Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
lol it took me less than 20 minutes to walk back from "gently caress 355, I'd never buy one now" to "I am already planning the necessary orthopedic surgery to maximize my Ferrari driving experience".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

McGuinty posted:

lol it took me less than 20 minutes to walk back from "gently caress 355, I'd never buy one now" to "I am already planning the necessary orthopedic surgery to maximize my Ferrari driving experience".

Buy a Ducati. The maintenance is just as bad but atleast you can lift the engine out yourself.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If you get a 2v Ducati the engine is pretty solid and you only have to worry about the electrics

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Literally not one single person has ever justifiably purchased an SUV. Either you don’t need one or you need a van.

We cannot find any decent replacement for our 2011 Pathfinder. Alternative is a van + a car, but as a 'do-it-all', the Pathfinder is it.
It gets used off-road (forest service roads), lugging stuff to my wife's market and general driving. A truck would be impractical. A van wouldn't have the 4WD.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I get if you want a SUV because literally nobody makes a full size consumer van anymore or you just like SUVs. but there's absolutely nothing preventing you from taking a FWD car onto a forest service road unless you're a really bad driver and it's a lovely excuse acting like you can't.

I've taken a car onto a god drat ATV trail and driven it home. The exhaust may have fallen out but I blame myself for doing a lovely job installing it. Also the oil pan caved in but the car still ran lol.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SUVs are the norm.

cars are the ego feeding luxury item.

Look at these SUVs:

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

PYF Ferrari ITT.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

DoctorGonzo posted:

PYF Ferrari ITT.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

:thurman:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The correct answers to “which Ferrari should I own” are F40 and 288 GTO, respectively.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
250GTO, 250LM, Dino and a F40. There's no post F40 Ferrari I would buy.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

McGuinty posted:

My next car is going to be a BMW X5 because I want the split tailgate like my current Mitsu Outlander has so I can load boxes without getting nice dirt lines on the front of my pant legs, and the only other current SUV model I know of that offers this is the Range Rover which is out of my price range. I also need 4WD because although I live in town, my parents live on a road which occasionally takes weeks to be ploughed in winter and turns into a mud hole in the spring. I will keep running my 330i as my fun summer car until the wheels come off of it, at which point I may opt for a convertible.

This is where Theophany or Khablam or whoever it was attempts to sell me on the virtues of a Porsche 718.

Edit: Also, my other other car is a 1963 Chevy II Nova with the 194 ci straight six and I get all warm and fuzzy thinking about owning nothing but I6-powered cars.

Nah, Wirth's the one with the hard on for Caymans. I'm a Miata GuyTM now. :thumbsup:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a G reg ford transit van that is now only used on the farm because the ignition broke, so now I have to take the bus or ride pillion on mr LCs bike. :(

I haven’t driven a car in 20 years so it’s probably for the best.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I have a car that is a decent car and gets me to work and I have it serviced so it doesn't break down and it doesn't cost a lot to run. I often drive past people on the m42 that have more interesting cars on the hard shoulder.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://www.motor1.com/news/240170/mclaren-720s-audi-r8-crash/

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Smooth.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Lot of boring rear end practical middle management fuckers in this thread.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

If I had the money to buy any car in the world, it wouldn't be a Ferrari. It'd either be a 917K or M8D (or F).

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i drive aids from this thread

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I own a Fiesta.

It has heated seats in winter and aircon in Summer.

Well I guess technically it has both items all year round.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

What do you drive

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

- Posted from a lay-by while my engine cools

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Honestly I can't wait til self driving cars are everywhere on the roads and there is a prison sentence if you are caught driving manually.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

ImplicitAssembler posted:

We cannot find any decent replacement for our 2011 Pathfinder. Alternative is a van + a car, but as a 'do-it-all', the Pathfinder is it.
It gets used off-road (forest service roads), lugging stuff to my wife's market and general driving. A truck would be impractical. A van wouldn't have the 4WD.

I mean, technically you could find a Chevy Astro/GMC Safari or Dodge Caravan from 20 years ago with AWD, but would you really want to?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

NtotheTC posted:

Honestly I can't wait til self driving cars are everywhere on the roads and there is a prison sentence if you are caught driving manually.

They'll probably still be programmed to tailgate me when I'm doing the speed limit. Grrr.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

I simply do not understand pouring money the whole self driving cars thing when trams already exist, it’s essentially the same drat thing but safer. The Sheffield Supertram is awesome and I pity cities without one.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

learnincurve posted:

I simply do not understand pouring money the whole self driving cars thing when trams already exist, it’s essentially the same drat thing but safer. The Sheffield Supertram is awesome and I pity cities without one.

Trams are good, Trains are better, Busses are cheaper.

I do enjoy how autonomous driving has basically gone full circle into "Public Transport but even more privatised and exclusive!"

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Because trams are not on demand. If I just needed to go from my house to the nearby shops then I could hop on a tram but there is unlikely to be a direct service from my house to my office 20 miles away in the mornings/evenings so id have to switch several times (more time, less convenience).

I want to see fleets of commuter vehicles that you book like uber except without the driver.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

I'm not loving paying more bloody taxes they're high enough

buys autonomous driving Tesla and an orange

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Trams driven by Maldonado

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/07/croydon-tram-crash-caused-by-driver-falling-asleep-and-speeding :getin:

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

learnincurve posted:

This is directly from Elon Musk's smug-rear end elitist mouth:

A dipshit tech billionaire posted:

“I think public transport is painful. It sucks. Why do you want to get on something with a lot of other people, that doesn’t leave where you want it to leave, doesn’t start where you want it to start, doesn’t end where you want it to end? And it doesn’t go all the time.”

“It’s a pain in the rear end,” he continued. “That’s why everyone doesn’t like it. And there’s like a bunch of random strangers, one of who might be a serial killer, OK, great. And so that’s why people like individualized transport, that goes where you want, when you want.”

When the audience member responded that public transportation seemed to work in Japan, Musk shot back, “What, where they cram people in the subway? That doesn’t sound great.”

So basically he doesn't like it because it doesn't go exactly where he wants, when he wants, and also he would have to be near smelly proles, some of whom might be serial killers?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

McGuinty posted:

So basically he doesn't like it because it doesn't go exactly where he wants, when he wants, and also he would have to be near smelly proles, some of whom might be serial killers?

I literally just said this why do you need to hear it from Musk

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

I literally just said this why do you need to hear it from Musk

Because you're not a billionaire with the clout to sway public opinion in any meaningful way. What I'm saying is you're Andrew Benson.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

If this happens then I was always a fan of the guy Waltzing mathius and throw another abbo on the barbeque mate. The shooey, hillarious bants and epic roffle grenade for sure haha love that guy.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Rofl what if Lance found his way into a Ferrari seat? I'm already concerned enough for DoctorGonzo's sanity as it is...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

We should have both self-driving cars AND better public transit, and the private sector should work with the government to build a self-driving rocket that will launch Musk into the sun.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

McGuinty posted:

He's not wrong, hyperbole aside, and I say that as someone who really liked the trains in Japan. Best public transport system I've ever used, bar none.

track day bro! posted:

If this happens then I was always a fan of the guy Waltzing mathius and throw another abbo on the barbeque mate. The shooey, hillarious bants and epic roffle grenade for sure haha love that guy.

Too far.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not crazy

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

What if Lance Stroll got a Ferrari seat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Then :rip: Ferrari