Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

TheLastRoboKy posted:

We haven't even BEGUN to crossbow.

Crossbow slowly comes out of Corvo's mouth already loaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Crossbow slowly comes out of Corvo's mouth already loaded.

Corvo slowly transforms into a loaded crossbow.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Foreverially crossbow.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Why the hell didn't anyone ever reverse-engineer, or just loot a wristbow from Dowd's crew for us? Those things were rad.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

1. I love how in Coolguy’s chapter 4 video we all go quiet and then crack up simultaneously at Sokolov’s line.
2. I forgot that Roboky’s ep 4 was the one where I said I was going to be nice to him
3. Us making Coolguy lose his cool at the end of roboky pt 1 makes me feel warm and fuzzy

so our commentary styles can be summed up as,
Coolguy: tries to explain things often barely related to whatever inspired his explaination, tries to be nice
Roboky: generally lets us talk about whatever because he is eating, jumps in to roast coolguy when he can
skoo: interrupts and yells trying to say something 3x, then actually says things 2x to make sure they heard
Rose: salty

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i frequently run off with the point but i always bring it back eventually okay

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

I did say barely

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I like how everyone has this elaborate explanation except Rose, whose commentary is summed up in one word.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The Clockwork Mansion (1/2): Youtube Polsy

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The episode where Skool demolishes the LP.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Well, I died laughing. Thanks, skoolmunkee. Now I can't go to work tomorrow.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The Clockwork Mansion (2/2): Youtube Polsy

pointy corpse
Jul 7, 2014

No-one could ask for more from science. Also apparently skoolmunkee has raised the base level of chaos, so what looks highly chaotic is just ordinary background chaos.

Like radiation.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
How

Just... dear gods, skoolmunkee. How many times did you play through that level to make sure it was still overall low chaos while keeping in maximum science?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Science Emily is my favourite, but gods, does the videos make me dizzy at times.
Probably doesn't help that I usually watch them in the morning since they tend to be uploaded while I sleep though.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I have to ask what the time investment is for this amout of thoroughness. The result is amazing, that goes without saying, but dear god, how many tries?

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012
I'm a little upset at the mani joke. Mostly proud, but a little upset that nobody else commented on it.

Also, the elevator doors evidently repulse anything near to their track, which raises two questions: First, something in this world was actually designed for safety?
Second, more importantly, if you were to create a chamber, vertically oriented, with just elevator gate after elevator gate, would you have a Karnacan Space Program?

Watching Skool's videos more and more reminds me of Orv's comments from the first LP, that Low-Chaos doesn't mean nice, and I love it so hard, thanks for bringing enlightenment to the doubtless grateful citizens of Karnaca!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Those elevator gates must only repulse corpses (or "corpses") to prevent incredibly hosed-up ragdolls (As opposed to the acceptably hosed-up ragdolls produced by stuffing a dozen men in a crate or closing someone in a window), because I've gotten crushed by one closing before. Although in fairness I DID wind up outside the elevator.

And I'm mildly disappointed you went to all that trouble to bring Jindosh's fingers into the lab and keep them safe while dealing with the clockworks, then failed to knock him out with them.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Corvo LC #1 - 3 God drat It! moments
Corvo LC #2 - 12 God drat It! moments
Corvo LC #3 - 3 God drat It! moments
Corvo LC #4 - 11 God drat It! moments
Corvo LC #5 - 8 God drat It! moments
Corvo LC #6 - 6 God drat It! moments

So the tally is up to 43 now.

Radio
Jul 25, 2003

Oh no, trash bear!

Dareon posted:

Those elevator gates must only repulse corpses (or "corpses") to prevent incredibly hosed-up ragdolls (As opposed to the acceptably hosed-up ragdolls produced by stuffing a dozen men in a crate or closing someone in a window), because I've gotten crushed by one closing before. Although in fairness I DID wind up outside the elevator.

And I'm mildly disappointed you went to all that trouble to bring Jindosh's fingers into the lab and keep them safe while dealing with the clockworks, then failed to knock him out with them.

In my imagination, Sokolov uses them to make pigment.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I made this video well before anyone showed me their Jindosh content.

Since Rose's will go up soon I am beating that to the punch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noh_d6JVWtw

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah. Jindosh's Window. Both alive and dead until you interact with the person or the window and resolve the uncertainty.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The Clockwork Mansion: Youtube Polsy

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dat Jindosh kill. :smugissar:

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Technowolf posted:

Dat Jindosh kill. :smugissar:

Honestly if you just watched the video from about 20:30 (Jindosh's first appearance) to when he bites it and nothing else you'd still walk away satisfied.

Seriously, that is quite possibly one of the best kills in any game period. Dio Brando would be proud.

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 14, 2018

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That's such a glorious and satisfying way to kill him. :allears:

High Chaos Emily has no time for his poo poo.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I always manage to wake up the officer on the top floor of that guard post, because I always try to be clever and use the alarm clock in the interrogation chamber to lure a guard out of the office with the whale oil socket. Instead, the clock draws the officer down instead.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
there actually is an old hl2 mod that's like that "insanely powerful being vs guards" thing called The Hidden, one person is an invisible dude with a pigsticker, while the rest are guards trying to kill him.

Radio
Jul 25, 2003

Oh no, trash bear!
I'm only sad that no one took the time to shift the waiting room back and forth with the guests still alive. Their gaping and awing is one of the Arkane-level details that keep such a long mission from ever feeling like a slog.

Radio fucked around with this message at 08:42 on May 15, 2018

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Listen, I'm sure it made sense at the time.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

skoolmunkee posted:

This is beautiful

Radio
Jul 25, 2003

Oh no, trash bear!
Is there also a pictograph for hairy arse (with a donkey)?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The Clockwork Mansion (interlude): Youtube
The Royal Conservatory: Youtube Polsy

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 09:33 on May 23, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

skoolmunkee posted:

also this is loving incredible

the eggs being the monarchy got me to laugh out loud

clearly i am the working man

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Uummmm.. Is there an interlude between the last mission and this? And if yes, could you post it? Cause going from the previous episode to this one feels really loving disjointed.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I had one, but it was a casualty of the hard drive failure that happened a month ago. Honestly, I'm so annoyed with myself over the lack of interludes that I'm going to just disappear from the internet tomorrow evening and stamp them out. Apologies for the confusion!

e: actually gently caress it, i don't need to sleep in the next hour, i'll make this one up right now

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Done. All of my interludes are now up. They're no-commentary and going to stay that way, I feel like these interludes speak loudly enough that they can hang out on their own.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Radio posted:

Is there also a pictograph for hairy arse (with a donkey)?

Radio
Jul 25, 2003

Oh no, trash bear!
Conservatory is an interesting level to replay. You generally have one or more powers fully leveled or crafted out and there are all sorts of alternate paths and mechanics that can be exploited in different ways. Depending on what you've found and how much you want to explore vertically, the mission can range from jaunt to meander pretty easily. Coolguye mentioned having a lot of trouble routing the mission, and in the 3 or 4 playthroughs I did, that level would radically defy all incoming foreknowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

SCIENCE IN A MANSION: Youtube

sorry about the out of order posting I AM BAD IT'S MY FAULT