Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

gleebster posted:

I bought a different brand of butter than I usually do. The butter is fine, but the way the wax paper it's wrapped in is folded is slightly different than the butter I usually buy. This irritates me when unwrapping a stick just enough to be noticeable.

It's not called "Challenge" brand butter for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

gleebster posted:

I bought a different brand of butter than I usually do. The butter is fine, but the way the wax paper it's wrapped in is folded is slightly different than the butter I usually buy. This irritates me when unwrapping a stick just enough to be noticeable.

You must use a lot of butter. I don't think I know how mine unwraps. Maybe it's a tub. I don't recall

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My doc wants me to get a colonoscopy and I don't want to. I can understand the need for it, but I've had 3 other ones in the past (decade or so ago) and they all came back with "Didn't really see anything, sorry your rear end is messed up" and I'm scared of that happens again in gonna lose my poo poo (:haw:) and murder the doc.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

You must use a lot of butter. I don't think I know how mine unwraps. Maybe it's a tub. I don't recall

Get yourself some of that kerrygold (or the polish knockoff in the silver wrapper). Irish butter will change your life.

Like, I don't eat that much butter at all, and a single pack of kerrygold has lasted more than a month (or two?) in my fridge, but it's delicious by itself on some toast. Never going back to regular butter.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My living room is just like COVERED in sperm right now I mean geez louise

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Irish butter will change your life.

Most European butter I've tried has been amazing - French, German, Italian, even British. They have different...cows? Grass?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I haven't really been into comics in a long time, so I got the date wrong on when new ones come out.

Three stores, zero extant copies of the newest Power Rangers comic book that I am morally entitled to by right of kings :shakingfisticon:

edit to add another, more actual annoying problem: my portable fast-charging battery is giving up the ghost a bit, because it settles for charging my phone instead of taking advantage of my phone's fast-charging abilities. It seems like a trivial distinction, but the difference between charging and fast-charging is night and day / practically-usable and practically-unusable. I ordered a supposedly fast-charging cord, but like 90% of them I've tried before, I'm not confident that it's actually-fast-charging or just marketing.

To make matters worse, I've done some testing and I'm pretty sure its the charger itself and not the wire. Replacing that is going to cost some change :(

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 02:57 on Apr 21, 2018

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I'm told it's a matter of culture and also higher fat content. I usually just use that stuff for pie crust.But I stand by my original promblem becuase it's so liminal; I'm more annoyed by being annoyed than I am by the bjtter itself.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I’m very particular about my butter (I eat Président butter from France) and I am gross and when I’m cooking I’ll throw some in the frying pan or whatever and then cut off a chunk and eat it. It is soooo tasty. People who eat that stick of 4 in a box type generic butter have no idea what they’re missing.

My problem is that butter absorbs refrigerator smell like crazy. It’s not the smell of other food, it’s whatever chemical is in the fridge itself that makes it cold. So I have to wrap my butter up in aluminum foil and then put it in a super almost-airtight Tupperware to keep it tasty and avoid that gross taste. Aaand don’t tell me I’m crazy cause I’ve had this on 5 fridges of different brands & models or refrigerator including 2 very expensive fancy ones. It happens to other food too. Refrigerator taste is disgusting.

Sort of related, snacks I had as a kid cause we were poor
-half a radish, piece of butter, salt
-white bread, butter, honey, granulated sugar

FWP: really want some butter right now

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Refrigerators are closed loop. If they leaked a chemical that made your butter taste bad, they would need constant refilling. What you're saying doesn't make sense. You can't defend nonsense by saying "don't tell me it's not the fridge, it's totally the fridge" when that's impossible unless the fridge is leaking and defective.

Now, plastic offgassing from new tupperware, food ingredients, etc, yes. Those can affect the taste of butter.

The biggest thing that makes butter taste bad, though? One that DOES explain your predicament? Oxygen. From the air.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If your butter tastes like freeon then you should seek a doctor ASAP.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
To add to food-related FWPs, every chicken noodle soup brand I've ever had and liked has changed their noodles from thin noodles to thicker-diameter noodles and I don't like it. I'm not sure if it's the actual taste that's different, or if its different mouthfeel and plain-old "this is different and I don't like different".

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The overland flooding here is making my phone go off like every hour or even half hour.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I'm kind of hungover from a crazy work party last night.

The really lovely part is that we were having a party because the business just closed. I know I've bitched about that place a lot, but it's still sad to see it go. :smith:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The SPCA put off our foster puppy's spay and last round of shots due to her health issues, which is totally understandable, but still won't let us feed her anything but the lovely shelter food, no food switch or treats or anything.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

queserasera posted:

The SPCA put off our foster puppy's spay and last round of shots due to her health issues, which is totally understandable, but still won't let us feed her anything but the lovely shelter food, no food switch or treats or anything.

Well that sorta makes sense? When I first got my dog and switched his food I did it wrong/too fast and he had uncontrollable diarrhea for a week. Probably don't want to give doggles anything more on its plate.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

If you think Irish and European butter are good you should try some New Zealand butter. Their stuff is like crack.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

schreibs posted:

Well that sorta makes sense? When I first got my dog and switched his food I did it wrong/too fast and he had uncontrollable diarrhea for a week. Probably don't want to give doggles anything more on its plate.

...but she's been eating the same food since she was weaned. Either she got into something, someone slipped her a treat on the sly, or her GI problems have come back.

The doggle in question:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Speaking of New Zealand, I found out that the NZ government bent over backwards to kowtow to Warner Brothers to make sure The Hobbit films there. Apparently WB threatened to move production to Ireland if the actors kept asking for more pay. So the government basically got rid of collective bargaining rights for their actors and the law is apparently still in place today. Good job New Zealand and WB. You did all that for a lovely trilogy.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A small plane landed on a city street not far from my house but I didn't get to witness it because I'm never up that early.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I really need to stop taking Uber to work. Sure it’s only $15/trip and I only work a few days a week but it’s convenient; since we moved locations, I’m not able to drive since there’s no parking unless I circle around for 30 minutes; and the bus is 1 hour whereas uber is 10 min. I’m so used to getting up 30 min before work and being out the door In 20 to a 15/20 min drive that it’s hard to get used to getting ready for a 1 hr bus ride. I HATE waking up early.

Picnic Princess posted:

A small plane landed on a city street not far from my house but I didn't get to witness it because I'm never up that early.

:stare:

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
So I've got a semi-archaic but as far as I know pretty drat white-sounding name.

Every time someone new uses it they pronounce it like it's asian or middle-eastern, like instead of Amanda they say AR-min-duh or something. Or spelling it like Imanda if they've heard it before they've read it.

Like I know this is due to the spread of multiculturalism and people trying to be accommodating to different ethnicities, but it's inconveniencing me damnit!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

So I've got a semi-archaic but as far as I know pretty drat white-sounding name.

Every time someone new uses it they pronounce it like it's asian or middle-eastern, like instead of Amanda they say AR-min-duh or something. Or spelling it like Imanda if they've heard it before they've read it.

Like I know this is due to the spread of multiculturalism and people trying to be accommodating to different ethnicities, but it's inconveniencing me damnit!

I have the same first name as two famous actors and one of the most common first names in the US, but because it's the Gaelic spelling, it took until fourth grade before a teacher ever got it right on the first try. Plus I got told up until I was in seventh grade that my name was the girl's spelling and not the boy's spelling of it.

My dad should have loving just named me John. It even means the same thing!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Star Man posted:

I have the same first name as two famous actors and one of the most common first names in the US, but because it's the Gaelic spelling, it took until fourth grade before a teacher ever got it right on the first try. Plus I got told up until I was in seventh grade that my name was the girl's spelling and not the boy's spelling of it.

My dad should have loving just named me John. It even means the same thing!

Is it Eoin?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I use a chemex for my cups of coffee (4 spoonfuls of sugar per cup, lots of flavored creamer, Folgers) but I always misjudge it and end up with two cups, which is what I want, and then a little bit of coffee leftover that just goes to waste

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
More like oldinsulinless

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Just mix the last of the coffee 1x1x with flavored creamer when you're feeling sluggish later in the day. Small pick me up and you can't taste the staleness. I guess add a few spoons of sugar and a shot of rum for a pancreas killer cocktail.

I just broke my chemex (also two bongs and a shitload of cheap wineglasses) while packing up my giant house so I can move to a houseboat and I'm sad about it. I feel like that's the first worldest problem ever. e: My giant house is a piece of poo poo barn, everything I own fits in seven footlockers, and the houseboat is in Florida. Real world problems. Ugh.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 10:22 on Apr 26, 2018

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Still, the houseboat sounds like fun. I hope you enjoy it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I eat because I'm depressed and I'm depressed because I eat. This is a FWP because I have enough money for food.

spiderbyte
Nov 14, 2016

I eat because I'm depressed and I'm depressed because I eat. This is a FWP because I have enough money for food.

Yeeeeep. And when I'm bored. I just don't buy snacks, cause otherwise I just eat them within a day or two.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

:smith::respek::smith:
The day I discovered I could order pizza to the guard shack when I work was not a good day for my weight. It's so loving boring at work, though.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Feeling lazy and tired today, ordered pizza instead of going out or cooking something. Pizza guy can't get into the apartment complex because the call box is a piece of poo poo, so I ended up running downstairs in my housecoat to grab everything. Then I had to walk all the way upstairs again, and open my door with my foot because my hands were full.

Oh, and some dumbass guys outside felt it necessary to tell me that the pizza guy was here, as if I needed that explained to me. :crossarms:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

oldpainless posted:

I use a chemex for my cups of coffee (4 spoonfuls of sugar per cup, lots of flavored creamer, Folgers) but I always misjudge it and end up with two cups, which is what I want, and then a little bit of coffee leftover that just goes to waste

More like OldTasteless.

I have a friend that, for a while, would complain that coffee never helped him stay awake.
I didn't understand why until I how he made it:
8 oz of coffee and 12 oz of milk.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Let's not have the coffee discussion again.

My FWP is that I got charged twice by accident for a thing and now I don't have as much spare spending money as I'd like.
Also something is fuckin' ripe around the guard shack and I can't turn the AC on or the stench will get in

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 07:51 on Apr 28, 2018

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I saw Infinity War and thought it was ok. Just an okay movie.

Every single one of my friends who've seen it either loved it or hated it. No middle ground. I'm the only one who sort of liked it.

Fwp: it's exhausting to discuss a movie you don't care about either way with people who'd die defending it, or with people who'd gladly see it erased from the face of the Earth.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've gotten used to it but I have a coworker that will ask a question and then suddenly launch into 3-4 sentences of qualifiers that are usually needless.

Maybe it's an insecurity issue but for a while I kept talking over them in an attempt to answer their question.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I kept seeing stuff about Wolf Attacks Trump Presidency and got happy, but then realized it was a comedian so now I'm not as happy as I was.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hate Sarah Huckabee so much but when I think about it I don't know what a press secretary is supposed to do differently.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I hate Sarah Huckabee so much but when I think about it I don't know what a press secretary is supposed to do differently.

Tact? Respect? Honesty? Literally anything other than what she does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I mean she's communicating the message of the president pretty effectively IMO. Behind the scenes she's probably being told she's doing a great job. Anyone that is working differently than her would be fired within a week.