Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ThePeavstenator posted:

they do care about the government spending less money but only when it's on brown people

yeah thats what i mean when the republicans say "government spending" they mean money for welfare queens to buy steaks and cadillacs but the dems are dumb as balls and think they actually want to bring in some blue-sky team from mckinsey to identify redundancies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

nah it means close a bunch of data centers and fire the ppl who work there

it's worse, somehow, than I imagined rofl

The Muppets On PCP posted:

also i'm gonna call for reappropriating all our offshore wind farm leases and selling them to the state for $1 so they can put in their own turbines, a special fund to transform cafo hog farms into industrial hemp and weed farms, nationalizing everything that isn't nailed down, and giving iran a permanent seat on the un security council

:swoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xny7G9YrrBU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/crushingbort/status/988979192640491521

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

*whipcrack*

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

lol wasnt this guy also the white house doctor for obama

if he's been there since 2006 then he would have also been the doc for Bush

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

gradenko_2000 posted:

first her, then Al Franken, and now Joy. Will these Russian hackers stop at nothing?!

oh no what will we ever do :geno:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oh no the whipcrack video is gone

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shear Modulus posted:

data center consolidation just means closing a bunch of data centers and concentrating the servers in fewer buildings to reduce overhead and its something that absolutey no voter would give a poo poo about but dems are loving dumb and think the Moderate Republicans actually care about making the government spend less money instead of their real goal of making the government redirect money to rich people

the consolidation of data servers also makes it easier to marry datasets together. luv 2 big data.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

oh no what will we ever do :geno:

why do these protesters keep throwing themselves off of this cliff :thunk:

there has to be at least 40,000 strong here, but they keep prostrating to the sea while chanting SUCC

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
you defrag your hard drive you should defrag your data (centers)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Zoran posted:

He may have a Boy Scout attitude but it remains true that if Hillary had won he'd be doing the same book tour but as a right wing hero instead. (Chapo is right.)

That's more an indictment of Hillary than it is of him

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Nichael posted:

Someone running for office around here asked me what "consolidate data centers" meant, and I had no idea what the answer was.

it means they think they can woo conservatives by bragging about how they're going to cut government spending for the sake of fiscal responsibility, but they're too cowardly to promise to cut anything that might possibly affect anyone, so they just claim that government is spending too much on computers and they're going to reduce the number of computers the government has to pay for

i'm not sure whether this is better or worse than when obama tried to woo conservatives by promising to cut social security and medicare

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
this is from ten years ago but mods rename me "Cyber Jihadist" please

or "new intelligence product"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
mods please change my name to "Information Operations soldier"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mods change my name to Data Consolidation Special Operative

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
consolidate federation data centers

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Tactical Data Operations: Metal Gear Consolidated

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
3rd largest cache of IEDs in history

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Butlerian Jihadist

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

consolidate federation data centers

Would you like to know more?

Yes? Well visit my website.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
am i a man dreaming im a data center or a data center dreaming im a man - jon ossoff, data center american

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I’m gonna visit your website... on the dark web :twisted:

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

consolidate data centers just means switching over to AWS

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
we sit together
the data center and I
until only the data center remains

- Jon Ossoff, datalinks

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Read the replies for some primo succ

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/989003305941721088?s=19

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

El Mero Mero posted:

consolidate data centers just means switching over to AWS

lol if you don't think the centrist dem platform is "encourage jeff bezos" in this and all other aspects

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

bill fillmaff, usmc psyops

omg i love bill fillmafff

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Reading James Comey's book and it's improving my opinion of him. I thought he was just kind of an attention whore and hypocrite but he's for real when it comes to having an ethical sense.

goddammit Jeb...

:sigh:

WampaLord has issued a correction as of 07:22 on Apr 25, 2018

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

it's weird that the consolidate data center people are also the ones making GBS threads themselves over russian hacking, you'd think they wouldn't wanna put all their cybersecurity eggs in one basket

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
That's the second largest cache of IEDs I've ever seen

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/989029795638972416?s=19

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

if you hate bernie enough ill believe literally anything you say maam

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

gradenko_2000 posted:

we sit together
the data center and I
until only the data center remains

- Jon Ossoff, datalinks

I got Datacenters! I got Datacenters! I got allll Datacenters!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

https://twitter.com/Cajsa/status/989045416015646720?s=19

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

Suck laced fusillade
gently caress zone: Hillary Clinton unleashed a “suck-laced fusillade”

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

self unaware posted:

profit just means resources weren't allocated efficiently. profit is bad, not good
over 90% of corporate profits right now are being used for stock buybacks and dividends

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

glenn lookin' pretty uncomfortable in that lineup

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
ah yes, far-right journalist Glenn Greenwald

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

i like that everybody's just gonna ignore matt bruenig's consistent, lucid critiques of JG advocacy and pretend like the only objections to it are liberal or 'centrist'
bruenig's critiques suck and basically ignore what the US has done with jobs programs in the past and what is possible now

sanders' green deal proposal isn't shoving a bunch of people in makework useless jobs

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Bernie Sanders has conquered the Democratic Party

quote:

Quietly but steadily, the Democratic Party is admitting that Sanders was right.

Let's begin with the signature issue of Sanders' campaign: a national single-payer health-care program, or Medicare-for-all as it's known.

Hillary Clinton, who ultimately bested Sanders for the party's nomination, insisted the idea "will never, ever come to pass." Fast forward roughly a year, and Sanders' proposed Medicare-for-all legislation attracted 16 Democratic co-sponsors, including likely presidential contenders Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Corey Booker (D-N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.).

quote:

Then there's the minimum wage. During the 2016 campaign, the Democrats were nervously tip-toeing up to $12 an hour as the new national minimum they wanted. But Sanders' surprisingly strong bid for the nomination had its effect, forcing a $15-an-hour minimum onto the party platform. Since then, it's been the Democratic default: The bulk of the party in the Senate has consolidated around a $15-minimum legislation.

quote:

"Donald Trump's victory implies that people need to be more bold," Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.) recently observed. "People yawned at the smallness of American politics, at the stagnation of American politics, at the same faces, the same ideas, the same talking points." In the late stages of Obama's presidency, before Trump won, the idea of the Democrats hitching their wagon to Medicare-for-all, a $15 minimum wage, or a national public works program seemed radical. But if Sanders' campaign delivered no other message to the Democrats, it was that they needed to get out of their comfort zone. Go big or go home.

The Democrats went home in 2016. So now they're finally going big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
We are the bad Dems. Your data centers will be consolidated. Resistance is futile.

• Locked thread