decoration.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 25, 2018

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder what's going on online today?

https://twitter.com/fishdicks84/status/988947150510804992?s=21

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

*checks facebook*

"Adani activists in shocking anzac day attack"

:stare:

ANTI-Adani activists have hijacked Anzac Day by putting up posters targeting a Labor MP before a Dawn Service in Brisbane.

:catstare:

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

https://store.steampowered.com/consumer_rights_notice/ posted:

On 24 March 2016, the Federal Court of Australia found that Valve Corporation had engaged in misleading conduct contrary to the Australian Consumer Law in representing to Australian consumers via the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Steam Refund Policy that consumers had no entitlement to a refund in any circumstances and that Valve had excluded, restricted or modified statutory guarantees of acceptable quality. A link to the Federal Court judgment appears here:

http://www.judgments.fedcourt.gov.au/judgments/Judgments/fca/single/2016/2016fca0196

When you buy video games from Valve Corporation as a consumer located in Australia, the video games come with guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law that cannot be excluded, including a guarantee that the video games are of acceptable quality. You are entitled to a replacement or refund from the retail supplier of the video games for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the video games repaired or replaced by the retail supplier of the video games if the video games fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Certain other rights are available directly against manufacturers that cannot be excluded or limited.

The test for acceptable quality is whether a reasonable consumer, fully aware of the state and condition of the video games, would find them:

safe, durable and free from defects;
acceptable in appearance and finish; and
fit for all the purposes for which video games of that kind are commonly supplied. This must take into account the nature and price of the video games, and any statements on packaging or labelling.

For further information on consumer rights in Australia, visit https://www.consumerlaw.gov.au and https://www.accc.gov.au/consumerguarantees.

Each poo poo, Valve. I've submitted a refund request for DayZ, I wonder if I'll get my money back.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

I don’t know what any of this means I just copied some random words from your twitter

Actually in this case the dees are the rightful owners like the Turks but get slaughtered like the idiot anzacs so it’s a complex analogy they

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

bigis posted:

Each poo poo, Valve. I've submitted a refund request for DayZ, I wonder if I'll get my money back.

I'm a bit disappointed that they are allowed to put it at the bottom of their homepage, underneath all the advertising and sales but I guess it'd be a bit annoying if it was at the top for a year.

Edit: changed my mind I am pretty sure I would thoroughly enjoy it for the entire year.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I see I'm not the only one who feel for the dayz scam

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I see I'm not the only one who feel for the dayz scam

I'm glad I didn't fall for that that particular early access scam.

*kicks long list of others under the carpet*

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Zenithe posted:

*checks facebook*

"Adani activists in shocking anzac day attack"

:stare:

ANTI-Adani activists have hijacked Anzac Day by putting up posters targeting a Labor MP before a Dawn Service in Brisbane.

:catstare:

What did they think the reaction would be to a greens prank on Anzac Day, like really...

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
more like anzac gay

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

What did they think the reaction would be to a greens prank on Anzac Day, like really...

When you live in a bubble the reactions of people outside that bubble can be quite surprising.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

"Lots of people will be talking about it!"

:downs:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

iajanus posted:

"Lots of people will be talking about it!"

:downs:

Any publicity is good publicity :iamafag:

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/bigsausagelover/status/988996691733827584?s=21

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

norp posted:

These are the heroes auspol deserves

There's a distinct lack of consistent, logical cycling infrastructure like bike racks in a majority of parks and public spaces, so I'm not sure why people get lovely people lock their bikes to the next likely looking structure.

Also, though it's kinda hard to tell from the picture but it looks like those are kids bikes. Kids aren't exactly known for their foresight and consideration.

I'll be happy to see this chump lobby for proper bike racks so next year this doesn't happen, but it's unlikely.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

fresh in our memories

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I'm torn. On the one hand anime is complete garbage fire poo poo but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

That's it. Anzac day is cancelled next year everyone.

• Locked thread