Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I clicked on the video. I don't understand the problem. It looks like a girl dancing in a rhythm game. Is there something I am not seeing?
Persona 3 Portable has a female protagonist option. Atlus has never put that female protagonist into any of the crossover games. Someone made a fake video of that female protagonist in the Persona 3 dancing game. She is not actually in the Persona 3 dancing game. The discussion is centered on why they never put her in any of the spinoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Waltzing Along posted:

I clicked on the video. I don't understand the problem. It looks like a girl dancing in a rhythm game. Is there something I am not seeing?

The problem is that she's not actually in the dancing game, and no one knows why. She's well-liked in the fandom.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ah. That's a very well made fan video, then. Looks real to me. Nice song, too.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Waltzing Along posted:

There's nothing wrong with the video. That video is extremely right and good.

There's going to be a spin off of persona 3 where you dance. Persona 3 has both a female and male protagonist. However the male one is considered to be 'canon'. Atlus refuses to include femc on almost all proportional material, art and all spinoffs of persona 3; even if they include other characters that could never really be there on the canon route. Atlus also has a bad track record of caring to ever introduce female protagonists in their franchises and a bad track record of caring how they represent the women they do include objectification wise, and as someone who loves the series it can get tiring I guess.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
That is very dumb considering how fun and distinct both protas were in their own way.

Don't be dumb ATLUS

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
PS Vita just got a new update. Required for online services.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dehry posted:

PS Vita just got a new update. Required for online services.

Why do they care...please stop Sony, you haven't even pretended to support this console for like half a decade now. Just let me inject PS1 games in peace

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's probably just for Persona 5 Dancing to keep the pirates out for a while.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

In Training posted:

Why do they care...please stop Sony, you haven't even pretended to support this console for like half a decade now. Just let me inject PS1 games in peace

:v:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

In Training posted:

Apparently 3.65 Enso can still spoof and go online so whatever Sony. edit: and yeah the update killed the twitter app and made a minor change to the calendar app.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/224584/20180407/your-twitter-third-party-apps-such-as-tweetbot-and-talon-may-soon-stop-working.htm

If it's like with YouTube, instead of implementing a newer API they're just shutting it down.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

But does Near still work?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think it ever worked really

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think it ever worked really
I could be wrong but I think that was the joke.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
There's a game called "mystic chronicles" on sale right now for $4.49 that looks like a classic SNES era rpg. Anyone have any idea if it's any good? Are there any comparisons to old or current games?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It was said in the RPG thread, but Mystic Chronicles is just another one of those budget trash phone JRPGs that Kemco shits out monthly, Natsume presumably only ported it for PSP.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Phantasium posted:

It was said in the RPG thread, but Mystic Chronicles is just another one of those budget trash phone JRPGs that Kemco shits out monthly, Natsume presumably only ported it for PSP.

Yes, thanks for that. Saves me a beer and 6-12 hrs of slamming my dick in the proprietary memory card slot.

The Sony store rating system is worse than useless.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Oscar Wild posted:

The Sony store rating system is worse than useless.

All user-based rating systems are.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Morpheus posted:

All user-based rating systems are.

The something awful forums ratings have never let me down.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
I keep thinking about getting Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, digital from PSN.

Since the online content is now gone, would the single player campaign be worth the investment?
Also, if so, which DLC would be considered essential?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I put probably a good 60+ hours into it and never touched any online stuff, it's one of the best games on the Vita imo (it's probably even better than the recent PS4 one to be honest)

I don't think I bought any DLC but there are a couple extra courses/characters on there (there are DLC clubs/balls too but you don't need any of that stuff)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I bought the Kat DLC because Kat owns and she does an incredible pout when she bogeys.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

ayukawa posted:

I keep thinking about getting Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, digital from PSN.

Since the online content is now gone, would the single player campaign be worth the investment?
Also, if so, which DLC would be considered essential?

Yes absolutely. There are 6 courses in the main game/single player campaign with many different rule variations etc. The last 3 courses range from tricky to very difficult. There are 3 extra DLC courses which are much easier so they are worth getting if you want some more holes for a more relaxing experience.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

It's such a great game. It's my favorite game on the system, and I'd second that it's better than the recent PS4 one. The DLC is fine, but the single player base game is enough. I love golf games and play any that I can get my hands on, and the Hot Shots on the Vita is most likely the best.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If I could only play one, would Stranger in Sword City or Demon's Gaze be a better choice?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Anora posted:

If I could only play one, would Stranger in Sword City or Demon's Gaze be a better choice?

Demon's Gaze is real fuckin easy and Stranger is real fuckin hard. Also Demon's Gaze is like, a harem anime? But it has some cool dungeons so :shrug:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Anora posted:

Stranger in Sword City, the cheap version is good, but the updated version supposedly has a lot of quality of life improvements that make the game a lot better according to others in this thread.

SiSC has a great setting, can be brutally hard, and has some great art work, but it also begins to drag about halfway through. Even if you don't finish it, you'll probably enjoy it if you like dungeon crawlers. The worst part about SiSC is that there are more gotcha moments than are cool. Expect to die a lot.

Demon Gaze is a more polarizing game. I gotta say this is the first time I've seen someone call it easy, but ymmv. Demon Gaze has a stupid difficulty spike right around the 4th dungeon that puts a lot of people off. It's also... very, very anime. Ask your self are you okay with awkward scenes about a side quest about collecting phallic looking mushrooms for a cat girl? Then ask yourself are you cool with some pretty awesome looking boss fights and some gorgeous monster art. Then ask yourself if you are ready for more errr... questionable art decisions during the cutscenes.

Name me two or three of your favorite vita games and it'll help make a recommendation for ya.

Edit:

Anora posted:

BoF4 is so awesome, just FYI. It's super great. It's also nice to harken back to the JRPG days when they weren't trying to jam titties in your face 24/7.

Never mind, Stranger 100% for you sweet goon.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Was the fourth dungeon the underwater one? I didn't find that toooo bad except for Neptune herself who brutally destroyed me several times, until I fired the game back up on a whim a year later and killed her within three turns.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

kirbysuperstar posted:

Was the fourth dungeon the underwater one? I didn't find that toooo bad except for Neptune herself who brutally destroyed me several times, until I fired the game back up on a whim a year later and killed her within three turns.

Maybe, but that's not the one I meant. I meant when you all of a sudden get in the castle and you get your teeth kicked in until you grind a little bit.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Anora posted:

If you haven't already played Dungeon Travelers 2, I'd recommend it over either, but it's probably even more perverted than Demon Gaze.

I'm still not sure whether I want to pick up Romancing SaGa 2 or not. I'm intrigued, but at this stage in my life I think I'm over RPGs where you need to depend on a guide in order to not miss important stuff, and every other SaGa game I've tried has been terrible about that.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 24, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

In case you still haven't played it on a different system, or for some reason were holding out for the Vita release, Cosmic Star Heroine is released today for the Vita.

It's an actual good game for the vita that won't cause you to be put on a watch list so you should check it out.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Given it has art that looks like this:

What makes it good?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Mithaldu posted:

What makes it good?

I Platinumed the PS4 version) and:
- it's reasonably short, so it doesn't outstay it welcome - although it could be even a little shorter
- it has a solid, if not unpredictable plot, with clear antagonists and conflict
- has a solid, if not revolutionary combat system (the only thing that's really interesting is that characters have turns in which they'll be powered up, so you might want - and in some cases have to - plan your offense and healing around that; you also have limited amount of items that you can equip and limited uses of them, as well as the skills, so the battles tend to be fast paced
- the difficulty - at least in normal mode in the main quest - is reasonable and balanced, sidequests less so and I couldn't really finish them without lowering the difficulty or grinding
- the music is nice, but nothing special

Overall, it's good and reasonably well made game - given it's indie parentage - but I wouldn't buy it for full price (even though it's not high), since it has just enough flaws to make some parts of the game irritating. The sprite work makes it seem similar to Chrono Trigger, and that's not a good thing, because it can't compete at all - it's a competenly made turn-based RPG with nice spritework and an interesting take on turn based combat, but it's nothing groundbreaking.

And the CGI art is nothing to write home about, too - but thankfully it's not a large part of the game.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It's also a very rare specimen these days - a sci-fi story written by a wide-eyed and completely innocent and earnest guy who just wants to tell you all about how cool his OC is as she beats up all the bad guys and saves the day.

e: Honestly the plot is rear end, but the game is very responsive in letting you completely smash it to pieces if you're good at working out synergies.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

What makes it good?

Bill's art has improved a lot since Zeboyd's first two games :v:

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Stelas posted:

It's also a very rare specimen these days - a sci-fi story written by a wide-eyed and completely innocent and earnest guy who just wants to tell you all about how cool his OC is as she beats up all the bad guys and saves the day.

e: Honestly the plot is rear end, but the game is very responsive in letting you completely smash it to pieces if you're good at working out synergies.

I liked the plot and the siequest stories/homages, but those almost always work better than the larger plot in JRPGs. The larger plot had some interesting ideas, and the final dungeon/boss was cool, I think.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I grinded in early DG way too much and nothing was really difficult until the real True final for real this time Boss.

Outside the very cringey side quests the game was very fun.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So many titty-Wizardy-likes on sale, are there any real differences between them? What are the New Tokyo Legacy things?
Criminal Girls look criminal.

Persona 4G is not in the Big in Japan sale. I guess, it's shrunk.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SelenicMartian posted:

So many titty-Wizardy-likes on sale, are there any real differences between them? What are the New Tokyo Legacy things?

Dungeon Travelers 2 is good. Do not buy Criminal Girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SelenicMartian posted:

Persona 4G is not in the Big in Japan sale. I guess, it's shrunk.

It's not in the US Golden Week sale either even Dancing All Night is